Battlestar Cygnus (Battlestar Prequel Series) - Cinemax

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I loved the 2003 reboot and was kind of hyped when I first heard about it. They haven't done much advertising, so I completely forgot about it until I saw the first premiere last week.

Talk about amazing. This show definitely has the vibe of the reboot, seems to have great potential in regards to potential routes for the story, the acting seems pretty top notch, and we're desperately in need of a good space drama. Production values are top notch too, but it seems like they're relying on word of mouth to let it go viral. I don't recall ever seeing a single commercial for it.

Season 1 is 8 episodes.

I don't know how much Cylons will play a part into the story, but the plot revolves around an independence/succession movement that threatens to tear the 12 colonies apart, but the Caprians want to keep it together using fear of the Cylons to supress the independence movements. Looks like it goes into full fledged Civil War.

One of the best pilots I've seen though. I really, really can't wait for next week.

Did anyone get a bad vibe from the Commodore's daughter? She definitely has some ulterior motives and I see her fucking over her father and possibly helping the rebels by killing her old man. [/spoilers]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
are you imagining a TV show that doesn't exist? Are you from a parallel universe?

• 1Like

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys really haven't seen this? Go to On Demand under Cinemax and look under HD > TV Series > BattleStar Cygnus. It's the name of another Battlestar that's the setting of this series.

Juvarisx

Florida
I loved the 2003 reboot and was kind of hyped when I first heard about it. They haven't done much advertising, so I completely forgot about it until I saw the first premiere last week.

Talk about amazing. This show definitely has the vibe of the reboot, seems to have great potential in regards to potential routes for the story, the acting seems pretty top notch, and we're desperately in need of a good space drama. Production values are top notch too, but it seems like they're relying on word of mouth to let it go viral. I don't recall ever seeing a single commercial for it.

Season 1 is 8 episodes.

I don't know how much Cylons will play a part into the story, but the plot revolves around an independence/succession movement that threatens to tear the 12 colonies apart, but the Caprians want to keep it together using fear of the Cylons to supress the independence movements. Looks like it goes into full fledged Civil War.

One of the best pilots I've seen though. I really, really can't wait for next week.

Did anyone get a bad vibe from the Commodore's daughter? She definitely has some ulterior motives and I see her fucking over her father and possibly helping the rebels by killing her old man. [/spoilers]

wAmPLid.gif

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys really haven't seen this? Go to On Demand under Cinemax and look under HD > TV Series > BattleStar Cygnus. It's the name of another Battlestar that's the setting of this series.

Jackass. I was getting excited too.