Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is that, 2 or 3 individual imps?

Then you fight a mindflayer and a demon with a time limit that's ball crushingly hard on tactician.
Get gud son, and read/listen. The mindflayer friend tells you to get to the ship controls, meaning you don't have to kill a single thing on the last fight of the tutorial, if you don't want to. Of course most people are going to kill at least the first two imps and people who read spoilers are probably going to save scum (command: drop) for the sword, then run away.

Finally, achievement hunters are too autistic to talk about... but I still killed the demon as an extra challenge.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Get gud son, and read/listen. The mindflayer friend tells you to get to the ship controls, meaning you don't have to kill a single thing on the last fight of the tutorial, if you don't want to. Of course most people are going to kill at least the first two imps and people who read spoilers are probably going to save scum (command: drop) for the sword, then run away.

Finally, achievement hunters are too autistic to talk about... but I still killed the demon as an extra challenge.
I'm playing Tactician because I've played BG1+2 multiple times and DOS1.

The Demon kills the Mindflayer in 2 turns then one shots your party with multiple attacks.

I was going for the controls as instructed while using my actions to snipe the 3? imps, who were close to killing the party on their own.

Only way I could do it was Command: Drop savescum to reduce the damage so the Mindflayer tank lived longer, which yes, I had to google.

Keep in mind I didn't know at this point you could quicksave in comabt.

I have indeed "got gud", I'm having no trouble now at lv6, I can use actions, movement and items more effectively (not perfectly yet) but a lot of it is from having more tools now.

It's a valid criticism.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing Tactician because I've played BG1+2 multiple times and DOS1.

The Demon kills the Mindflayer in 2 turns then one shots your party with multiple attacks.

I was going for the controls as instructed while using my actions to snipe the 3? imps, who were close to killing the party on their own.

Only way I could do it was Command:Drop savescum to reduce the damage so the Mindflayer tank lived longer, which yes, I had to google.

Keep in mind I didn't know at this point you could quicksave in comabt.

I have indeed "got gud", I'm having no trouble now at lv6, I can use actions, movement and items more effectively (not perfectly yet) but a lot of it is from having more tools now.

It's a valid criticism.
The demon must been getting some good hits/crits/saves to kill the mindflayer so fast. For tactician, most of the time he should last 4, maybe 5 turns with good rolls, since the mindflayer AoE stun seemed fairly hard for the demon to resist and he usually fires that ability off right away.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The demon must been getting some good hits/crits/saves to kill the mindflayer so fast. For tactician, most of the time he should last 4, maybe 5 turns with good rolls, since the mindflayer AoE stun seemed fairly hard for the demon to resist and he usually fires that ability off right away.
Did it multiple times, so no. I think it was 2 turns if unlucky otherwise 3. On hard mode.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Playing BG3 without the flaming sword is basically like playing Morrowind after you kill a key character and the game can't be beaten.

zur6sdodjffa1.png

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tactician mode has a lot more to do with learning the quirks of the fight and the game than knowing DND ahead of it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Playing BG3 without the flaming sword is basically like playing Morrowind after you kill a key character and the game can't be beaten.

zur6sdodjffa1.png
Flaming Sword sucks through! Isn't even +1.

Laezel has the Githyanki Sword now with the psychic damage, Karlach the Sussur Sword that silences enemies.

I respecced Shadowheart to Life domain and she's using a Lathander weapon, so that's probably more like what you are talking about! Still has Shar on the character sheet though... for now...

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The commander at the nautiloid you start in and have to leave to start the game has it. You don't have to kill him, a lot of people use command to make him drop it. Then pick it up and gtfo. Did see a video of a guy killing everything there to start on honor mode without anyone else in the party. I skipped ahead the video was 40 minutes or some shit.