American Sniper

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What about doll babies? I totally took me out of this movie.
FUCKING DOLL BABY PUT THE DOLL BABY DOWN CHRIS KYLE

I couldn't even focus, between Face with a Texas accent, the doll baby, the lack of a real narrative. Dude, this movie was pretty average and it is getting sucked off throughout the national media and I have no idea why.

Seth Rogen's comments were basically spot on. I'm not making a judgement on whether that is good or bad, it just is what it is. Eastwood made a propaganda piece costarring a Mattel baby doll.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Every Fox anchor is fapping to this movie HARD. The way they were talking about in on TV you'd think that this movie was directed by Jesus himself.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Every Fox anchor is fapping to this movie HARD. The way they were talking about in on TV you'd think that this movie was directed by Jesus himself.
Nah...it's just a dude that talks with chairs
clint-eastwood-chair-rnc-2012.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen this movie but it sounds like people are judging it based on their political world view. I have a hard time buying the theory that the Academy of Motion Pictures is made up of people who worship the US military.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen this movie but it sounds like people are judging it based on their political world view. I have a hard time buying the theory that the Academy of Motion Pictures is made up of people who worship the US military.
I'm judging it based on it's pacing, writing, character development, acting, and directing.

I love a good war movie. This is a mediocre war movie. Easily forgettable.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That's fine, but I'm talking about the people comparing it to Nazi propaganda and saying it only got nominated because the Academy are a bunch of military apologists.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yeah, well about that BrutulTM, a lot of people are full of shit.

I pretty much agree with Bisi, movie was fairly boring, I'm not dissuading anyone from watching it though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No, they are worshipping eastwood, every movie he makes could be his last, so theyll always vote for whatever he makes until he dies.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's fine, but I'm talking about the people comparing it to Nazi propaganda and saying it only got nominated because the Academy are a bunch of military apologists.
Watch the movie and tell me it isn't an out and out propaganda piece. That isn't necessarily even a bad thing. But it is. It is about the least introspective war movie I have ever seen, more concerned with worshiping a hero (who was a pretty fucking spectacular dude, regardless of the little shit people like to bring up) than with examining the cost of war or even the war itself. The whole thing with the Iraqi sharpshooter, it was pretty dumb. The pacing, the path of the story itself (is there one?) and that motherfucking plastic baby. I love me some Eastwood, Cooper, I think Kyle was a certified bad mother fucker and legitimately saved many, many people. But this movie is just meh.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it tries in a halfass sort of way to be that movie. It isn't supporting a preconceived notion, war is bad for everyone involved. Everyone pretty much agrees on that except crazy ISIS fuckers. Even the subject of the movie was on board with that, quite publicly. Every time Eastwood begins to explore the consequences of the war on the soldiers or their families, he backs away from it. Which, fine, if you want to make the kick ass SEAL Team 14 (I counted) movie then do that, I just think that halfassing the whole impact message stalled the movie. Meandering is the word I would use to describe the movie.

It isn't even really bad, it is just average I guess. Lots of wasted opportunities.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I found the last 15 minutes of the movie about him helping his fellow veterans was far more interesting than his chasing big bad hadjis in the desert.

Juvarisx

Florida
Bradley Cooper was good, movie was mediocre. Hurt Locker for 2015 Oscars, won't win shit, but the American public will yap about it for a couple of weeks. I guess its hard to make an interesting war movie out of an uninteresting war, Generation Kill was as good as it was going to get.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Watch the movie and tell me it isn't an out and out propaganda piece. That isn't necessarily even a bad thing. But it is. It is about the least introspective war movie I have ever seen, more concerned with worshiping a hero (who was a pretty fucking spectacular dude, regardless of the little shit people like to bring up) than with examining the cost of war or even the war itself. The whole thing with the Iraqi sharpshooter, it was pretty dumb. The pacing, the path of the story itself (is there one?) and that motherfucking plastic baby. I love me some Eastwood, Cooper, I think Kyle was a certified bad mother fucker and legitimately saved many, many people. But this movie is just meh.
Well the movie is about the guy right? Why would they put in a bunch of shit about the "costs of the war" outside of the guy and his family that the movie is about?