All Stephen King Books

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
All Stephen King books:

400 pages of genius

10 pages of the worst ending you can possibly imagine.
From a Buick 8 has an excellent ending

After the troopers tell their dead colleague’s son about how they found the Buick and the horrors that surround it, they abruptly stop the story. The kid gets upset, demanding there has to be an end, he’s told “you did hear the end, you just don’t know it.” And, everyone goes home.

But the Sergeant commanding realizes something is wrong on his way home. He returns to the station to find the kid attempting to destroy the Buick, having been pulled by its influence. The Buick attempts one last supernatural act but fails. This is the real ending, with a superb epilogue but I won’t spoil it

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
From a Buick 8 has an excellent ending

After the troopers tell their dead colleague’s son about how they found the Buick and the horrors that surround it, they abruptly stop the story. The kid gets upset, demanding there has to be an end, he’s told “you did hear the end, you just don’t know it.” And, everyone goes home.

But the Sergeant commanding realizes something is wrong on his way home. He returns to the station to find the kid attempting to destroy the Buick, having been pulled by its influence. The Buick attempts one last supernatural act but fails. This is the real ending, with a superb epilogue but I won’t spoil it
Man I haven't read that one in a long time. It is a really good book.

• 3Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have decided it is because he writes people so damn well. In a few paragraphs he can craft a fully unique person that could almost live in the real world and you would believe that persons' motivations and reasoning. I have not read anything of his in a few years and it is shocking how much better a writer he is than the standard fantasy/sci-fi writers that, while I truly enjoy, just aren't even near his level.

• 3Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I listen to it on Audible once a year

It’s my favorite self contained King novel
I remember getting the CD audio version from the library at one point. I think that was the first time I had listened to it because I was going on a trip. I forget the name of the actor that narrated it but, and if I remember it's got a bunch of different people that narrate different characters. It was a really good performance. I think I'll need to pick it up on audible and check it out again. I had ripped those CDs way back when burn them onto cdrs for my MP3 disc player in my truck. I probably still have the files on a hard drive somewhere. I guess before audible was a thing, I used to go hit the local libraries in Charleston, check out audio books and rip them all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I have decided it is because he writes people so damn well. In a few paragraphs he can craft a fully unique person that could almost live in the real world and you would believe that persons' motivations and reasoning. I have not read anything of his in a few years and it is shocking how much better a writer he is than the standard fantasy/sci-fi writers that, while I truly enjoy, just aren't even near his level.
100% agree.

If you read his on writing book, that's basically the biggest takeaway, write such a believable character, place them in a situation, and the story should write itself. He claims he doesn't necessarily know what's going to happen, it just starts flowing. Little vignettes of such and such character remembering in time from their childhood, or they're telling another character a story about something they did with their parents on a trip, just little things like that.

I think it's why most of us probably enjoy his books so much.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember getting the CD audio version from the library at one point. I think that was the first time I had listened to it because I was going on a trip. I forget the name of the actor that narrated it but, and if I remember it's got a bunch of different people that narrate different characters. It was a really good performance. I think I'll need to pick it up on audible and check it out again. I had ripped those CDs way back when burn them onto cdrs for my MP3 disc player in my truck. I probably still have the files on a hard drive somewhere. I guess before audible was a thing, I used to go hit the local libraries in Charleston, check out audio books and rip them all the time.
Yeah there’s several men plus one woman.

God I wish this book was made into a limited streaming/tv series

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah there’s several men plus one woman.

God I wish this book was made into a limited streaming/tv series
I want to say at one point I remember that was maybe going to be a mini series or something. It was a good number of years ago that there was talk about it maybe becoming a project. It would really be good though.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I want to say at one point I remember that was maybe going to be a mini series or something. It was a good number of years ago that there was talk about it maybe becoming a project. It would really be good though.
I think Thomas Jane was attached to it

• 1Like