Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd prefer playing as a Human colonialist wiping out the aggressive indigenous population to harvest resources so that life back on Earth would be better, but no, I guess we play as the oppressed indigenous population fighting revolutionary war against the Human capitalist invader, while getting help from the obligatory hippie Humans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'd prefer playing as a Human colonialist wiping out the aggressive indigenous population to harvest resources so that life back on Earth would be better, but no, I guess we play as the oppressed indigenous population fighting revolutionary war against the Human capitalist invader, while getting help from the obligatory hippie Humans.
I'd prefer to play as a human colonist that assists the natives with destroying the colonial fleet, then I'd use the salvage to purge the planet of all remaining high-sentience life and spend the rest of my days fishing for pink-gilled froggybats and humming old doobie brothers songs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like ACG reviews, usually aligns very well with my taste. So this looks very promising especially as both a fan of open world games and of Avatar.

The fact that it has coop is a big plus, so looks like I’ll be getting this.

Caliane

I like ACG reviews, usually aligns very well with my taste. So this looks very promising especially as both a fan of open world games and of Avatar.

The fact that it has coop is a big plus, so looks like I’ll be getting this.

"the humans are stealing navi children for some reason, and you play as one of those children, reconnecting with your people " lol. nah. and I thought the movies storylines were heavy handed and stupid. not going to even touch this game, even when I got it free via a new vid card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, getting whatever the hell this is supposed to be as the free game with my 7800XT = zero excitement or interest. Didn't like the first movie and have no intention of ever watching the sequel. The Na'vi look creepy as fuck, only way I'd want to play a game based on Avatar is if the player is working for RDA to secure unobtainium and wipe them out.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only good plot point was them taking the memories of the top marines (who all died of course) and putting them in cloned recombinant Na'vi bodies as a "Blue Team" that Pandora would not see as invaders. Play as one of them and they would get so many more sales.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"the humans are stealing navi children for some reason, and you play as one of those children, reconnecting with your people " lol. nah. and I thought the movies storylines were heavy handed and stupid. not going to even touch this game, even when I got it free via a new vid card.
lol that's basically what I thought partway through the video. "Oh, playing as the aliences looks pretty cool. I think I'd want to play as the marines though. The mechs and ships sound more fun. Oh, wait....of course they're not going to let you play as the evil white humans...."

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Giving this a shot on series x but with Ubisoft +. Don’t have to pay full price and just 17.99 for a month to try it out. Will report back.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Giving this a shot on series x but with Ubisoft +. Don’t have to pay full price and just 17.99 for a month to try it out. Will report back.
It’s fun in a far cry kind of way and the graphics are excellent. Less action than FC but much better exploration and crafting. Better than Starfield, easily

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's Far Cry + getting beaten over the head with the most heavy-handed 'colonization is bad, mmmkay?' shit imaginable.

The only purpose this game serves is to see the potential of FSR 3 with frame gen on 7000-series GPUs. As a benchmark and image quality check for that, it's fantastic...I get ~100 fps on my 7800XT at 1440UW ultra settings and there's no noticeable artifacts. Can't wait for some games that are actually worth playing to start using it (so far the only others are Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum, which are even worse than Avatar).

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have to say, this game is boring as fuck. Does it ever pick up? The characters suck, the world graphics are all the same. Mission structure is boring as shit so far. Crafting is confusing and it’s annoying trying to find your way to mission points using that sight ability all the fucking time.

Combat is decent enough but God. When can one get flight? Running is boring as fuck and takes FOREVER to get anywhere.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Uninstalled. Just so fucking boring.

• 1Solidarity