Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think TJT TJT was doing the same thing if I'm not mistaken. Just seems logical from a role playing standpoint, andI
I didn't have anybody specced paladin the first go. Laezel would probably make a decent paladin from her character standpoint though.

Didn't even think about mods that maybe tweak things to be a little bit more aligned with the rules. I may have to mod it up a little bit for the second run.

One thing I kind of irritated me was the stat distribution and not getting a stat point every four levels. I always typically play a human because you get an additional feet at level one and I like the stat points that you can move around. Only benefit is the skill proficiencies and some stupid weapon stuff.

Gith seems just so damn good with their weapon proficiencies, misty step, and jump. I just don't want to play a weird alien.
The meta race seems to be a deep gnome since they get advantage on Int/Wis/Cha saving throws. There are a lot of Int/Wis saving throws and advantage allows you to "safely" dump wis to 8 and not pay for it too much. Also, with Hexblade mod, you can use Cha for weapon rolls starting at level 2, allowing a lower Str start, or even dump it to 8.

Since I try not to long rest until absolutely necessary, the Elixir of Hill Giant Strength is super strong. So I dumped Str to 8 on start, then have been using the Elixir to get to 21 STR. I don't even need the Hexblade bonus until I run out of Elixirs, but the spell slot recharge on short rest, from Warlock, is great for smites.

Oblio Oblio There are a bunch of mods out for it, but they have not released the official tools yet. Once they do, though, someone might try to do something like that, eventually. A KotoR remake mod in BG3 would be awesome, but I can't imagine how long that would take to make.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The meta race seems to be a deep gnome since they get advantage on Int/Wis/Cha saving throws. There are a lot of Int/Wis saving throws and advantage allows you to "safely" dump wis to 8 and not pay for it too much. Also, with Hexblade mod, you can use Cha for weapon rolls starting at level 2, allowing a lower Str start, or even dump it to 8.

Since I try not to long rest until absolutely necessary, the Elixir of Hill Giant Strength is super strong. So I dumped Str to 8 on start, then have been using the Elixir to get to 21 STR. I don't even need the Hexblade bonus until I run out of Elixirs, but the spell slot recharge on short rest, from Warlock, is great for smites.
Yeah, fuck playing a midget jogger, hehe. I just can't do it. I can definitely see why it would be beneficial though.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Yeah, fuck playing a midget jogger, hehe. I just can't do it. I can definitely see why it would be beneficial though.
I never play a short race, but figured it was a evil playthrough so why not. The Disguise Self (Fane) helm helped with that decision, as I just use the Elf or Half Elf illusion at all times. I might try to match races with various areas, but I played Drow in the first playthrough and reactivity really seemed to fall off after the first chapter.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On second play through what if you get the hag eye and the volo eye on the same character?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The short races don't have enough advantages to make up for the ball crushing 7.5M movement speed in the early game. Especially on tactician where that really matters.

Of course its doable it just suuuucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

On second play through what if you get the hag eye and the volo eye on the same character?
Didn't even think about that, going to go try it tonight. The Hag hair is one of the best items in the game, but fuck it, I want to see what happens if you try to be BFFs with the Hag.

The short races don't have enough advantages to make up for the ball crushing 7.5M movement speed in the early game. Especially on tactician where that really matters.

Of course its doable it just suuuucks.
Longstrider from a Hireling (or party member if using the PnP spells mod) and 21 STR leaps make it not matter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
end game spoilers

1693264308015.png

literally the first large, huge or gargantuan mob I've swung at since getting this sword.

eca.png

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It has to be an oversight. I was pretty bummed when I tried the same thing.
speaking of oversights

I tried out the Galeplosion ending before picking the one true ending of Karlasquid, he still showed up in the epilogue talking about rebuilding the crown of mystra, lol.

finally beat this, what a fantastic game. Now to read the other posts in this thread I've been eschewing out of fear of spoilers.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unpopular opinion (I am at the end of act 4)

Firstofall why is every male companion gay? The vampire, okay tbe, but also Gale wants me to show his "magic", even the druid makes some pretty disturbing comments. The chicks are all annoying or exhausting, too. What happened to interesting and "normal" fantasy writing when it comes to comnpanions these days?

Also writing, I mean the story is just an AD&D DLC for D:OS 2. Some superior power instrumentalizes you against a god like being. Amazing and unheard of. The whole structure of the game is literally copied from D:OS2 and D&D sugar coated. Don't get me wrong, still a very good game for classic RPG enjoyer, but it's not really that hyper amazing. Well, maybe if it it's your first real rpg, idk.
Sometimes I get the impression that we boomer tend to "overnostalgic" things, really.

Also: the camera still sucks, Larian. And the music is a bit boring.
go fuck yourself this game is great and your face is boring

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

For real fun with explosions, save the deep gnome nuke. Cast dome of invuln, get everyone in your party under it, then activate the nuke that you've thrown/set down outside the dome.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyones elses Halsin quest turbo fucked and refusing to update? I'm done with the goblins etc but:

Killed all the goblin leaders, and every living goblin really, went back to the grove and talked to the druids and got my fancy reward from the wolf statue area, then everyone came to my camp for a big gay party.

The quest is stuck though and just says I need to talk to Zevlor still? Also Halsin is in my camp but just infinite loops his same dialogue and doesn't offer anything new or do anything else?

I'm gonna be real fucking pissed if this is actually broken cause I did all this shit like ~10 hours ago and only just now noticed how busted the quest log is cause I was wondering why this fuckin druid was standing in my camp for so long[/spoiler[
I got the same bug. Here's a SS of Halsin at the end of Act 2 when the narrator scolds you for fucking up his quest line.

BlondHopefulJunebug-size_restricted.gif

• 2Worf

Burns

speaking of oversights

I tried out the Galeplosion ending before picking the one true ending of Karlasquid, he still showed up in the epilogue talking about rebuilding the crown of mystra, lol.

finally beat this, what a fantastic game. Now to read the other posts in this thread I've been eschewing out of fear of spoilers.
I did the Galesplosion by activating the ability from his hotbar during the fight and it played, what I assume, is supposed to happen. A huge detonation cutscene over the city and then a short scene of the ruined city and talking about people rebuilding, that's it. Everyone died, no epilogue about anyone, roll credits.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I like how picking some races makes certain parts easy mode. Like if you pick drow, all the goblins pretty much roll out the red carpet for you in act 1
The chicken race, obviously cast talk to animals and convince the chicken to run. Goblin tried to scam me out of my purse, I have a very high charisma and +2 from Intimidation. I could have easily fed her a line about how I was gonna crush her skull, but there was some passive Drow line, “You know I’m more akin to seeing goblin slaves in the Underdark, then running around free on the surface” or something

It was so passively threatening, she just shuts the fuck up and immediately fucks off after giving me the gold

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
my slow act 2 ass just finished with Balthazar, that was fucking intense! 1st go round I got raped, 2nd go round was almost an hour and I finished with my oathbreaker pally 1/4 alive, everyone else dead but I killed them all. Wow that was fun. Saved the game as 'holy shit that was intense'.

• 3Like

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a good and reliable mod that gets rid of encumbrance or makes items weightless?

The inventory management is not great in this game, and it feels like item weight is just a minor, but annoying, inconvenience rather than something with gameplay implications that forces the player to make meaningful choices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user