Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Accesibility is extremely low.

Huge difference witj Elden Ring where you can just derp about and gain upgrades left and right.

Edit; after unlocking bazooka game seems much too easy. Have done a bunch of missions on first try np.

Content creators that don't normally cover this genre covered AC6 because it's FromSoftware.

This has led to a lot of people buying it that are only going to get a few days of play out of it before moving on to something else.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m sure that is fair. From’s success with the Souls games and Elden Ring puts them front and center for hype on any new release and broadens their reach. People may expect something Souls-like or may be interested in seeing what else the company has to offer.

Armored Core has always been more like Ace Combat to me in style. And I’ve really enjoyed this one so far. It isn’t perfect, but a fast action, 120 fps, mech explosion game is what I’ve wanted for over a decade.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Content creators that don't normally cover this genre covered AC6 because it's FromSoftware.

This has led to a lot of people buying it that are only going to get a few days of play out of it before moving on to something else.
It only has to last until Thursday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Holy mother of all souls games, this game is really, really difficult. Currently in Chapter 3 failing the protect the missiles mission for the 20th time.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Never played an AC game before; watching videos of it it looks super frantic. Also, so much gray, my goodness. Does the environment ever appeal?

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Never played an AC game before; watching videos of it it looks super frantic. Also, so much gray, my goodness. Does the environment ever appeal?
It’s very bland in my playtime and yeah, feels frantic.

I get why people love these games, but not my cup of tea. Thankfully not everything has to be for everyone. Watching Asmon try and brute force spider boss was lols

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Holy mother of all souls games, this game is really, really difficult. Currently in Chapter 3 failing the protect the missiles mission for the 20th time.
multilock 10 round missiles, 5 each on the little guys and the point puncher for the big guys. Grenade launcher is also nice.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asmon sucks shit at video games and basically only kills shit when his chat gives him spoilers - news at 11.
I like razorfist but can't watch his gaming for same reason, guy needs a journalist difficulty

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Played with the decal editor for a few minutes tonight. Need to work on the K a tad, getting that angle right is a pain in the ass.

1693099498433.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Combat is really fun, the (bland) scenery grew on me since it is fine for a superindustrialised world and the sound effects are satisfying.

The story is very low effort though. I loved the story and mission backgrounds in older mechwarriors.

Farming money is far too easy. The fact that every repeat mission yields full money is a clear mistake, it should only give you the difference with your highest payout if you beat that.

As a mech combat game it is an solid 8 for me (i miss targetting legs and cockpits, wtf), as a whole a 7 is the best I can do.

Just give me a modern MW3 already.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Farming money is far too easy. The fact that every repeat mission yields full money is a clear mistake, it should only give you the difference with your highest payout if you beat that.
That would completely kill the game. Whole point is to be able to try out different AC setups and even with payouts as they are it takes ages to farm enough COAM to buy everything. Or even just everything potentially useful.

I'd agree with the 7-ish score though. The game is very barebones, what little story there is is completely uninteresting, and despite the large variety of possible loadouts I find myself using tetra legs with plasma rifles and songbirds for almost everything. Swap in gatling guns for arena fights and they're over in 15-30 seconds. On the bright side, that means I don't have to constantly reset and re-buy all the OS stuff, 'cause not being able to save that shit as part of a loadout is super annoying.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This just doesn't feel like a 60 dollar game.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That would completely kill the game. Whole point is to be able to try out different AC setups and even with payouts as they are it takes ages to farm enough COAM to buy everything. Or even just everything potentially useful.

I'd agree with the 7-ish score though. The game is very barebones, what little story there is is completely uninteresting, and despite the large variety of possible loadouts I find myself using tetra legs with plasma rifles and songbirds for almost everything. Swap in gatling guns for arena fights and they're over in 15-30 seconds. On the bright side, that means I don't have to constantly reset and re-buy all the OS stuff, 'cause not being able to save that shit as part of a loadout is super annoying.

Try the tank tread with the detonating bazooka and pile bunker. You fast as fuck, super satisfying to stun then charge that pile bunker. Didn't think those things would be the fastest legs in the game.
1693151507977.png