Baby Driver (2017)

khorum

Murder Apologist
4.20 star(s) Rating: 4.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Baby Driver

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Edgar Wright

Cast: Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Lily James, Eiza González, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx, Jon Bernthal, Flea, Sky Ferreira, Lanny Joon, R. Marcos Taylor, Hudson Meek, CJ Jones, Paul Williams, Lance Palmer, Big Boi, Mike "Killer Mike" Render, Jon Spencer, Micah Howard, Morgan Brown, Sidney Sewell, Thurman Sewell, Walter Hill, Brogan Hall, Jeff Chase, Wilbur Fitzgerald, Brigitte Kali Canales, Andy McDermott, Patrick R. Walker, Ben VanderMey, Shellita Boxie, Allison King, Morse Diggs, Keith Hudson, Marshall Choka, Elijah Everett, Hal Whiteside, Juliette Sicard, D.R. Lewis, Marvin E. West, Connie Lee, James Blackshear, Christopher Beanland, Erica Frene, Marisol Correa, Elizabeth Davidovich, Duke Jackson, Colin Lacativa, Trey McGriff, Ronald Joe Vasquez, Mason Pike, Ryan Newton, Donald K. Overstreet, Danny Le Boyer, David Conk, Troy Faruk, Chad Joyce, Mark Smith

Release: 2017-08-11

Runtime: 113

Plot: After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a doomed heist.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Looks like Drive with an autistic Millenial. Hell of a cast tho.

"I said Mike Myers!!" fucking lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that looks fun. Love the cast. Definitely looking forward to seeing Foxx and Hamm as bad guys.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure I can get over how much that dude looks like the younger brother of the guy from Workaholics.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
He looks like he's 12 for sure. I haven't seen him in anything but small parts before so they must've cast specifically for his look. His waitress girlfriend looks way older than him.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He looks like he's 12 for sure. I haven't seen him in anything but small parts before so they must've cast specifically for his look.

His looks were probably a factor but there was a lot of buzz about him as one of the best rising new actors after his role in The Fault in Our Stars a few years ago.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They couldn't come up with a better name/title?

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The first trailer was a lot better. This doesn't really say anything else. But I guess this isn't really a movie that needs a trailer.

Aspy kid drives well, but listens to his ipod.
Bad guys use his driving to pull off crimes.
Kevin Spacey is his "boss" and organizes the bad guys.

That's about it.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Just got back from seeing this and it's pretty badass. Solid heist movie with excellent music and great acting.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, saw this last night. Fucking brutal. Take an uber, you'll want to drive like a total asshole after the movie.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this movie was pretty fuckin' cool. The way they used the music was fucking awesome.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Movie was alright. Think I prefer Drive. The dancing shit got on my nerves, real bad. Unless it's some tongue in cheek reference to Spiderman 3. I didn't care for many of the songs. I get it, they're old songs or whatever, but fuck. I listened to the golden oldies age 1-18 because my parents controlled the radio. They could've picked way better songs.

Hopefully the end scene with villain was an homage to MacGruber.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its worth 12$.

The lead actor is actually a pretty damn good one. I knew he was talented after watching The Fault in Our Stars. He can convey a great sense of energy and mood without speaking, which isnt easy as an actor and can often seemed forced. Leonardo DiCaprio is a master of this.

Anyway, Jamie Foxx's hairline is amazing in this film. When you have millions of dollars, you can apparently buy yourself about 30 years worth of time as far as baldness is concerned. Also, Ive never really saw him take a role like this, as he is not really a protagonist. Also, Hamm was very good in this. I wish they would explored his "seeing red" thing a little more throughout, and fleshed him out a little more. Overall worth the watch.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database