Anyone been in Berlin for New Year's Eve?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Basically the title. Heading up to Berlin for a couple nights with a few buddies (we're stationed at Ramstein). I've got a friend from high school that lives there who's having a party, but basically wanted to see if anyone had any good tips for anything cool to do there on NYE (or the night before). I was there over the summer but didn't check out much night life. I've heard Berlin is second only to New York City for New Year's celebrations but that's bullshit for all I know.

All feedback appreciated!

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
There are tons of clubs in Berlin, probably because its such a liberal city, especially in East Berlin. But I never actually went to any of them on my trip, my goal was more to visit as many restaurants and museums as possible.

NeverlosT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Berlin is a blast, it was a few years ago, lots of clubs. Call up some of the hostels in the area and ask for suggestions, they are typically run by young people and they can probably help you out with details.

mukkel

Trakanon Raider
I went this past year and it was pretty crazy. Apparently it's the largest outdoor gathering in the world for New Years and does surpass the amount of people in NYC. Also, everyone is drunk and has fireworks - A great combination. I'm pretty sure I almost died about 200 times as people fired them all at one another.