Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
concussive is great for pvp imo. As long as you use it smartly cause of the cast time. Great as opening shot(Shackle) or after leech to setup a burst.

I'm still wary on trickster. Maybe for pve farming/leveing(to get the 2% of damage back as mana) but i found I miss CCs at bad times as a result of not having magical accuracy maxed.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's amazing to me how many dumb shits there are that haven't learned to protect their information by now. These companies should either force people to use an authenticator or have them understand that if they get their account hacked they lose it for good. Too much time and effort goes into stopping and fixing the problems these people bring to these games.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious what everyone plans on using their credits for. I've got the silver pack, and originally had planned on buying expansion scrolls. But I noticed they were down to like 10-15g per. If that holds true for release, I'd much rather pay gold for them.

My other big thing I found useful was the 50 slot chest. I never checked the auctioneer to see if people were selling these though.

I figure I don't need the mount, since I plan on getting the Lilyut horse as soon as possible. Don't need a glider, because the lvl 20 upgraded one is damn near the same, and not worth 2k credits. I guess labor pots might be useful for the head start, but that only accounts for 300 credits (maybe 600 if I need one on day 2).

I really wish I could use them on Daru bags. Those things are much better value. Of the two I opened I think each had several gold (5-10) and I also ended up with one of the mount potions (50k xp) and something else.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For me probably labor pots(though tempted to just make a 2nd patron account), labor exp pots(for secondary skill lines), storage chest(probably 2-3), expansion scrolls and tax certs. That's at least atm. Money is going to be pretty tight for a while I think, while trying to craft and get setttled in, so will try to avoid spending gold on stuff.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Just be aware the bought mount is about ~.7 meters/s faster and more when equipped with the store gear(saddle and legs) from the normal mount. Its a great movement boost for the early game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RUF5fHA.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just be aware the bought mount is about ~.7 meters/s faster and more when equipped with the store gear(saddle and legs) from the normal mount. Its a great movement boost for the early game.
That's a ton of credits to spend on something that'll basically last me for the head start (Lilyut for 10g should be easy enough, and mount gear starts dropping in the 2nd dungeon). While I anticipate it being crowded at head start, I doubt it'll be so ridiculous that 1 meter/sec will be the difference between me placing my house or not. If it is, I may as well roll on a different server because that's going to be entirely too crowded.

The mount gear thing did remind me of one complaint I had. The PC quests, especially the run it 3 times one, really suck. The reason they suck is because it's almost impossible to come back and complete them later unless you find a bunch of high levels to help out. I went at around 40 to do a quick run. It went pretty fast until the last boss, where I found out that he actually scales to the mentor level unlike the rest of the place. So then I got to essentially solo a dungeon boss since the two lowbies couldn't even hit it. I burned up a few dozen potions and food in order to take him down.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a ton of credits to spend on something that'll basically last me for the head start (Lilyut for 10g should be easy enough, and mount gear starts dropping in the 2nd dungeon).
It really depends what mount do you want / need : snowlions run faster, horses have stun / KD abilities, elks do nice damage and uglyassmorphs can stealth and teleport back and forth. Of course the shop lion is 0.2m/s faster than the 10g horse, but would you rather prefer its abilities ? Also a shop lion + full gear is about 1k credits, I wouldn't call it "a ton".

Mount - ArcheAge Wiki

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, my bad. I was thinking of the glider prices, which are like 2.2k.

I really have no clue what I want to use my credits on. I originally figured I'd spend pretty much all of them on expansion scrolls, but the amount of people selling them on the AH was obscene. I can get by for a week or two with limited inventory space before the prices come down on them and I have a good amount of gold (assuming there are a lot for sale, and that's not just a symptom of beta). In fact, with funneling a lot of my resources to PRX crafters, I may not have much of an inventory space problem anyway.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Cash shop items on the AH are super cheap because the vast majority of them are being sold by gold sellers. They take the credits from all those hacked/fraudulent accounts. Don't expect those items to be that cheap come live.

The mount you buy on Mirage Isle can be upgraded, the others can't. And it takes a long damn time to level mounts up too, especially if you can't afk it.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
If anyone is looking for a slightly used Archeum pack give me a pm. Picked this thing up ages ago and found myself lacking the time and/or desire to play ever since. Trion shot down my refund request (apparently accounts older than 3 months cant be refunded) and I hate the idea of pissing the money away, any recoup would be better than none.

skylan_sl

shitlord
How does one set up the authenticator? Wildstar had it posted all over the place and offered small incentives to do this. I haven't seen the option in the Archeage patcher, etc.. Does it use the same authenticator?

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
How does one set up the authenticator? Wildstar had it posted all over the place and offered small incentives to do this. I haven't seen the option in the Archeage patcher, etc.. Does it use the same authenticator?
Yeah the Rift Authenticator can be used on any smartphone. If for some reason you don't have a smartphone, you can use a desktop app likeWinAuth(choose the Rift option).

Youneedan authenticator for this game. It's not really about a compromise on your end, it'stheirend you have to worry about.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I lost my Rift Authenticator app a couple phones ago and the "I lost access to my authenticator" button on their website doesn't do anything when clicked - tried Chrome and Firefox.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've heard ofwaytoo many people getting hacked in alpha and beta. Much more than even any released game should have. An authenticator is pretty much a requirement.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I play with no auth in any games, ive yet to be hacked I still blame users for using the same fucking password for everything.