Best Covers

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My favorite cover of the past year or so. Force Publique doing "today" of Smashing Pumpkins. Type of music is called Darkwave. Checked out some other stuff from this band and genre, at best its a cool "immature" sound, that is much less appealing without the terrific source material.

Boston band Bad Rabbits doing Smashing Pumpkins "1979" something of a Modern Rock take. Rabbits original material msotly serves to show you how good of a song "1979" is and how a meh band can sound great using a top-notch song.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently rediscovered The Protomen (Rather dark, Mega Man-inspired concept albums? Sure, I'm down.), and was very pleased to see that they'd released a recording of one of their Queen tribute shows. I was even more pleased when I actually started listening to it.

I also ran across this a few days ago:

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider

On the topic of guitar covers this guy has them nailed tons of movie/TV/Game covers adapted to metal. His entire video library on Youtube has some excellent stuff.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was looking for a version of this on Youtube. This Video made me really emotional for some reason.