Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's just tears of the kingdom link
This is why you guys are getting all the gay action, you can't tell the difference between men and women anymore because of tranny propaganda.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wizard really coming alive now. Magic missle VI bitches.

This gif is #facts

1692137855350.gif

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I meant to post this earlier but I kept forgetting. I have NO IDEA what you guys are doing to get asterion to be so enamored with you. At the druid celebration he told me that he was looking for some action and then IMMEDIATELY clarified that he was not looking for action with me, and that the thought was turning his stomach.

Ive spoken with him regularly and just answered his questions honestly, expecting him to jump on me at any moment, based on the responses here. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't let him bite me, but wasn't particularly upset with him, either. just told him to go find some animals.

I also have the highest rapport with gale, but he hasn't said anything to me in that way either, just that he's super happy to be on my team.

Halsin and wyll havn't shown any interest whatsoever.

Lae'zel keeps talking about how much she loves watching me sweat and murder, karlach is too afraid to touch me but absolutely wants to ride the pole (even going so far as to say she doesn't mind whatever thing I've got going on with lae'zel), and shadowheart talks about how ive changed her for the better, but is still worshipping shar. Pretty sure I have to get further to adjust her faith a bit before she'll act on anything with me.

Point is, all the women are into me, all the men are in the friendzone. I don't know what I did to set that up and how it's different than whatever you guys have done, but I'm happy with my choices
Neither Halsin nor Wyll came on to you at any point? /skeptical. Though with Wyll, I can understand. I don't think he's ever said anything to me. If he did, it was once and never happened against. However, Halsin certainly came on pretty hard and had to me told off a second time before getting the message.

Gale was even worse. After straight out telling him I wasn't interested, he still literally told me "I'm in love with you" in Act 2. WTF?

It might be a consequence of building high rapport with them. Or maybe it's a hidden mechanic that's influenced by Charisma because my main character has a high CHA.

I really don't know, but I've never given any of the male characters any reason to think I'm romantically interested in them. I am friendly to everyone because I felt it was important to build rapport, but the only one I've flirted with at all was Shadowheart and that was out of curiosity because she starts out as a frigid cunt.

Different topic

Those of you struggling with the game (low damage, landing hits, etc) need to familiarize yourself with the core 5e rules. 5e is a lot more streamlined than previous editions of D&D, but there's still a lot of nuances and there are a lot of things that aren't explained well within the game. Furthermore, Larian has added some elements that aren't a part of the tabletop game.

If you're playing a caster and complaining of low damage, you simply don't know what you're doing. There are caster builds that are capable of dumping 300-400 damage in a single turn.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't you all rather know how to avoid awkward gay sex interactions with your party members?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

But if there's girls there I wanna do them!
I remember I first saw this as a final fantasy skit. I had a buddy who worked at Volition ant the time and a quote from it came up and I talked about seeing it as a FF video before I saw the summoner version. I remember he got mad and had me send him the link so he could show their legal department. Must not have worked cause I see that version is still up. What a lame thing to get mad about lol

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As been mentioned, that was more to bring casters back down to Earth from the God-status they had.

Melee characters simply could not compete with a caster that was sporting 10+ buff spells. Haste, Flight, Stoneskin, Protection from numerous energy types, and those are just a few of the middling buffs.

Things got truly retarded when spells like Simulacrum, Contingency, Clone, etc were involved.
Yeah, in earlier editions, martial characters were just there to carry casters in early levels just so that at later levels casters could carry martials. I don't even want to say that they were there to distract creatures from going after the squishies, because at a certain point the martials becomes the squishies. Concentration mechanics and attunement slots (not in bg3) go A LONG way in bridging that disparity.

And speaking of high level gameplay, my weekly table has been getting together since 2016 and we are in our third campaign (currently lvl 11) that is going to lvl 20. Well, this campaign may not, our dm always runs it narrative first so if we resolve everything before we get to 20, then we don't get to 20. Anyway, right about lvl 12 or so, give or take, there is always a significant ramp up in complexity.

Part of that is because if your playing high level 5E DND, you're basically just making everything up. Even if you aren't running official mods you can still run encounters pretty intelligently because there are limits to what a 4th level fighter can do. But in 5e, even martial characters start to get pretty insane at high levels, too so it gets harder and harder and harder to plan for challenging encounters the higher level the party is. And since there's hardly ANY official campaigns for high level you really have to just make an educated guess on what the players are going to do and what is going to appropriately challenge them.

I think it's sort of a cyclical problem though, because wizards see that most games stop before lvl 12, so they dont want to spend their resources on making official high level campaigns. So DM's struggle with running high level games, so they make sure their campaigns stop at lvl 10 and then just start over on a new campaign. So then wizards sees that people play more low level games so they make more resources for low level games etc etc etc.

But yeah, as a veteran of several max level campaigns they are a ton of fun and id love to see larian add more.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I remember I first saw this as a final fantasy skit. I had a buddy who worked at Volition ant the time and a quote from it came up and I talked about seeing it as a FF video before I saw the summoner version. I remember he got mad and had me send him the link so he could show their legal department. Must not have worked cause I see that version is still up. What a lame thing to get mad about lol

That studio doesn’t seem like the type that wants to spend money to litigate or cease and desist 26 year old content from a relatively unsuccessful game from 2001

The final fantasy one didn’t come out till like 2006

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, in earlier editions, martial characters were just there to carry casters in early levels just so that at later levels casters could carry martials. I don't even want to say that they were there to distract creatures from going after the squishies, because at a certain point the martials becomes the squishies. Concentration mechanics and attunement slots (not in bg3) go A LONG way in bridging that disparity.

