Amazon Fire TV

Column_sl

shitlord
There biggest selling point versus a Roku is the UI, and Siri type searching.

Roku has an abysmal UI, and isn't that quick.
As far as file sharing from your computer, or you really going to use anything other then Plex anyway? Plex being built in is a definite plus.

Since they are both the same price, I honestly would go with the Fire.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This guy makes a pretty good point.

Why Roku Matters More Than Ever

According to him, the voice search ONLY searches Amazon content and won't tell you if the same title is available on Netflix or Hulu which is pretty shitty.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not only will HBOGo be on Fire TV but HBO is allowing their older series to be streamed through Prime.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone running XBMC through this? I think that's what I eventually want to do if I purchase one

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone running XBMC through this? I think that's what I eventually want to do if I purchase one
That's exactly what I'm using this for right now.

Works amazingly as a little XBMC box. I pickedthis guyup to go with it, but any keyboard/mouse will work. The Fire remote works for most everything, but when I was setting it up, not having to use the remote for everything was a godsend.

I plugged in a little USB squid so I could have a proper mouse, and I'll likely pick up a 360 usb dongle to check out what games look like on there. If they actually release XCOM this week, I may try to play that a bit on there as well.

Overall a fantastic purchase.