Bates Motel

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
2cxoT1dt3ZpaHNdiMKKWczhJe1c.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Bates Motel[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-03-18[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A "contemporary prequel" to the 1960 film Psycho, depicting the life of Norman Bates and his mother Norma prior to the events portrayed in Hitchcock's film, albeit in a different fictional town and in a modern setting. The series begins after the death of Norma's husband, when she purchases a motel located in a coastal Oregon town so she and Norman can start a new life.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

May just have to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
A mother/son incestuous relationship with Vera Farmiga starring as the mother? I'm at half mast already.

Seriously though, this looks promising. Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
WTB a CW/A&E crossover where a young Carrie Bradshaw goes on a road trip with her girlfriends and spends the night at Bates Motel.

I guess origin stories aren't just reserved for super heroes nowadays.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The first 30 seconds of actual trailer there left me shrugging but the other 2 minutes got me amped. Also surprised I haven't heard of it at all yet it premieres in a week.

Enob

Yeah, watched it about a week ago on sneak preview on demand and forgot to post about it. Was definitely interesting although first episode was clearly a lot of setup. I'm excited to see where they're going to take the drama. The only thing that annoys me is that EVERY DAMN TIME they say Norman's name it has to be "Norman Bates" the full name. I mean with such an iconic character with a "normal" name the public's known him as his full name for the last 50 years but it almost breaks immersion.

I like how they're subtly developing Norman's women issues. Like he clearly thinks that high school chick is into him but it looked like she might have a boyfriend and just being nice. The counselor touching his hand to console him but he reads more into it and freaks out. And of course the whole mother issues.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I got around to watching this and thought it was pretty interesting. i will definitely tune in again.

the dialogue and relationship between the kids was really weird though, how many high school girls instantly sit on a boys lap 2 minutes after meeting them and are that flirtatious. I went to the wrong highschool apparently.

the book he found under the carpet was interesting and i guess that will be the recurring plot device + the sheriffs getting closer as the show progresses. I enjoyed how they made Norman "Off" but they did it very subtly, like Enob said with the hand holding and the needing his mother aspects.

as long as this show doesn't turn into the walking dead or the following im game.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
2nd episode was good, hopefully the pace that is happening currently stays steady. Lots of shit going on in their little town.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I got caught up the other day. It is not bad, not bad at all. Am I the only one who had to rewatch Norman's hallucination to see if that was his teacher or his mom?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I didn't rewatch it, but that teacher is smoking hot. It seems like Norman's problems kicked it into high gear this last episode i wish they would have maybe eased into it a little more.

overall the pacing in this show is good, stuff is happening every episode and answers are being given enough to keep me watching. i was dreading we wouldn't see anything else about the slave girl at the end of E01 until mid way through the season.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think Norman has had his problems for a while. The blacking out question and the mom's reaction really stand out. The opening scene where Norman discovers his father dead, didn't he wake up and go down there and "find him?" Seems like they are setting up for a reveal that Norman killed his dad and Norma covered it up, and continues to cover up his symptoms.

But seriously, not enough incest. Get on it, A&E.

Enob

Loving this show. Every episode cranks up the tension a little bit more and Nestor Carbonell needs to be in more stuff. Some thoughts:

There's been some great character development with the brother in the last couple episodes. Went from being a mooching prick to another sympathetic character that actually has some morals in there and tries to do right by his family in his own way. Really enjoyed his bonding with Norman in this last episode and wonder how it'll play out now that he's in the know about what's going on.

I dig Norman's hallucinations. It's kind of a cheap way to keep viewers guessing and cause tension but it works really well for this show. Especially about the girl in the cop's basement. I'm pretty sure she's real but maybe not. He heard something down there when the brother was at the door but could have just been Norman making noise fighting with his hallucination. If she is real I'm sure there was signs of her and Norman's struggle and the basement window was probably still open from him booking it out of there. Real or not she wouldn't have been there either way when Norma checked on it.

Also, I've been thinking after the 2nd episode when the sick girl finds the journal she hints that she's probably into kinky BDSM stuff. Episode after that showed her sickness better (especially her respiration problems) while they were running around. This last episode introduced her father and his concern for her and a slight little tinge of warning to Norman. My prediction's that they have sex and in some auto-erotic asphyxiation Norman ends up accidentally killing her which both fucks him up even more and causes all kinds of drama with the father.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
season finale just aired. Norman is crazy (not only for this) but why is he not hooking up with oxygen tube girl, im thinking she is more attractive than the blonde. Also they killed off the smoking hot teacher i was thinking her and Norman were going to have a little thing going instead of BAM dead.

At this point Norman has got some serious serious issues and the progressive way its showed them is pretty interesting. Norma is possibly the worst mother ever and is too concerned with her own issues to raise her son(s), its been one bad decision after another for her.

if this show goes another season ill definitely keep watching.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching through Season 1. Interesting show, will keep watching until finale.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This show is twisted. The end was pretty good. Now we know why the mom treats the oldest kid like shit. That shit all clicked into his head like a snap of the fingers. lol