Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ouch, herc taking that death in Fusion more than an hour in. This is why you have races with extra runners.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if this dude will be a huge douche again while he runs Metroid Prime like he was a couple years ago...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still feel like the Starcraft2 Wings of Liberty speed run was the worst thing I've seen them do. The player was uninteresting and the couch (especially the female on it) were ranging from annoying to vile. In fact the chick kept complaining people were donating to incentives. And the speed run itself was a disaster and was more effectively a Lets Play instead of actual speed running.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like every year they struggle to fill time with games that make for good speed runs and instead we get larger block of games that take 3-6hrs, keep that shit off the schedule. Though lately its been runners who just aren't good at the game they are running, they need to start having some quality control. Not to mention the event has gotten so big that its now more about the charity drive then the event, which from a twitch PR perspective is good, but instead of striking a balance it feels like AGDQ is gonna turn into a shitty paypal telethon. Finally let's not even get started on the PG stream bullshit they've implemented, the earlier smaller events were way more fun to watch.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really surprised no one speed runs valdis story at these events, perfect type of game for speed running and already has a competitive community.

Caliane

i was wondering about valdis when the others here were talking about axiom verge.

Szlia

Wait... are we saying the runners suck now because the guy with the 3rd best time in Axiom Verge Any% died 10 times in total in 3 supremely bullshit passages of the game even though he breezed through everything else and the last quarter of the run is him doing some beastly throw/switch/cancel loops that makes him warp through levels like he is Nightcrawler? Even after that run that went way wrong in those passages, he finished in less than an hour a game that is clocked at 8 hours for people rushing at HowLongToBeat.com .

Tenks

This donation is for MY GIRLFRIEND who is real and MY GIRLFRIEND said that cancer sucks. MY GIRLFRIEND is so cool a special that I'm glad she's MY GIRLFRIEND, and real.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This donation is for MY GIRLFRIEND who is real and MY GIRLFRIEND said that cancer sucks. MY GIRLFRIEND is so cool a special that I'm glad she's MY GIRLFRIEND, and real.
I missed that donation but it sounds like the brother sister combo from Jessica Jones. lol

Tenks

I missed that donation but it sounds like the brother sister combo from Jessica Jones. lol
I was making fun at the absurdly high number of donation reads that feature the word girlfriend or fiance. Its like if they have a girlfriend (either real or make believe) they need to say it in the donation comment.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sinister or someone did a recap stream a couple days after one of the GDQs in 2013 and he was like, yeah it was a major issue and they couldn't believe they had to tell people they needed to go to their room and shower or else leave. These were much smaller rooms too so I'm sure it was much worse.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not just speedrunners. you can replace AGDQ with any game-con - magic the gathering, board games, comicon, etc.