Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm not a reader of the comics, so my knowledge is probably lacking, but why doesn't Strange

just reverse time like in his film? find a way to spring the trap again without triggering Starlord?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not a reader of the comics, so my knowledge is probably lacking, but why doesn't Strange

just reverse time like in his film? find a way to spring the trap again without triggering Starlord?
I don't believe anything like what happens in the movie at that point happens in the comic. However, I assume since he looked forward into the future and only found one way they beat him, they had to go with what happened here. Strange knew they were going to lose, and I assume he also knew that he was gonna be one of the half wiped out and that is why he sacrifices the stone to save Tony.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Mutha....

Best movie in ages. Finally a movie not afraid to have the balls and have a real ending. Holy shit.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't believe anything like what happens in the movie at that point happens in the comic. However, I assume since he looked forward into the future and only found one way they beat him, they had to go with what happened here. Strange knew they were going to lose, and I assume he also knew that he was gonna be one of the half wiped out and that is why he sacrifices the stone to save Tony.

That makes sense. I kind of forgot the part about only one way.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

God damn this was good. Really didn't expect...

Strange to surrender the Time Stone. I thought for sure the time stone would be their 'out'. Unless Strange had a spell he left using its power. I don't see how Captain Marvel is going to do much about the snap. She's strong, but even if she's stronger than King Thor with his new hammer, she's still nothing compared to Thanos. Will be interesting to see how they get things back.

• 2Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
saviour1.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
9/10, amazing experience on a Dolby screen but it feels like final scores really depend on how well they can execute part 2 of the story in Avengers 4 which releases May 3, 2019. Gonna definitely rewatch this a few times in May with moviepass. I had to google the post credit scene meaning, had no clue wtf it meant. Funniest thing on opening night is having most of the audience cheer and clap for opening and key scenes and absolute, pin drop silence at the end.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sweet Baby Jesus, that was amazing. Possibly the best Marvel movie yet. Given the characters they had to work with (i.e. no Adam Warlock), this was perhaps the best version of this story I could have hoped for. I'm just fucking thrilled this turned out so well. I could nitpick a couple of things if I tried, but I'd say this is a solid 9.5, easy. Maybe as close to a 10 as I'll ever see in a comic book movie. The .5 would only be possible if the movie were 5 hours long and showed tons of Thanos wrecking shit, but then everyone else would complain while I loved it, so I'm happy with 2.5 hours of awesome.

I am probably going to have to see this again soon.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Is this what it felt like to walk out of the theater in 1980 after seeing Empire Strikes Back?

I need time to process all this, but it's goddamn 1:45 in the morning and I've been up since 4 AM.

Also I looked it up cause I couldn't remember, but thank god the Russo brothers are doing Avengers 4 as well and they aren't pulling the same bullshit they are with Star Wars. I imagine filming is done and it's in post already, especially if A4 has anywhere near as much CGI and action as this did.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sweet Baby Jesus, that was amazing. Possibly the best Marvel movie yet. Given the characters they had to work with (i.e. no Adam Warlock), this was perhaps the best version of this story I could have hoped for. I'm just fucking thrilled this turned out so well. I could nitpick a couple of things if I tried, but I'd say this is a solid 9.5, easy. Maybe as close to a 10 as I'll ever see in a comic book movie. The .5 would only be possible if the movie were 5 hours long and showed tons of Thanos wrecking shit, but then everyone else would complain while I loved it, so I'm happy with 2.5 hours of awesome.

I am probably going to have to see this again soon.

Good post. Was hoping your namesake or Sentry would show up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is this what it felt like to walk out of the theater in 1980 after seeing Empire Strikes Back?

I need time to process all this, but it's goddamn 1:45 in the morning and I've been up since 4 AM.
As someone that saw Empire on the first day, I can assure you it is the same feeling.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider

Also I looked it up cause I couldn't remember, but thank god the Russo brothers are doing Avengers 4 as well and they aren't pulling the same bullshit they are with Star Wars. I imagine filming is done and it's in post already, especially if A4 has anywhere near as much CGI and action as this did.

I said that to my wife. That I think this is the kids Empire Strikes Back n

• 2Solidarity

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
God damn this was good. Really didn't expect...

Strange to surrender the Time Stone. I thought for sure the time stone would be their 'out'. Unless Strange had a spell he left using its power. I don't see how Captain Marvel is going to do much about the snap. She's strong, but even if she's stronger than King Thor with his new hammer, she's still nothing compared to Thanos. Will be interesting to see how they get things back.

hmm, nevermind

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was so happy to see
Red Skull

My jaw dropped. Really cool surprise.

• 4Like

Fadaar

That guy
I was so happy to see
Red Skull
, my jaw dropped. Really cool surprise.

I imagine most people didn't expect him to actually be dead at the end of Captain America, it was just a question of when he'd show back up again. They sure as shit surprised me with that appearance.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
awesome movie, how the fuck do they get the people back? kill thanos and use the time stone?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know how I can possibly explain how strong and often my geek orgasms were had in the theater. That movie had me spent before the 2hr mark and it still had more love to give.

• 2Solidarity