Biomutant (Open World RPG, 5/25)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
one of the first instances where we see a power differential between series X and PS5. On PS5 the game will render at 1080 60 fps and output in 4k. On Series X it will render at 4k 60 fps.
There's been plenty of power differential examples--Control, RE8, and anything else that makes heavy use of RT where the PS5 just cannot keep up. I'm expecting to see a rather extreme example of it happening when Metro Exodus RT Edition hits consoles next month, which is annoying since I own that game on PS and Xbox removed it from Game Pass a while back. :/

This one isn't a power differential really, as you pointed out it's more of a Sony-is-retarded thing because of how poorly designed their BC and cross-gen (Dumbfuck Delivery? Based on my experience getting the PS5 version of Hitman 3 installed from a PS4 physical copy, that's probably being way too kind.) systems are. I don't see there being anything special about this game that would prevent the PS5 hardware from running it at 4K60 if Sony hadn't screwed up.

And I can't imagine a worse genre of game to watch someone else play. That's almost as weird as being an actual furry.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I'm super hyped for this. That may not live long once I have to engage with the gameplay systems as they look fun in the videos but weird, it may be just me; I'll have to see how they fit me personally but I am excited to begin that journey.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Mercenary class is for Pre-orders only, or has to be paid for after purchasing the game. Good start, bad taste in the mouth already, I'll wait for a sale.

Timestamped

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sigh, that’s quite disappointing. Definitely not buying now, that is one step to far for me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Day 1 DLC thats free with a preorder. Seems like pretty small potatoes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Day 1 DLC thats free with a preorder. Seems like pretty small potatoes.
Subscription services like EA Play Pro often don't give preorder DLC so it could be an issue for people who play it there and really want to go melee. I highly doubt it's a game I'd play more than once and Deadeye looks like the no-brainer choice for a one-and-done on the hardest difficulty anyway, so I can live without Merc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Since EA is involved in this, I wouldn't worry about day 1 DLC.

If the game is a hit, they'll release stronger (payed DLC) characters soon.

Jozu

Fuck it I pre ordered.

This shit looks refreshing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Anyone subbing to EA Play Pro and still concerned about the Merc class DLC, this should clear it up:

merc.png

That's with an active EA Play Pro sub and Biomutant added to library. Sadly there's no preload, but from what I saw on reddit there's no preload anywhere for whatever reason. Soundtrack DLC is unlocked too, if anyone cares.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Since EA is involved in this, I wouldn't worry about day 1 DLC.

If the game is a hit, they'll release stronger (payed DLC) characters soon.
THQ is the publisher, EA just paid to get it on their service, strange as that might seem. Guess it's not really different from Outriders randomly getting added to Xbox Game Pass though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What is EA Play Pro?
the deluxe version of an ea play subscription i assume. lets you play stuff thats new rather than having to wait until its at least a year old (or whatever the cutoff for standard ea play is)

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, you pay to play old EA games and pay more to play new EA new games?

Woof.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm thinking it is EA's way of keeping the newest games off of gamepass ultimate

Vorph

EA Play is kind of like Game Pass (as well as being part of Game Pass now).

EA Play Pro is like Ubisoft+. Same price, same sort of catalog that includes all their new games (and some 3rd party in EA's case), and they're both PC-only.

$15 is a good deal imo, considering I'll probably beat Biomutant in a week or less and the sub also includes Mass Effect LE and since I'm only interested in replaying ME1 that makes it a bit more palatable to get two games I'd never pay full price for.