American Gods

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure the next episode is basically the conclusion of the book. Interesting if they have more planned or figure they won't be renewed. I could definitely see it being a straight up book ending as that would be pretty easy to close.

That Leprechaun better be dead in his fucking hoard cuz he got Chernobog'd real good.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't bother with season 3.

Entire thing can be summed up with replacing Mr.World with a random bad black girl then specifically calling it out 4th wall style since white men aren't "in" right now.

Also there's a random nobody girl superhacker that ruins all the Wednesday scenes now for some reason?

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
You know what's funny about that, is there could actually be an interesting point made wherein Mr. World sees how the majority of people these days are sheep (and racist) so his best tact is to simply change his appearance. Message doesn't change one iota, just simply "oh, y'all wanna listen to a black woman.........uh ok, *poof*". This show is most definitely not doing that though, and now that I think about it, has Mr World ever even interacted with normal people? He seems like a CEO/puppetmaster, a guy behind the scenes only interacting with his henchmen and the occasional other deity. Not sure why it matters if he's a white dude, a black chick, a green blob or a purple dildo.

That initial change was eyeroll-worthy, but what solidified this shit as total shit for me was in episode 3. The town girl goes missing, and the local cop questions Shadow about it, but expresses awkward concern about the optics of a white officer questioning a black dude. Then this exchange happens:

AG1.JPG

AG2.JPG

The "protagonist" of the show, in so many words, declares unequivocally that the entirety of America is racist. And let's not ignore the body language: the cringing & whinging white guy, being glared down by the indignant & righteous black guy. Top tier entertainment!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You know what's funny about that, is there could actually be an interesting point made wherein Mr. World sees how the majority of people these days are sheep (and racist) so his best tact is to simply change his appearance. Message doesn't change one iota, just simply "oh, y'all wanna listen to a black woman.........uh ok, *poof*". This show is most definitely not doing that though, and now that I think about it, has Mr World ever even interacted with normal people? He seems like a CEO/puppetmaster, a guy behind the scenes only interacting with his henchmen and the occasional other deity. Not sure why it matters if he's a white dude, a black chick, a green blob or a purple dildo.

That initial change was eyeroll-worthy, but what solidified this shit as total shit for me was in episode 3. The town girl goes missing, and the local cop questions Shadow about it, but expresses awkward concern about the optics of a white officer questioning a black dude. Then this exchange happens:

View attachment 343442
View attachment 343443

The "protagonist" of the show, in so many words, declares unequivocally that the entirety of America is racist. And let's not ignore the body language: the cringing & whinging white guy, being glared down by the indignant & righteous black guy. Top tier entertainment!

Glad I nope'd out after season one.

Shame, was an amazing premise.

Instead I'll read the book like any decent white person

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Final episode opens with the god of trannies

Not joking even a little bit

Is all media doomed at this point?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There’s no way season 4 happens. Covid and the god awful reviews for season 3. I’ll be shocked.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In case anyone was thinking of watching season 3, this scene is almost 10 minutes long:

Capture.PNG

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is all media doomed at this point?
Yes. You will never find another piece of mainstream media that isnt tainted by the ilk of modern liberalism.

LoTR is the last great big piece of media 100% free of liberal retardation. Watched the extended edition of fotr and god damn its so odd seeing literally nothing but white people in a movie like that.

Cybsled

There’s no way season 4 happens. Covid and the god awful reviews for season 3. I’ll be shocked.

At best, they can hope for a "TV movie" to wrap things up. But ya, I would be surprised if an actual season 4 was greenlit.

Sterling

El Presidente
This show has some really interesting moments but there's just so much shit in between that just mostly sucks. Most of the things that deviate from the book just isn't very good.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
If they reel in the fucking artistic nonsense and "America is for everyone!" stuff a bit, they could finally get this show on the road. It STILL hasn't QUITE caught up to the book ending, but it's like 90% there. I want to see what's next, but I'm not sure this gets renewed.

Some big fucking hints in this season finale though.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Oh no ! Where will we find another TV show pushing evil-whitey-racists and fags and trannys and race-mixing ?

j0.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

View attachment 343442
View attachment 343443

thank you for saving me the effort of having to post about that. I can't stand this show anymore.

Cybsled

It sounds like Starz is in discussion to maybe do a "wrap up" TV movie vs. a full season, but we'll see how that goes.

If you were into the show, that would have been a pretty frustrating finale. Not at the levels of Farscape, but still lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Does nobody in Hollywood see the trend of shows bombing after adding political messages in later seasons that were absent in the first season(s)? It's so fucking obvious blah

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Showtime said the same thing about Ray Donovan when they cancelled it. But there hasnt been a word on it since. And that show was actually good.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My biggest issue with the show right now is the pacing. I wouldn't really give a shit about some gay scene if it actually mattered to the ongoing plot but that shit is peripheral at most.
Oh no it's been indoctrinated. I'm literally gay and this still bothers me.