Ancient Civilizations

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty much the definition of a butterface. I'm pretty dang far from a conspiracy guy when it comes to historical stuff. Somehow, every time I watch by her videos it makes me think of that quote by Oscar Wilde - "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."

I am totally fine with and support skepticism. But at the end of the day the questions asked by Graham, UnchartedX, and similar are just handwaved away by the supposed experts.

It's simply irrational to believe that ancient Egyptians spent years shaping each granite stone they used when there are thousands of the god damn things. Just as an example. They either had some amazing method for stonework that has completely escaped the modern tech tree or there is some other explanation. Egyptians spending years shaping each granite block they used in construction. Yuh okay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The solution to you not beliving that, is not an even more unlikely scenario.
This would, at minimum, mean the timeline for Pyramid construction was like 100+ years not within Khufu's lifetime. This alone heavily skews the current narrative.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
FB_IMG_1700585496516.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This would, at minimum, mean the timeline for Pyramid construction was like 100+ years not within Khufu's lifetime. This alone heavily skews the current narrative.
I feel like you are assuming that archeologists/historians are very rigid because Ancient Astronaut Theorists told you so.

I bet most would say that their best evidence points to it happening in Khufu's lifetime but it's not certain.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I feel like you are assuming that archeologists/historians are very rigid because Ancient Astronaut Theorists told you so.

I bet most would say that their best evidence points to it happening in Khufu's lifetime but it's not certain.

How many times do I have to tell you I don't support literally any of the aliens trash?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean there is a little bit of nuance between aliens! and I think you guys have history wrong.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
How many times do I have to tell you I don't support literally any of the aliens trash?
So who is telling you that mainstream archeology is rigid about this stuff and what do you think happened instead?

A lot of skeptics are Ancient Aliens Adjacent, it's only one step from global/trade culture to thinking everything is a star map for Aliens.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, she starts the video with a lie. He never claims to be an archeologist. He's just pointing out things that make him say Hmm and drawing mostly unfounded conclusions based on that. I think at this point it's important to remember that Archeology like a few other "sciences" are mostly wrong all the time. It happens because of new discoveries so they would say science is advancing and adapting to new knowledge but any person with common sense knew that they were wrong about many things from the beginning.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
To be fair, she starts the video with a lie. He never claims to be an archeologist. He's just pointing out things that make him say Hmm and drawing mostly unfounded conclusions based on that. I think at this point it's important to remember that Archeology like a few other "sciences" are mostly wrong all the time. It happens because of new discoveries so they would say science is advancing and adapting to new knowledge but any person with common sense knew that they were wrong about many things from the beginning.
Imagine watching her content not muted.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So who is telling you that mainstream archeology is rigid about this stuff and what do you think happened instead?

A lot of skeptics are Ancient Aliens Adjacent, it's only one step from global/trade culture to thinking everything is a star map for Aliens.
Because there are actual stone tablets/stone that have ancient aliens written as the beginning of man. And not jsut in one place but several civilizations that tell a tale of super smart "traveler" from another world that taught men civilization. Now whether true or fables those are ACTUAL historical pieces. We now have billions of people believing that a sky god made us all. Its not like all this shit is coming from someones ass bro.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Because there are actual stone tablets/stone that have ancient aliens written as the beginning of man. And not jsut in one place but several civilizations that tell a tale of super smart "traveler" from another world that taught men civilization. Now whether true or fables those are ACTUAL historical pieces. We now have billions of people believing that a sky god made us all. Its not like all this shit is coming from someones ass bro.
They dismiss what ancient people wrote because of a privileged bigotry against these peoples. They think we are smarter and more truthful than our ancestors.

• 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like what? Annunaki? Usually it's just modern people interpreting stories about Gods as being Aliens. We got to Ancient Aliens real quick in this conversation lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like what? Annunaki? Usually it's just modern people interpreting stories about Gods as being Aliens. We got to Ancient Aliens real quick in this conversation lol.
Youre the one that brought it up. I mean can you say with certainty that it wasn't? Im inclined not to believe the shit either but who the fuck knows? I know that the shit makes more sense than some sky god.

• 1Seriously?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean can you say with certainty that it wasn't?
Yes.

They dismiss what ancient people wrote because of a privileged bigotry against these peoples. They think we are smarter and more truthful than our ancestors.
There's retarded people today too. We have the entire documented history of how Islam, Mormonism and Scientology happened and people still belive that shit or think that Christianity and Judism isn't the same thing.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Youre the one that brought it up. I mean can you say with certainty that it wasn't? Im inclined not to believe the shit either but who the fuck knows? I know that the shit makes more sense than some sky god.
Why? You have equal levels of hard evidence for aliens as for gods.

And if we include secondhand accounts you have orders of magnitudes more people claiming encounters with gods than aliens.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

And if we include secondhand accounts you have orders of magnitudes more people claiming encounters with gods than aliens.
My point is there is no hard evidence for any of this shit. But Im inclined to believe that aliens came here than some sky god made bushes burn and raised the dead or visited a mid eastern warlord that raped children.

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

There's 4 times more people that wrote about Jesus in and immediately after his time (eyewitnesses) than wrote about the Emperor.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
There's 4 times more people that wrote about Jesus in and immediately after his time (eyewitnesses) than wrote about the Emperor.
Agreed, but I think you misunderstood me.

Yes we have good evidence that Jesus existed. Less so that he was the son of God, that part is a matter of faith.

But I wasnt making some knock against religion. I was saying its foolish to make fun of religious reports while simultaneously saying aliens make more sense or are more believable. Since we have no evidence for either one.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the ancient aliens stuff technically does exist and the ancients always wrote about a race of people totally foreign to them (they are always depicted as white with blonde or red hair and blue eyes) building these temples/megalithic structures and being referred to as gods. NONE of that means they were gods or from outer space. first of all, to these people they had no idea what those things were. they just knew that whatever they were doing was something they were unable to do on their own. when these "gods" had left or were likely murdered/died out. the locals tried to build like them, but could only make subpar examples. there are examples of lost tech/high quality all through time up to present. none of this has shit to do with spacemen or gods.