IMG_9393.jpeg

IMG_9399.jpeg

IMG_9411.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Is this the thread where we post interesting tent configurations made by homeless bums that we see on the sides of our highways?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
I'm going tomorrow morning. What are some of your must haves? Taking cot, tent, chainsaw, axe, portable propane griddle, cooler full of beer and sausage.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Until I got sick I backpacked often. The winds in WY, the Gila in New Mexico and the Bridger Teton and Yellowstone in WY.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actual camping, you need water, some MREs. a small folding stove. mess kit. collapsible cup. change of underwear and socks. a good axe and/or machete, a full tang bushcraft knife, firearms, reflectors, compass, whistle, flashlights, water purification tabs. first aid kit. fire starters of several kinds. a good backpack. a tarp/tent, poncho/rain jacket. a warm hat and a bedroll.

clothes, layers of clothing depending on weather. footwear should be lightweight boots with good tread.

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
actual camping, you need water, some MREs. a small folding stove. mess kit. collapsible cup. change of underwear and socks. a good axe and/or machete, a full tang bushcraft knife, firearms, reflectors, compass, whistle, water purification tabs. first aid kit. fire starters of several kinds. a good backpack. a tarp/tent, poncho/rain jacket. a warm hat and a bedroll.
I'm jeep camping not army camping. I always have my carry piece but don't usually take a rifle unless it's a hunting trip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm jeep camping not army camping. I always have my carry piece but don't usually take a rifle unless it's a hunting trip.
then just bring whatever it holds. small butane stove. your favorite foods. a cooler with your favorite beverages. blankets and pillows. you really dont need a chainsaw. there is always wood laying around to make a good warming fire.

Bald Brah

Golden Squire
then just bring whatever it holds. small butane stove. your favorite foods. a cooler with your favorite beverages. blankets and pillows. you really dont need a chainsaw. there is always wood laying around to make a good warming fire.
Where I go I need that to get down the fire roads sometimes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Hiking and car camping are two very different things.
We as a family do both.
Hiking, take the bare minimum, all items are small eg tent sleeping bag, just enough food, collect water on the way. Good shoes.
Car camping. Take everything you can!
If I'm going by myself I just sleep in the car, I have a wagon. Fire, booze, food, climbing gear or MTB gear.