Argylle (2024)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't seen this yet but Rockwell kills everything he does, best actor in the biz

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Rockwell nails just about everything. That motherfucker needs his own Academy Award category for, “single-handedly makes a movie worth seeing”. Like Morgan Freeman doing the narration of anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
This movie is getting crapped on in the reviews, so I must be out of mind, because I liked this movie. It's not 5 stars, and yeah the bad CGI got annoying. But we saw this as a date night movie and thought the sillyness, pacing and script were really well done. Especially if you can lighten up about the visual gags. The action was a little juvenile sometimes, like a total lack of blood, but overall it is definitely worth a stream.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My friend gave me spoilers and I get why it's silly and recycling shit. Trailer just amped shit up making it look like something it wasnt

• 1Like

Szlia

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an american movie with a main character who is an author and the film being a back and forth between reality and the fictional world of the author that riffs on reality. I have not seen it, but The Lost City with Sandra Bullock plays out like that I think? Anyway, for anyone who knows French cinema of the '70s the movie that springs to mind is Le Magnifique. The problem with Argylle is that it mixes Le Magnifique with The Long Kiss Goodnight and these are two ideas that do not mix at all. Since Vaughn also complexifies the script to the max with triple agents double crossing each others and abandons all idea of realism in the action scenes, it all becomes a big steaming pile of wtf.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Off the top of my head, I can't think of an american movie with a main character who is an author and the film being a back and forth between reality and the fictional world of the author that riffs on reality. I have not seen it, but The Lost City with Sandra Bullock plays out like that I think? Anyway, for anyone who knows French cinema of the '70s the movie that springs to mind is Le Magnifique. The problem with Argylle is that it mixes Le Magnifique with The Long Kiss Goodnight and these are two ideas that do not mix at all. Since Vaughn also complexifies the script to the max with triple agents double crossing each others and abandons all idea of realism in the action scenes, it all becomes a big steaming pile of wtf.

Damn dude, pulling Le Magnifique from the 70's as a reference is an impressive feat, I just loved Belmondo in that era. I'm sure I saw it because I watched nothing but french cinema back then, and Belmondo was one of my favorite actors.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I saw this today. A bit silly towards the end, but I still liked it. I couldn't keep my eyes off Bryce Howard's chest in that low-cut dress. Outstanding.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She really plumped up again. She's a rolleroaster of weight. Was way thinner back in Jurassic World.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bad movie. Not enjoyable in the least.

Also, ban fat chicks. This Howard tub of lard needs to die already.

Homsar

Bryce Dallas Howard doing action scenes was so bad I couldn't even watch

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Adaptation?

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Like..... Melinda & Melinda?

Animosity

First half was pretty funny and then it just kinda went downhill a bit once they reveal the gimmick. Rockwell kills it as usual. I dont know how he doesnt get more praise. If you go into it knowing its a cheesy fun movie youll be entertained enough. Bryce Dallas Howard looks like shes trying to morph into Amy Schumer.

• 2Like