Better Call Saul

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
after 2 months of cape shows, Stranger Things, Obi-Wan, etc its so bizarre to return back to an amazing show with adults making reasonable informed choices

yeah a bit surprising the Lalo plot is resolved so quick, it was super sad to see Howard buried next to Lalo. Re-RIP a great character. Mike's sad look was also great.

I like how Mike is portrayed as super smart, way smarter than most criminals. But Lalo is 2 steps ahead of even him. But then even abovve Lalo, Gus Fring is operating on another level. Which begs the question, was Walter White smarter than Gus Fring or was he just a lucky ass motherfucker.

Big ups to Lyle, being the opener and closer for 2 shifts in a row. Promote the man Mr. Fring, he has management potential.

They're all top tier, and get beat by their own emotions.

Mike pulled security from other places to focus them on his family.

Gus's hatred of Hector blinded him.

Lalo's hatred and need for revenge of Gus did the same.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Well he definitely has a type...
1657742613017.png

1657742644731.png
1657742664488.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob

Kim also was nominated, 7 noms total I believe for season 6 part 1. Unfortunately Moon Knight, Squid Game, and Euphoria have more emmy noms than Better Call Saul so ... thats fucked up.

Jimmy and Kim definitely should win, those two have really been the heart of the show for a while now.

Bob Odenkirk's heart attack apparently occurred in the first scene of episode 8, where Lalo has them sitting down while going over his plan. Scene was being filmed, heart attack, 2 month break (other character scenes filmed), then reshot with Bob and edited to fit seamlessly with what was shot previous. Doubt you could tell watching it though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Euphoria is degenerate gay shit.

Tell me you've.....It's a premium HBO series with one previous best actor emmy win for Zendaya.

It absolutely deserves to be considered alongside the likes of Succession.

I didn't watch any of it until earlier this year when I did both seasons in a week. I also thought it was just teen drama nonsense but it's far from it.

Only people who have never seen it would mention it in the same breath as fking Moon Knight, but that's just spronk spronk being spronk spronk

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when Howard's car gets found and she has to attend his funeral/memorial while pretending she has no idea what happened to him. then knowing she helped destroy his name which led to his death, its going to destroy her too. either she kills herself or leaves law entirely and goes into seclusion. i think she goes into seclusion so Jimmy has no idea what happened to her later on, so if she eventually decides to kill herself he never knows. at this point, Saul is a monster if he goes on like business as usual, but even he would lose his shit if he knew it killed the woman he loves. a breakup is less traumatic.

Lalo assumed this would all work out the way he thought, but there was a very real possibility Kim left and kept on going instead of following his instructions, pretty sure thats what Jimmy wanted her to do. Lalo assumed that he could break into the laundry and not be detected. he also assumed Gus would go there with a limited number of men. he assumed a lot of shit that should have gone differently especially with his timetable of things that were supposed to happen when they happened in a certain order. sketchy.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Tell me you've.....It's a premium HBO series with one previous best actor emmy win for Zendaya.

It absolutely deserves to be considered alongside the likes of Succession.

I didn't watch any of it until earlier this year when I did both seasons in a week. I also thought it was just teen drama nonsense but it's far from it.

Only people who have never seen it would mention it in the same breath as fking Moon Knight, but that's just spronk spronk being spronk spronk

He didn't say it was teen drama nonsense, he said it was degenerate gay shit. Which it is.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
when Howard's car gets found and she has to attend his funeral/memorial while pretending she has no idea what happened to him. then knowing she helped destroy his name which led to his death, its going to destroy her too. either she kills herself or leaves law entirely and goes into seclusion. i think she goes into seclusion so Jimmy has no idea what happened to her later on, so if she eventually decides to kill herself he never knows. at this point, Saul is a monster if he goes on like business as usual, but even he would lose his shit if he knew it killed the woman he loves. a breakup is less traumatic.

Lalo assumed this would all work out the way he thought, but there was a very real possibility Kim left and kept on going instead of following his instructions, pretty sure thats what Jimmy wanted her to do. Lalo assumed that he could break into the laundry and not be detected. he also assumed Gus would go there with a limited number of men. he assumed a lot of shit that should have gone differently especially with his timetable of things that were supposed to happen when they happened in a certain order. sketchy.
He didn't assume Gus would go there. He even said it was a nice surprise. He just wanted to get evidence to bring back to Don Eladio so the whole cartel would go after Gus.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jimmy never really dealt with Chuck's death who he was a root cause for

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
anti climatic exit for Kim, but anything more extreme eg her death would have been hard to reconcile with BB Saul

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it was perfect (and made a lot of character sense). So many other shows would have really dragged it out and made it a long melodramatic arc, but this one just hits you with it and then leaves you with that sour after taste of Saul's life without her.

spronk

FPS noob
Goddamn what an episode. That final scene with Kim and Jimmy... jesus wept they were acting their asses off. "I love you too... but so what?"

why did Gus Fring walk away from the waiter? He was about to get his dick sucked. No pleasure until Don Eladio is dead? Seeing Eladio again was awesome, his two scenes in the original Breaking Bad are still some of my favorites.

I wonder if we'll see Kim again. Seeing Jimmy in peak BB form was amazing, I think thats the first time we ever saw him living in his Roman mansion. The writing on this show, goddamn. I need to rewatch Breaking Bad again, stat.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Goddamn what an episode. That final scene with Kim and Jimmy... jesus wept they were acting their asses off. "I love you too... but so what?"

why did Gus Fring walk away from the waiter? He was about to get his dick sucked. No pleasure until Don Eladio is dead? Seeing Eladio again was awesome, his two scenes in the original Breaking Bad are still some of my favorites.

I wonder if we'll see Kim again. Seeing Jimmy in peak BB form was amazing, I think thats the first time we ever saw him living in his Roman mansion. The writing on this show, goddamn. I need to rewatch Breaking Bad again, stat.

Im guessing we get the final episode focusing on Gene in Nebraska filmed in black and white and we will see Kim again. Im super stoaked we are getting 3-4 prime BB Saul episodes, thats not something I expected them to do and its fucking great

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think it was perfect (and made a lot of character sense). So many other shows would have really dragged it out and made it a long melodramatic arc, but this one just hits you with it and then leaves you with that sour after taste of Saul's life without her.

yeah it was well done. My point was, of all the ways she could have gone out and never be referenced in BB, then walking away was the least explosive option

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah it was well done. My point was, of all the ways she could have gone out and never be referenced in BB, then walking away was the least explosive option

I agree, seemed like the quickest cleanest way possible and was expecting something a bit deeper.

Her line about how Hamlin's wife must have seen the signs, knowing what Hamlin told them about being on the outs with her before he died, was some cold hearted shit.