Ashes of Creation

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
boJyrRI.png

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I already have kid.

For future, it is either Pantheon/Crowfall or this. There just isn't much on the horizon

For now, i am causally in ESO

p.s: I accidentally found PAIN - Pain › News

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe i'm way off base here and in the minority but I find it such a waste of time to put together something like this that really has no insight to how the game will play, look, feel, etc. It's too staged and overdone. I would rather see 30 people attempting to manage secondary mobs while bouncing off a dragon in-game.

Not off base. Anything aside from straight in-game unedited and unscripted footage is totally useless imo.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Path of Exile, literally none of my friends wanted anything to do with EQ again lol. I did play p99 and time locked, p99 was ok but time locked is a clown fiesta.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just registered on their site. I know it's early on, but the graphics so far are pretty god damn impressive. Definitely has piqued my interest.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Some new pre-alpha video gameplay. It's definitely a good looking game so far, but am not sure whether i really like or dislike it, for some reason i am getting a little bit of an eastern MMO feel to it. Can live without the heavy breathing and grunting PC sounds too.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Maric

N00b
This is going to be hitting Kickstarter within 2 months. Pretty sure I'm going to be throwing money at this one.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are you guys playing these days? Let me guess, p99 or time locked eq server?

Trying to play P99 but getting groups seems pretty hard.

Have pretty much given up on PVP games, it's too hard to get interesting fights in those with severe losses and in free deaths it's just endless ganking.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably because it's been handled so poorly in so many games that even the godawfulness of arenas/battlegrounds is preferable to it.

Or yes, your balls might have stopped working.

This kind of vague blah isn't giving me any hope either

For our open world, we have designed a flagging system that severely deters people from griefing other players.

Like so many other MMOs have tried? Sure.
RPK were tiresome in Meridian 59. I can do without that.

The main issue with these shiny, short videos is that it's very simple to design a bunch of models, graphics and make a bunch of scripts in an established engine and then basically play a short movie that looks like gameplay, but actually is just a movie, with absolutely no game mechanics working behind the scenes.

And that's exactly what many have done in the past few years.

It looks like they got a lot of stuff done in a short period of time, but it gives me the impression their resources are misspent on making cool looking videos to hype, hype, hype instead of making a solid foundation for the actual game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nice, another MMO that looks like it could be decent. One of these fuckers gotta stick eventually, right?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some new pre-alpha video gameplay. It's definitely a good looking game so far, but am not sure whether i really like or dislike it, for some reason i am getting a little bit of an eastern MMO feel to it. Can live without the heavy breathing and grunting PC sounds too.

I get a big Kingdoms of Amalur/Reckoning vibe from it. Or maybe even an EverQuest 2 and Fable had a child kind of vibe.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It was supposed to be a lot more complex in EQN. The way Ashes work is more basic:

- Each zone has an XP bar and level
- Everything you do gives XP (with bonus based on zone?) to the zone
- The zone level determines what you have at the center of the zone (flat empty @ 0, small camp @ 1, large camp @ 2, small village @ 3, small city @ 4, large city @ 5, capital @ 6), which determines vendors and trainers.
- The zone level determines what mobs, ressources and events are enabled in the zone

That's it.

(there's also a mechanic that wasn't in the presentation that makes that the zone level caps and depresses the adjacent zones level, so you can't have two capitals next to each other. If you want the dragon world boss to spawn and the capital next door prevents you from getting to large city, then you can make an alliance and declare war to the capital and reduce it to rubble in PvP)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Next time they are going to talk about how to destroy those high level nodes, thus complete its life cycle.

And yes it does give me a EQ2/RIFT vibe, which is great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user