spronk

FPS noob

Fire Elmo GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dont get it. The plot of the second one was 10x worse than the first and the backdrop isnt interesting when you look at it from a ride/experience perspective. Swimming? Big fucking deal I can swim irl.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This movie series is just dumb I don't understand why anyone at all even cared enough to see the sequel.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is he ripping off dances with wolves a third time?

Is he bringing temu bear grylls back again?

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This movie series is just dumb I don't understand why anyone at all even cared enough to see the sequel.
Pandora park at Animal Kingdom is so much better than the movies especially at night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
avatar felt like a thing where he put out a big movie every 15 years and everyone went and saw it for the advances in technology / CGI. Avatar 2 made $2.3 billion and the #1 and #3 spots for worldwide box office grosses are still Avatar. I went with the family to see both and can't remember a thing about the second one other than there was a whale. Never rewatched either movie, zero interest in the IP. I think the video game did poorly as well.

With only a gap of 3 years between Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 I think that might have been too early and it won't do as well since its not enough time for tech to change much, but I guess we'll see.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Last hour of the second one was an action movie masterclass on how to edit, frame and pace a ton of action in a short amount of time. The HDR water scenes were amazing in the theater as well. Its no suprise why these keep getting made they still make all the $$$, and every couple years you can see what CGI is truly capable of if more directors actually tried.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno. If people still want to see blue kittens in state of the art CGI. Then good for them.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I dont get it. The plot of the second one was 10x worse than the first and the backdrop isnt interesting when you look at it from a ride/experience perspective. Swimming? Big fucking deal I can swim irl.
I was up in DFW for work and I was staying at my sister's house. My nephew was watching the second film when I had gotten home. I was just sitting and visiting with him and tried to watch the movie for maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

It was utter garbage, but he liked it because he's just a young kid. The first movie was okay for the spectacle, but like everybody is said the story is BS. I'll probably never watch the second one and why on Earth am I going to want to watch a third.

I think it really just comes down to it being a vanity project for Cameron, probably to show whatever technological achievements he's made in cinematography, and he can sell that tech or service to other production studios. It's like when ID software makes a new engine and a Doom game.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The stories are garbage and predictable. First one is Pocahontas/Dances With Wolves, second one is "oh no the humans are back! also we're swimming".

Only reason to see these is for the visuals, which honestly are downright amazing, especially in IMAX 3D.

• 1Like