Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
AC6 will not recognize my Xbox controller. The controller works with other games and big picture mode, so I am confident that this is an AC6 issue. I have tried all the suggested steps from the half dozen videos I found discussing it. Anyone else have this issue?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230902_121741.jpg

Made a flying HK-Tank, this is awesome.

Balteus is absolutely whooping me now. I keep getting him to about 40% health and then losing once he starts unleashing fire sword attacks. I could stay way back, but I have to be in close to have any chance of dishing out major damage during the 1 second stagger window this game gives you.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just got a refund after an hour of trouble shooting. I guess it wasn't meant to be, I will just pick up at a later time.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you farm to overlevel stuff? I would never have completed any souls game without summoning help, so I would need to be seriously OP to get anywhere in this game I assume.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not really? You can farm money to buy all the components and have whatever setup you want (not that you need it since you can sell right back). Components are still locked behind progress so you can’t buy everything up front. OST Chips are locked behind arena which unlock over the course game.

It isn’t easy but it still feels like some of this is way overblown. Balteus was an eye opener but he isn’t impossible. The tutorial boss isn’t even hard except for the fact he can fly out of bounds.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Can you farm to overlevel stuff? I would never have completed any souls game without summoning help, so I would need to be seriously OP to get anywhere in this game I assume.

Not really, but also you don't need to. The game gives you plenty of money just from going through the story, and you can sell parts for 100% of the buying price so you aren't punished for experimenting.

Balteus was the hardest fight so far (and for a while after this from what I'm reading) but I still got it after a few tries.

It's probably easier than any Souls game by default. It's just important to note that at the very beginning you'll be the weakest you'll ever be. It's pretty much all uphill from there power-wise, outside of the quick difficulty spike of the Balteus fight.

So basically you might have issues in the first level/boss, but if you persevere through that it gets easier and easier, and more and more fun.

Anyone know offhand roughly what the game length is on this thing? In the past week I've managed to squeak out 7 hours on it and the PS5 home screen says I'm at 20% game progress. A few missions after Balteus.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you've running a meta build by the time you get to the end of Chap 3, the game with NG+ and NG++ is probably a total of 30 hours if you forgo rerunning missions for combat logs.

If you're a dumbo like me who keeps using melee and not running full stagger/tank build, rerunning missions for combat logs you can't find (multiple times) - 45hrs

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
AC6 will not recognize my Xbox controller. The controller works with other games and big picture mode, so I am confident that this is an AC6 issue. I have tried all the suggested steps from the half dozen videos I found discussing it. Anyone else have this issue?
Don't have ps4 windows or something running do you? Might cause a conflict.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I've used both my PS5 controller and my 8BitDo Pro 2, which is detected as an xbox controller, with no issues.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not really? You can farm money to buy all the components and have whatever setup you want (not that you need it since you can sell right back). Components are still locked behind progress so you can’t buy everything up front. OST Chips are locked behind arena which unlock over the course game.

It isn’t easy but it still feels like some of this is way overblown. Balteus was an eye opener but he isn’t impossible. The tutorial boss isn’t even hard except for the fact he can fly out of bounds.
I think hard comes more than anything from not being inventive enough to change tactics and sometimes gearrather than trying to square home round peg everything with one method.

Like tutorial boss to just hide and shoot from boxes won't ever work vs learning early kinda how to go aggro.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you've running a meta build by the time you get to the end of Chap 3, the game with NG+ and NG++ is probably a total of 30 hours if you forgo rerunning missions for combat logs.

If you're a dumbo like me who keeps using melee and not running full stagger/tank build, rerunning missions for combat logs you can't find (multiple times) - 45hrs

I'm using the Pile Driver left hand for melee and a bazooka main hand with two Songbirds, seems to annihilate everything. Tried shotgun, but it just doesn't have the range.

Finished Chapter 2 this afternoon, I'll do more later this week.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really, but also you don't need to. The game gives you plenty of money just from going through the story, and you can sell parts for 100% of the buying price so you aren't punished for experimenting.

Balteus was the hardest fight so far (and for a while after this from what I'm reading) but I still got it after a few tries.

It's probably easier than any Souls game by default. It's just important to note that at the very beginning you'll be the weakest you'll ever be. It's pretty much all uphill from there power-wise, outside of the quick difficulty spike of the Balteus fight.

So basically you might have issues in the first level/boss, but if you persevere through that it gets easier and easier, and more and more fun.

Anyone know offhand roughly what the game length is on this thing? In the past week I've managed to squeak out 7 hours on it and the PS5 home screen says I'm at 20% game progress. A few missions after Balteus.
I don't need to, you say... Imagine I'm a gaming journalist. Does that change your answer?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I don't need to, you say... Imagine I'm a gaming journalist. Does that change your answer?

If you look up guides on what builds to use for hard boss fights it makes the game a lot easier if you are not good at games.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Beat this game today for the first time, it was so fucking good. Working on NG+ now. My big problem with it was I landed on the full Nocht armor + dual shot guns build and could never bring myself to change it the whole time. Any "better" armor was just heavier and made me slower, and the stagger of the shotguns was too good to pass on. I just spent the whole game boosting around like I was playing Sekiro and blasting double shot guns.

Hardest mission with the build was absolutely the Red Guns final mission. I had to put the lower tier shotguns on my shoulders to have enough ammo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got a whole day to myself here so I'm playing this. I'm midway through chapter 3 now, about 12 hours on the clock. Is chapter 3 the last one? Saw a few online guides that end with it. The percentage on the home screen indicates that there might be five chapters. And at the rate I'm going I'll finish chapter 3 within 15 hours and I don't think the game is actually that short. How much do I have left?

Zaide Zaide I've been using the same build for most of it too, even though half the fun of Armored Core is trying different parts. Keep feeling like I should be trying something else out, something more agile/fun. Problem is, once I got the HK Tank treads, with their sky-high HP and weight allowances, I couldn't go back to anything else. From there I just loaded up with the heaviest, most defensive Havel-type stuff. With a Bazooka and two Songbirds I generally just charge in and face-tank foes while unleashing as much hell as possible, going for a Pile Driver melee hit when they're stunned or cornered. That last thing chunks boss HP, but you have to look for opportunistic strikes.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried dual Stun gun build, seems weak until the discharge builds and goes off when they stunned then it literally takes them down 50% health and they die.