Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a unashamed quest hub to quest hub if you follow that leveling path. If you do any kind of crafting, pvp, shipping, territory claiming etc it's extremely openworld sandboxy.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
It's a unashamed quest hub to quest hub if you follow that leveling path. If you do any kind of crafting, pvp, shipping, territory claiming etc it's extremely openworld sandboxy.
Cool, thanks. As long as there is an alternative I'll initiate "research mode"
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There really is no alternative to leveling, if you want to level your first character in any decent time. You have to do questing. But if you get through it, there is a ton of shit to do in this game and you don't have to be max level to do it either.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
PRX going to get enough competition from the Western faction side? Seems like a lot of people are picking East for some of the same reasons posted here.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
PRX going to get enough competition from the Western faction side? Seems like a lot of people are picking East for some of the same reasons posted here.
I don't think it's going to matter because I am sure the biggest guilds will become their own faction. The two starting factions are just a launching point.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a reminder to all those getting free keys.. you can't place a farm. Only patrons can. So if you get a free key and are rushing to play farmville you are in for a disappointment. Beta characters in closed beta currently will not be wiped through open beta. All will be wiped for release. Alpha characters may remain even through release when they are converted to test servers but I can't find a confirmation on that yet.

For those thinking about the $150 for founders still.. I paid the $150 and don't feel ripped off for what it gives me as I have always intended to play on release.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think we'll do okay. Frankly I wish they'd get rid of faction in this game, it makes no sense.

Do you have a listing of which faction the PvP guilds have chosen?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think we'll do okay. Frankly I wish they'd get rid of faction in this game, it makes no sense.

Do you have a listing of which faction the PvP guilds have chosen?
No, sorry. Didn't mean to imply anything at that level, which obviously is what you guys would care about. Just the general pulse of things online is all that statement is really coming from.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Without going into too much detail, the alpha servers are super heavy east but we anticipate things will even out and west will be generally more populated because it's the 'human' choice. Usually there's two dimensions of population: 1. Where all the PvP guilds go(ex: RUIN, LotD, MH etc), 2: where the general population will go. It's too early to say with accuracy how those two aspects will break down.

Besides the competition aspect, East is a much better faction in terms of terrain, quests, racials, graphics, general completion etc.

gox_sl

shitlord
So far i have only played west but thinking of doing east in a beta event. I am familiar with all the zones 30+ But where are the main good places for houses etc?
I know what is good out west but would be lost on what land to aim for in a land grab east continent.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Without going into too much detail
Eu scene wise I'll go into detail : right now you have the usualVoTForFutilezguilds, playing most of new MMO releases along withKDS. They're known as well organized guilds. PvP wise it's kind of difficult to call on the topdogs right now since we don't have our own PRX-like guild (I'm not talking about individual skill, I'm talking about MMO scene). Eu wise you have to deal with language barrier, some countries (like le France) don't dwell into English, that's why it's kind of hard going meta, most french / italian / spanish / some German people don't speak English at all, they'd rather stay on their servers. I'd like Trion to setup Eu servers rather than country servers, tho right now we don't really know anything release wise.

TL;DR ? We don't really have a "MMO Eu PvP scene" right now. Mostly 4-6 high corner guilds, the usual suspects and some other individuals.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why? Do people want to be cat-people or Koreans that much? The racials dont seems to matter that much, like they did in WoW. What is it about the East beyond what Tuco covered?
I know elves are never that popular, with the exception of night elves from WoW(which had a lot to do with class restrictions also). So there is just humans for a draw. Compared to Asian and Furries(which seem to attract too much attention). I have no real data to back it up or hard evidence, but I really think east will easily out populate west. How much that actually matters who knows.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Why? Do people want to be cat-people or Koreans that much? The racials dont seems to matter that much, like they did in WoW. What is it about the East beyond what Tuco covered?
The faster recall is actually pretty useful. Instead of sitting there pulling your pud for 10 minutes waiting for a cool down when you're running packs. Now its a little different now with not needing refined stones to port back but it still a nice bonus. I do agree, the racials are mostly worthless or can be obtained through other means (cat fall damage via leap back).

Really the biggest difference from playing both is the East is simply easier to level in and has better / more open feeling zones. I found the quests on the West to send you back and forth to the same hub many more times than on the east. Had more issues on the West with needing to wait for ground items to spawn (felt like there was fewer of everything) or there was an extra obstacle like an annoying mob more often. I felt the zones were a little more closed in from the extra elevation on the map and there were more annoying quests which I would just drop. Killing that stupid rare Kobold? elite guy in the teens is a good example. Really minor stuff but playing through the West for me was painful after playing East in Russia and in alpha here.

Personally I think the east is going to be more stacked with PvP'rs and the west will be more care bear. Just like alpha. We will see where the guilds end up but there isn't much value in picking a side this early. The game essentially plays exactly the same on both sides the only thing you really need to know is your farm / land progression which is what level 10? Then after 30 its the same zones or everyone so it really doesn't matter.

Regardless with how things work its very likely there will be plenty of inter guild drama and fighting even on the same side. I don't think we will see a guild faction any time while any of us are playing. It requires something like owning 3 of the spaces up north and the only way that happens IMO is a guild grabbing 3 right off the bat since they likely won't change hands often if at all.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SO I really do not care for the game.. paid for the Alpha. any long time folks I know who want to play PM me and I'll give you the account info.

EDIT: Gone