And speaking of high level gameplay, my weekly table has been getting together since 2016 and we are in our third campaign (currently lvl 11) that is going to lvl 20. Well, this campaign may not, our dm always runs it narrative first so if we resolve everything before we get to 20, then we don't get to 20. Anyway, right about lvl 12 or so, give or take, there is always a significant ramp up in complexity.

Part of that is because if your playing high level 5E DND, you're basically just making everything up. Even if you aren't running official mods you can still run encounters pretty intelligently because there are limits to what a 4th level fighter can do. But in 5e, even martial characters start to get pretty insane at high levels, too so it gets harder and harder and harder to plan for challenging encounters the higher level the party is. And since there's hardly ANY official campaigns for high level you really have to just make an educated guess on what the players are going to do and what is going to appropriately challenge them.

I think it's sort of a cyclical problem though, because wizards see that most games stop before lvl 12, so they dont want to spend their resources on making official high level campaigns. So DM's struggle with running high level games, so they make sure their campaigns stop at lvl 10 and then just start over on a new campaign. So then wizards sees that people play more low level games so they make more resources for low level games etc etc etc.

But yeah, as a veteran of several max level campaigns they are a ton of fun and id love to see larian add more.
Man, if only there were tools in place to create your own shit instead of relying on WotC's woke ass.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That studio doesn’t seem like the type that wants to spend money to litigate or cease and desist 26 year old content from a relatively unsuccessful game from 2001

The final fantasy one didn’t come out till like 2006
Hmm, don’t think so. I was friends with this guy in 2003 maybe 2004, wasn’t in contact with him in 06 (I think). I’m guessing it was more him just being butthurt about someone trying to steal their studios thunder/writing than the company legal department (probably one dude?) actually caring. He wasn’t high up in the ranks.

This was a conversation back then btw, not recently, it wasn’t 26 years old back then.

j00t

Neither Halsin nor Wyll came on to you at any point? /skeptical. Though with Wyll, I can understand. I don't think he's ever said anything to me. If he did, it was once and never happened against. However, Halsin certainly came on pretty hard and had to me told off a second time before getting the message.

Gale was even worse. After straight out telling him I wasn't interested, he still literally told me "I'm in love with you" in Act 2. WTF?

It might be a consequence of building high rapport with them. Or maybe it's a hidden mechanic that's influenced by Charisma because my main character has a high CHA.

I really don't know, but I've never given any of the male characters any reason to think I'm romantically interested in them. I am friendly to everyone because I felt it was important to build rapport, but the only one I've flirted with at all was Shadowheart and that was out of curiosity because she starts out as a frigid cunt.
yeah, i haven't really talked to halsin much, but i'm pretty sure i've exhausted his dialogue options. there was a point with wyll in the druid celebration where he was out on the shore moping around. i talked to him but i felt like things were MAYBE sliding towards the "i'd rather be spending time with you" type of converation, so i told him to come join the party. he said he wasn't feeling it, so i was like, "oh, well, have fun on the beach byyyyyyyyyyye"

i'm playing a vengeance pally with... i think 14 cha and conversation skills. obviously my cha could be higher but i'm not having any issues with dialogue so i'll probably leave that where it is for now. and i'm still in act 1 (making my way through the underdark before heading back through the mountain pass probably). i'm ASSUMING gale will start trying to love bomb (heh) me in act 2, but for now he's doing fine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Act 2 spoilersa

Not hard, but one of the visually coolest puzzles I can remember doing in a game.

1692140469462.png

• 1Like

j00t

Man, if only there were tools in place to create your own shit instead of relying on WotC's woke ass.
well, like i said, MY dm creates all his stuff. even when we did curse of strahd it was HEAVILY edited. but there are PLENTY of people who are dm's not because they want to create their own stuff, they just want to play dnd and no one else will dm.

and even if you ARE running your own stuff, there's all kind of tested encounters you can use and/or borrow from. like if i have a group of 4 lvl 3 players it is super easy to figure out what kind of encounter will be the right level of challenge for them. 4 lvl 18's though? sure, you can look up MECHANICALLY what is the right CR rating for them, but depending on what classes they are, what items they have... like grabbit said you can prepare for 10 hours and your players can resolve it with a couple of spells and now what?

for the player it can feel like it wasn't really a challenge and just there to waste time and resources, and the dm can feel disrespected because all that time was just wasted. obviously there are things that the dm can recycle but that's not always the case.

and we're not even talking about derailing the game with things like plane shift, true sight etc. stuff at high level is REALLY hard to plan for

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
and we're not even talking about derailing the game with things like plane shift, true sight etc. stuff at high level is REALLY hard to plan for
yea i've often told players that broad groupings of spells arn't available, or heavily altered. like "only teliport to/from certain places" or "no making food and water". depending on the theme of the game.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

It was originally from an album that an improv group put out in the 90s.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man all this bg3 fever makes me wish to relive Ultima one more time. Maybe 6 or 7 ...
80779-ultima6_008.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Question about act 2 path

I think I've done most things now except the moontower and the shar gauntlet. I did the first part of the gauntlet, then left and did other things. Should I do moontower first or second? The gauntlet supposedly has the thing that makes the guy invulnerable, so maybe finish that first? Don't need to know what happens of course, just more of an answer for "do this first for best results" if that's possible

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It was originally from an album that an improv group put out in the 90s.
Hahaha no wonder I never heard back about what the legal guy said. He probably just slapped the dude when he brought it to him.