Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know it's petty, but...goddamn I hate it when people spell rogue as rouge.

Rapier is widely considered the best finesse/light rogue weapon.

Regarding the Hag,

I actually solo'd her with my level 5 Rogue main character. I didn't want to walk my party through the traps so I snuck in, popped haste potion, triggered the event, hit her with Faerie Fire, and beat her ass with 3 rounds of Sneak Attack.
I just did that fight this evening, and have a question.

Managed to get her item for the +1 stat increase. If I respect anytime in the future, will I lose that point? Haven't used it yet on my monk because I was worried it would evaporate if respecting.

Cybsled

Can't you also shove the hag into the pit for an insta-kill? She drops kind of shit items and if you don't care about the stat thing she tries to bargain with...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Kind of insane that I've seen a single post talking about the end of the gane and a single post talking about a quest in Baldur's Gate.

Can't wait for PS5 release.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
first, it's "rogue." there, that's out of the way... i beat the hag at lvl 3, i'll just say not to forget your support spells. i honestly really liked that fight as it forced me to approach the encounter differently than just leeroy jenkins'ing it. but that's all i'll say

edit: oh, forgot the weapon question. rapier is good but you can't dual wield it since it's not "light." otherwise it's basically dagger unless you have proficiency with short swords. don't worry though, the weapon is just the vehicle that drives the sneak attack, it doesn't really matter what weapon you are using as long as it's finesse. rogues only ever get 1 attack, so that's why a lot of people dual wield daggers/short swords, just to increase their chances of actually hitting so they can sneak attack
Nah brah , you see the guy he's flame on gay , it's rouge. Lol sorry I triggered you both. I'll run back and give it a try. I'm in the goblin camp trying to find the underdark lair and attempting to close up open items. I went from wtf there is 10000000x things to do, to what now.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
level 12! and a fuck ton of game left...didn't see that coming.
I'm in a similar boat. I'm level 6.5, but I haven't finished Act 1 though I'm close.

I'm well behind most people in the thread, but I was out of town most of last week and I rarely play these massive RPGs more than once so I try to squeeze as much out of them as possible. However, BG III is going to be one of the exceptions because I want to do a Dark Urge run.

Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded I really don't know if you'll lose the item, but my guess is no.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I just did that fight this evening, and have a question.

Managed to get her item for the +1 stat increase. If I respect anytime in the future, will I lose that point? Haven't used it yet on my monk because I was worried it would evaporate if respecting.

You don't lose it but you also can't change it's allocation

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Some big near-endgame sidequest spoilers:

Holy shit make sure you find the house of hope and fight the boss at the end. It's so fucking sick it really kinda makes me sad that you never are gonna want to take Raphaels deal and miss out that area/his fight

Seriously 10/10 best boss fight in years, maybe even decades

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
OK am I missing somethring or is this ability bugged and I'm not getting shit from it?

Mystra's Blessing, from a staff you get, should be giving me 1d4 to weapon attack rolls, but I don't see that in my log.

1691748162361.png

1691748256424.png

bah, this is bullshit

It does kinda make sense that it's just 2d4 to spell attack, given that it's Mystra's blessing and all, not Crom's Blessing

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
First time run through play Dark Urge Origin or no?

It sounds really damn cool, but I'm hearing it should be a second play through.
It will take the reigns and force you to deal with or lean into certain situations. So it's a whole other layer on top of a lot of other layers. I don't know many specifics about it since I decided to restart that playthrough pretty early, but I hear it can unlock extra powers.

If you really want to RP a character that has multiple forces vying for control inside their head, go for it. It's just going to get messy.

I like the nod to the previous games at the character creation screen when it creates a familiar pattern in the stone at your characters feet. Those little blood drops that show up are part of the lord of murder's emblem.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
OK am I missing somethring or is this ability bugged and I'm not getting shit from it?

Mystra's Blessing, from a staff you get, should be giving me 1d4 to weapon attack rolls, but I don't see that in my log.

View attachment 486170
View attachment 486171

bah, this is bullshit

It does kinda make sense that it's just 2d4 to spell attack, given that it's Mystra's blessing and all, not Crom's Blessing
are you casting bless from that staff or just bless from her spellbook?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone running Rangers? Is Gloomstalker or Hunter actually decent? I don't want to go with the Beast Master pet class one.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone running Rangers? Is Gloomstalker or Hunter actually decent? I don't want to go with the Beast Master pet class one.
No, Ranger is by far the worst class in 5E, better off picking fighter with +2 to archery ability.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
are you casting bless from that staff or just bless from her spellbook?
both worth the same way from what I can tell. They proc both bless/mystra's blessing, and Mystra's Blessing doesn't help my barbarian unga bunga gooder.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I would go battle Master. The bonuses to champion are rather anemic with the low level cap. You are doubling your crit chance to 10% and you get some proficiency bonuses to some aility rolls most people don't get to add proficiency to but that's it.

Battle Master gives you a generous pool of 15 maneuver dice per long rest. Precision strike, maneuvering strike, evasive foot work and menacing strike are all great. Distracting strike is solid too. Couple that with the weapon attacks and you have a pretty good selection of abilities to utilize.

Hunters can be, meh, OK. Gloomstalker seems like a worse rogue. Beast master is the best ranger. Bears are actually decent distractions?

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, Ranger is by far the worst class in 5E, better off picking fighter with +2 to archery ability.

Damn really? I have been using astarion as the ranger with a bow spec. Mainly to just have another ranged. Keeping my melee to just one so they don't have to clump up and then get hit with all the AEs. Maybe I really should just roll the dude into a bard, be the debuffer/buffer and can just keep with double cross bows. Or just respect to a melee rogue.

Since atm I have Fighter, Cleric, Me(storm sorc/tempest cleric) and him.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Played a little single player to learn what I could and then played multi with some friends. The content and detail for this game is crazy.

I felt like a tard jumping to level 4 to play with the friends so I think I am going to restart SP.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in a similar boat. I'm level 6.5, but I haven't finished Act 1 though I'm close.

I'm well behind most people in the thread, but I was out of town most of last week and I rarely play these massive RPGs more than once so I try to squeeze as much out of them as possible. However, BG III is going to be one of the exceptions because I want to do a Dark Urge run.

Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded I really don't know if you'll lose the item, but my guess is no.
Finished, I *think* all of Act 1 last night before logging off. Im 7 and 1/3 into it. I have a feeling Im missing something "somewhere" though, and could fully see someone getting done with chapter 1 at level 8. The only thing Im not a fan of about over leveling stuff is that its making some bosses extremely trivial. Once we got into the Pit with the Hag (my last stop in Act 1), Lae'z jumped over to her a football field away, crit on her, and then the next 3 strikes killed her. Im sure there was much more to the fight, but I think finishing the Underdark should probably be the last place on the list and not the Swamp. The stuff you get down in the Underdark just puts your characters on a whole 'nother level.