Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I really enjoyed BG3, but after finishing it I assumed I'd be ready for another play through almost immediately, but have no desire (largely due to my issues with the final ACT and ending specifically). I'll be interested to see the discourse around this game as more people start finishing it.

Through 2 ACT's, I was easily thinking this was GOTY but now I'm just anxious to dive into Starfield and have no desire to play this again. Great game though, and easily worth it's box price (and time, think I've got 80 hours in BG3).
Imagine thinking a Bethesda shitbox has potential. They peaked with Skyrim and are a total corpo husk of what they were.

The only thing that has potential to dethrone BG3 for GOTY is Armored Core 6.

• 4Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lazael confronts Shadowheart at night during camp, and you are forced to defend Shadowheart or side with Lazael. If you defend Shadowheart you enter into battle against Lazael. What is fucked up is I went to rest at camp because the battle before was a tough one and Lazael had 2 health. Well when she flipped out and entered into battle against me, she only had 2 health and I blew on her and she died lol.
i was able to tell them both to stop fighting and didn't lose any rapport with either of them. the next morning they were basically like, "we got it out of our system so don't worry about that happening again"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i was able to tell them both to stop fighting and didn't lose any rapport with either of them. the next morning they were basically like, "we got it out of our system so don't worry about that happening again"
Same.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Imagine thinking a Bethesda shitbox has potential. They peaked with Skyrim and are a total corpo husk of what they were.

Yeah, like Blizzard I give them to my own dismay too much credit for GOAT'S like Morrowind and Skyrim (when their last offerings were either dogshit FO76 or pretty mid though still fun FO4). AC6 looks tight

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm north of DFW now, had to move back last year. I'm about 2 blocks from the local ISP but they refuse to run it any further even though tons of people out here want it. I heard they finally are running it in, but if it isn't here by the end of the year I'm moving out.
I run a D&D game about once a month at a friend's house in Aubrey. You should join us if you can handle the occasional autistic screeching.

From both the group and my kids, who are 7 and 8.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I'm about out of act 2. I don't think I'll be hitting the new poe league early this go hehe

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
God dammit, I'm fairly far into the end of Act 2 and my main character can't fucking talk to anyone including my party. Apparently this bug has been in since early release. I've tried all the "fixes" I've seen on the net other than reloading a few hours before it fucking happened.

Anyone have this happen to them and fix it?

Yeah, going back 3 hours fixes it. As someone with limited play time this angers me greatly.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

I think Starfield has potential to be fun but only long after release.

A modded Starfield Special Edition in 2030 will be great.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think Starfield has potential to be fun but only long after release.

A modded Starfield Special Edition in 2030 will be great.
Maybe they can re-re-re-re-release it like Skyrim!

• 1Pathetic

j00t

God dammit, I'm fairly far into the end of Act 2 and my main character can't fucking talk to anyone including my party. Apparently this bug has been in since early release. I've tried all the "fixes" I've seen on the net other than reloading a few hours before it fucking happened.

Anyone have this happen to them and fix it?

Yeah, going back 3 hours fixes it. As someone with limited play time this angers me greatly.
the only bug i've had (and i've had it a few times) is sometimes when selecting someone else in my party their ui is completely missing with just "space bar to skip" showing up at the bottom. when it happens it's just the one character and switching to someone else brings their ui up, but the bugged out character won't have one. saving and reloading has always fixed it.

oh, i also had one in the goblin camp where shadowheart just totally bugged out. she'd be following along but phased out all weird and when i selected her the screen turned into some cracked out rave. but then selecting someone else the screen would be fine and she'd phase back into the shadow realm of jank. saving and reloading fixed that as well.

other than that i've had extremely minor visual bugs with corpses being stretched out all thin and angular, but it's really been a smooth experience for me. though, i'm still chugging along in act 1, so i expect that to be the least buggy part

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive had no bugs with ui or anything but the fucking game just crashes, crashes, and crashes some more.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Haven't had a single crash but losing 3 hours fucking blows, not worth wasting more time trying to fix it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Neat, another bug, stuck in conversation trying to change zones. Tried reloading, using a different character, same results. Wonder if this latest patch they rolled back got fucked up.

edit - lol wtf, now I tried to talk to Shadowheart in camp and the same dialogue bug pops up. Only thing I can do is reload.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Neat, another bug, stuck in conversation trying to change zones. Tried reloading, using a different character, same results. Wonder if this latest patch they rolled back got fucked up.

edit - lol wtf, now I tried to talk to Shadowheart in camp and the same dialogue bug pops up. Only thing I can do is reload.

Are you using any mods?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Are you using any mods?
No. I was only reloading the saves though, so for the fuck of it I quit out completely and the dialogue on that save started working again.

Loaded up the 3 hour later save just to check and that one was still bugged.

Oh well I've caught up to where I was just about.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Speaking of bugs, on second playthrough Astarion got stuck somewhere and I didn’t notice and I suddenly was having weird interactions with NPCs and different reactions from party members. I look at my character sheet and my name is Astarion…the fuck? The fix was going to camp, talking to Astarion who thought I was Wyl, then talking to Wyl finally fixed my name and back on track.

Dark Urge origin just got really interesting, can’t wait to see what my deal is.

• 2Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I think I fixed my crash problem, too soon to tell yet but I turned off vsync completely and have not had one yet. Some dude put out a video saying it fixed his shit so I tried it. Played for like 3-4 hours with no crash. Here is to hoping!

Fadaar

That guy

AC6 is bound to be amazing but I don't see how it could be GOTY over this

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is amazing then. I was so wrong.

The fact that I didnt have to kill Lazael makes me more glad I did. Incredible. I had to kill Wyl too for siding with and banging Minthara.

Maybe that could of went differently as well? Im playing as an ugly, high intimidation low charisma orc fighter.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game is amazing then. I was so wrong.

The fact that I didnt have to kill Lazael makes me more glad I did. Incredible. I had to kill Wyl too for siding with and banging Minthara.

Maybe that could of went differently as well? Im playing as an ugly, high intimidation low charisma orc fighter.
I think there is a way to have Wyle and Minthara at the same time, but Minthara and a different follower are mutually exclusive.

For keeping Wyle with Minthara: I think if you convince the Teiflings to leave before you attack the Druid's grove with Minthara, he will stick around.