Anyone live in Quebec?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm trying to find some 95% alcohol I can use for cooking and the Ontario liquor stores don't sell any. I'm looking for somebody to purchase a bottle ofthisand ship it to me. It's legal to possess in Ontario, they just don't sell it so there is nothing illegal about the transaction. I'll pay for the bottle,shipping+finders fee for their trouble.

Just PM if you're interested, thanks.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He lives in Alberta and they also sell it there. So yea if Eomer is out there, offer stands for you too!

They've been banning it across Canada because we hate freedom or some other nonsense about kids dying of alcohol poisoning.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Dude, one bottle is $64.25. If you have the SAQ ship it, it'll cost another $55 plus $8 per bottle. Or did you want someone to pick up a bottle in person, then ship it personally? Seems like a lot of trouble for something to cook with.

On the other hand, if the "finder's fee" is a bottle for myself, then you got yourself a lackey.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dude, one bottle is $64.25. If you have the SAQ ship it, it'll cost another $55 plus $8 per bottle. Or did you want someone to pick up a bottle in person, then ship it personally? Seems like a lot of trouble for something to cook with.

On the other hand, if the "finder's fee" is a bottle for myself, then you got yourself a lackey.
They won't ship to Ontario, only within Quebec :/ I've tried a bunch online liquor stores, for the most part the ones that do ship, don't ship the 95% bottles and the ones that do, only do within specific territories. It's a gift for a friend who's a chef, she keeps going on about how awesome this dessert is and how they can't buy the stuff so I figured this would be a decent gift.

Citz

Silver Squire
It's actually illegal to ship alcohol between provinces (only legal if you transport it yourself) so that complicates things a bit. Of course, you can take your chance and ship it, hide it, pack it in a few boxes.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can't you find a Yank to just mail you some grain alcohol? I've had absinthe shipped from much further away and it's always arrived just fine.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm trying to find some 95% alcohol I can use for cooking and the Ontario liquor stores don't sell any. I'm looking for somebody to purchase a bottle ofthisand ship it to me. It's legal to possess in Ontario, they just don't sell it so there is nothing illegal about the transaction. I'll pay for the bottle,shipping+finders fee for their trouble.

Just PM if you're interested, thanks.
Whatcha using it for? Batter?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whatcha using it for? Batter?
It's a dessert that you need the alcohol to dissolve some kind of citrus extract in so you can mix it with water and then add it to recipe. The alcohol burns off and you're left with the citrus flavor and if you use anything but pure alcohol it'll leave a lot of residual taste of whatever you used. No idea what the name is specifically but she does a lot of new age gastro stuff that uses chemical extractions.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
My dads girlfriend is from Quebec but that wouldnt really help you a whole bunch I'm afraid since your booze would wind up in BC instead. :p

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's a dessert that you need the alcohol to dissolve some kind of citrus extract in so you can mix it with water and then add it to recipe. The alcohol burns off and you're left with the citrus flavor and if you use anything but pure alcohol it'll leave a lot of residual taste of whatever you used. No idea what the name is specifically but she does a lot of new age gastro stuff that uses chemical extractions.
Distilling a couple bottles of cheap vodka yourself would probably be less hassle

Myst

Peasant
I don't mind helping out. I live in Montreal and there's a SAQ a few minutes away from here.