Backpack battles

Caliane

so, many of you probably have seen this on twitch, or favorite variety youtuber play this already. but, figured I'd make a thread. You've also may have seen me bring up backpack hero repeatedly as being one of the most fun, and freshest take on those roguelike card games.

well, someone took the backpack hero backpack and item system, and put it into a pvp autobattler. and its kindof fun.
(edit: looking into it, I think the pvp is actually fake. you don't play against live players, instead snapshots of players at each round)

Inventory management IS your favorite part of Path of exile right?

There is a demo on steam. its still in EA though.

super indie game. its made by a couple.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I've played the demo (which is their EA, only free and has 2 classes) more than I have most AAA games. 62 hours played. It's addictive.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
so, many of you probably have seen this on twitch, or favorite variety youtuber play this already. but, figured I'd make a thread. You've also may have seen me bring up backpack hero repeatedly as being one of the most fun, and freshest take on those roguelike card games.

Backpack Hero just updated with 1.0 full release

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
A bunch of people I'm in discord with have been playing a shit ton of this game. Gave it a shot today, my second run was 18-0. It's an interesting little game. Seems like it could be an enjoyable Auto Battler, that takes a little different spin on things.

1700321234914.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
got damn i've never felt so old or out of place

kids these days take the shittiest part of old school games (which has been eliminated/improved in modern versions of those games) and make THAT the game?

Shitty ass Diablo style inventory management is now a game type?

Get the fuck off my lawn

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
got damn i've never felt so old or out of place

kids these days take the shittiest part of old school games (which has been eliminated/improved in modern versions of those games) and make THAT the game?

Shitty ass Diablo style inventory management is now a game type?

Get the fuck off my lawn
It's an auto battler, ala Auto Chess, TFT, etc. But instead of units it's items.

The games are reasonably quick, it's not overly complicated. There isn't a timer between fights so you can go as fast or slow as you want. There are lots of item combinations and stuff to make a lot of different builds

Last edited: