Battlefield V

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got some more playtime in last night, it definitely requires teamwork.

Also, why do they let the bunny hoping shit into every one of their games and then fix it later? You can strafe jump 6-8 feet right or left on a dime it seems. I also started seeing the issue levelcap mentioned last night where you'd just die, like all the bullets hit you at once.

The game has potential but it has a lot of bugs/issues currently.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged it. This is actually pretty damn good. The guns feel damn good. Like the changes they made to ammo and stuff. Vehicles aren't crazy OP.

This is better than BF1.

Hekotat

Snagged it. This is actually pretty damn good. The guns feel damn good. Like the changes they made to ammo and stuff. Vehicles aren't crazy OP.

This is better than BF1.

I'm still on the fence, just needs a few fixes to be pretty good.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok is it worth 5 bucks to check out for 10 hours? I’ll never buy it at full price since this thing will drop like a rock around Christmas time. Heko. What do you think?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm still on the fence, just needs a few fixes to be pretty good.

Like what? I like this way more than BF1. Only thing that is annoying are the snipers. Also assault is hard to kill one on one.

Haven't had the game long enough to notice major issues.

LOVE that anyone can revive.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I clicked commonly answered questions for EA access. It said “for the price of a pricey coffee or two large pizzas for the year you can have EA access”.

Clicked off and started craving pizza.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Like what? I like this way more than BF1. Only thing that is annoying are the snipers. Also assault is hard to kill one on one.

Haven't had the game long enough to notice major issues.

LOVE that anyone can revive.

Just the ability to bunny hop in the complete opposite direction without slowing down and the issue with all bullet damage hitting you at once.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just the ability to bunny hop in the complete opposite direction without slowing down and the issue with all bullet damage hitting you at once.

Well...damn.

giphy (1).gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another thread said the game might be on a reasonably large sale for black friday/monday?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I tried the trial.

I’ll wait for a sale.

Tell you what though they sure nail the audio in these games. Have about 7 hours left on the trial in case I want to play more multiplayer.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Christ my FPS skills suck now. PLUS I hate learning maps again. Wish I could get a server with just a 1 static map!

Hekotat

Christ my FPS skills suck now. PLUS I hate learning maps again. Wish I could get a server with just a 1 static map!

This game is a lot more twitchy than older games and we are getting old, lol.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a key for this i would sell to a bro for a discount. Let me know

Edit: is gone

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No shit man. I loved being able to go to servers and play one map over and over back in the day. Although I though BF had dedicated player run servers so shouldn't you be able to find "map name" 24/7 or whatever?

Hekotat

Okay, I was getting really frustrated with this game because I couldn't kill anyone and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I just recently figured it out, the damn mouse wasn't as responsive as it should have been, so I went through some menus and turned off the controller aim assist options and a few other options I can't quite remember. I then turned off windows 10 optimizations and that seemed to have done the trick.

Just that change alone made the game extremely enjoyable and I was able to kill people again. I also discovered specializations for each weapon that give huge buffs to the weapon you are using, this also made a positive change.

The game has gone from a not worth it to a must buy (Grudgingly). I still wouldn't pay full price for it out of principal, but it will definitely be worth it once they iron out the TTD bug and a few other annoying things.

Brahma Brahma if you're having issues just hit me up and I'll tell you what I changed to make things much better. Then we can squad up and kick some ass.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I sniped 5 guys in the head and hit for 98 damage. Yeah.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Okay, I was getting really frustrated with this game because I couldn't kill anyone and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I just recently figured it out, the damn mouse wasn't as responsive as it should have been, so I went through some menus and turned off the controller aim assist options and a few other options I can't quite remember. I then turned off windows 10 optimizations and that seemed to have done the trick.

Just that change alone made the game extremely enjoyable and I was able to kill people again. I also discovered specializations for each weapon that give huge buffs to the weapon you are using, this also made a positive change.

The game has gone from a not worth it to a must buy (Grudgingly). I still wouldn't pay full price for it out of principal, but it will definitely be worth it once they iron out the TTD bug and a few other annoying things.

Brahma Brahma if you're having issues just hit me up and I'll tell you what I changed to make things much better. Then we can squad up and kick some ass.

Having trouble? My K/D is like .15

What you change?

Hekotat

Having trouble? My K/D is like .15

What you change?

Sluggish mouse fix

1. First, navigate to the BF.exe in the install folder. Right click > Properties > Compatibility and check "Disable full screen optimizations" (I've had this fuck with the mouse in several games recently).

MBuwlad.jpg

2. Launch the game and go to the options page. Navigate to the following.
Gameplay > Advanced

Disable Aim Assist Auto Rotation and Slowdown. I know they say for controller only but it somehow affected my mouse movement.

9PpQZqU.jpg

3. Navigate to Video > Advanced

Disable Future Frame Rendering

c71mIjm.jpg

Fire up and whip some ass, you should be able to tell a very big difference in how your mouse/gunplay feels.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users