Android Auto

Dunnhopen

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have experience with it? What phone do you use with it? Which head unit? Worth while upgrade or should I look at App radios or something similar?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Since I don't want to spend the stupid amount of money it costs for an Android Auto head unit, I've been using Automate beta on my phone. It's a pretty good imitation of AA, but it can't integrate Google apps the way AA does, so some things can be a little clunky. Looks nice and is easy to read quickly while driving, but it doesn't really do anything special.

Right now I wouldn't invest money in AA. A docked phone connected to your stereo does pretty much the same things, just not quite as car tailored as AA.

Dunnhopen

Trakanon Raider
I am personally looking at the pioneer NEX 4100 which is less then $700. Considering it gets me google maps from my phone and other app integration I am hoping it is worth it, not to mention the better sound over the stock head unit.

One way or another I expect to do some upgrades, just hoping to get some extra functionality to it as well.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Anyone checked this thing out?Navdy

Not exactly "Android", but looks pretty neat.

Dunnhopen

Trakanon Raider
That actually looks really nice, and hopefully it gets popular enough they put it in cars from the dealership and start working it into the head units.