Bill Gates Says AI Will Be As Dangerous as Nukes

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm with Bill Gates on this. I don't want any non organics living on this planet as intelligent as we are. Fuck you Skynet!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Of course the headline boils down a well-reasoned opinion to fear mongering crap. Basically, Bill says artificial intelligence is a powerful tool and we should be careful how we utilize it.

Duh?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Of course the headline boils down a well-reasoned opinion to fear mongering crap. Basically, Bill says artificial intelligence is a powerful tool and we should be careful how we utilize it.

Duh?
Actually, Gates is quoted as agreeing that robots might be more dangerous as nukes, it wasn't just the headline.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would rather try to reason with a homicidal robot than a homicidal religious zealot.

Cybsled

What if the super weapon has A.I. like the one in the Doctor Who 50th special, where the weapon basically judges the user and has some morality? ;P

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wrong. One uses logic and the other has the brain of potato.
Right, one you can manipulate and the other has a set of instructions that are already programmed to be homicidal as you said. Have you not watched or read a single robot movie?

You are the last person to talk about logic.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right, one you can manipulate and the other has a set of instructions that are already programmed to be homicidal as you said. Have you not watched or read a single robot movie?

You are the last person to talk about logic.
Not one post in this thread by Mist has made any sense. This thread isn't about religious zealots, if you want to discuss that, you should start a thread about them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Will take fundamental changes in computing for AI to be dangerous in that manner. It's possible in the next decade we'll probably see some very insidious malware that have complex ways to resist detection and removal and find creative or varied attack vectors. Right now a lot of viruses exploit very specific loopholes in systems.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not one post in this thread by Mist has made any sense. This thread isn't about religious zealots, if you want to discuss that, you should start a thread about them.
I am talking about AI logic versus that of a real person. Which one would be more moldable. It would never be the AI.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I am talking about AI logic versus that of a real person. Which one would be more moldable. It would never be the AI.
AI could be as moldable or more moldable than a human. Of course, you probably don't think AI is possible because "souls".