Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt lucky to get the 3 jalapeno's that I do have, considering all the problems BFL had getting them out the door. While their 600gh/s card sounds good, I'm just really leery of giving them any more money. But then I'm also considering buying from blackarrow, so I might just be a sucker

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't a preorder, it was a "SHIPPING IMMEDIATELY" order.

I did it because I knew I could get them here and flip them in Europe for a profit just because 10% on the top would be cheaper than them paying international shipping, customs, and VAT on top of all that.

These Euros lap that shit up so I knew I had a safety net..... every day that goes by though ..... fuck!
Damn, good luck in getting your product!

Wuwei_sl

shitlord
The banks say the wire transfer went through.

"BFL_Emily: We don't see the transfer yet, please be patient we will change the status of your order when we have received payment."
Have you tried sending BFL your wire transfer receipt? And, if 'Emily' isn't helpful, ask to speak with a manager.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Have you tried sending BFL your wire transfer receipt? And, if 'Emily' isn't helpful, ask to speak with a manager.
LOL there is no 'manager' to speak with. Probably the worst customer service on the planet. Now that I have had a bad experience with them I am doing some extensive research about them and talk about abysmal people.

They seriously should be in jail.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be fair that seems to describe the archetype I'd expect any "business" founded on the premise of cryptocurrency that could change drastically overnight to fit though.

They do sound the exception rather than the rule so far from what I've seen with my baby toe in the pool though. Lots of legit people in a system you'd expect lots of folks like them.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
You could've just spent that money buying bitcoins directly and be up a good deal already. Buying mining equipment at this point is a losing game even if you get free* electricity.

*It's kind of scummy to steal from the taxpayers to pad your own pockets. I'm actually pretty glad karma kicked you in the ass for it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You could've just spent that money buying bitcoins directly and be up a good deal already. Buying mining equipment at this point is a losing game even if you get free* electricity.

*It's kind of scummy to steal from the taxpayers to pad your own pockets. I'm actually pretty glad karma kicked you in the ass for it.
Steal from the taxpayers? What are you talking about?

"Free" electricity is part of my GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAY, I actually spend CONSIDERABLY less than my allotment when I could spend immensely more.

I get less pay because I get utilities paid for instead.

Fuck you.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
I'm sure that Uncle Sam had in mind providing you with an exorbitant amount of electricity so you could try, and fail, to pad your own pockets mining bitcoins. Following your logic, a government worker with a take home car should be able to deliver pizzas with it. But that's illegal and against employment policy for federal workers, not to mention unethical.

TLDR; You're unethical scum and you should feel bad.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm sure that Uncle Sam had in mind providing you with an exorbitant amount of electricity so you could try, and fail, to pad your own pockets mining bitcoins. Following your logic, a government worker with a take home car should be able to deliver pizzas with it. But that's illegal and against employment policy for federal workers, not to mention unethical.

TLDR; You're unethical scum and you should feel bad.
Exorbitant electricity .... lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

What am I allowed to run in your opinion? Can I run my gaming PC? It is equal to 5 of these and I run that 24/7. So that is over half of the rigs I bought. My fish tank? Each Metal Halide is 250W, I have two.

So yeah these a.) aren't pulling insane power b.) fuck you for knowing nothing about anything.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it'd be scummy if it was an exorbitant amount of electricity and there was no cap. But you're probably only pulling 500watts right?

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Oh so only a little theft is ok, when it's from the taxpayers? What's the cut off between acceptable theft and unacceptable?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah it'd be scummy if it was an exorbitant amount of electricity and there was no cap. But you're probably only pulling 500watts right?
It might be at that point if I didn't have a cap on my utilities as part of my pay ... you know what pay is right?

"Free" electricity is because I don't have to worry about it for such a low power draw since it won't put me over any cap any time soon. I don't have to calculate that MINISCULE amount into my profits.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess there is a question of whether or not part of the agreement is that you can't generate any income off the electricity. Though the only things I can think of (Besides running a business out of your residence, lol) would be growing weed for selling (hydroponics take a ton of electricity) or mining bitcoins.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I guess there is a question of whether or not part of the agreement is that you can't generate any income off the electricity. Though the only things I can think of (Besides running a business out of your residence, lol) would be growing weed for selling (hydroponics take a ton of electricity) or mining bitcoins.
Or just running more than one PC, breeding fish, owning a daycare, etc...

All acceptable things that can generate money and are hobbies a lot of the time. All 100% legal and above board.

Basically moron boy Gadrel thought I was needing enough power that you could see it from space ....

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm starting the TEAfF party now after this shocking revelation... Taxed to death so a_skeleton_03 can have an expensive fish tank to feed his lazy cats...

This has gone too far sir.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
It might be at that point if I didn't have a cap on my utilities as part of my pay ... you know what pay is right?

"Free" electricity is because I don't have to worry about it for such a low power draw since it won't put me over any cap any time soon. I don't have to calculate that MINISCULE amount into my profits.
Yes, I know what "pay" is, but this isn't "pay." It's a "benefit," also known as non-cash compensation, and there is a big difference. Pay can be used in any way you see fit, since it's money, after all. But benefits often come with strings attached as to how they are used. One such string, especially for government benefits such as take-home vehicles and paid utilities, is that you may not use them in or for outside employment.

Your electricity benefit is one such. Just like you wouldn't be allowed to use a government issued vehicle to deliver pizzas or undertake personal business, you can't use your utility benefit to enrich yourself. I find it troubling that you can't see the difference between pay or benefits, or the difference between using a utility benefit for its intended use to offset living expenses (fishtank or whatever) and to enrich yourself (appropriate electricity to increase your net worth.)

At-home businesses, like a daycare, are a bit of a gray area. That said, they're far more above board than bitcoin mining. That's because electricity isn't the sole component of generating revenue from a daycare. Instead, labor is the biggest expense. But you are directly converting and appropriating electricity from the government to generate money. I suspect that it's at the very least a violation of whatever employment agreement you have and it's certainly unethical.

However, you obviously lack either the intelligence or moral compass to see how unethical your conduct is. Or maybe you do, and you're so selfish that you would trade your integrity for a few bitcoin mining shares.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd argue that the cost of the hardware is the biggest expense of the venture. Especially when a_skeleton_03 will never see his new shipment!