Black Desert

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
So I just pulled a 24 hour BDO marathon (like an idiot) and I think I was able to find the fun in the game again. I was getting pretty bored with my valk, they are super strong no doubt, but the PVE rotation is super boring (Spear, shield throw, shield throw, repeat) and had absolutely no bearing on the skills that are good in pvp (hence why I was such dogshit).

So over the session I leveled a zerker to 21 first. They are pretty fun and the animations are just awesome, but the class felt a little flat for me. The mobility didnt feel much better than valks at that level (I understand it gets better) so on a whim I decided to roll a warrior. Holy fucking shit is warrior fun as hell. Granted I was rolling with a +11 wep and +7-8 Agerian but the core gameplay on warrior is great.

I'm level 36 now and I'm starting to get high enough that my gear, while still op, isnt completely carrying anymore and I'm starting to see the potential lack of dps that people on the forums were bitching about. However zipping around between packs of mobs and smashing them down without ever stopping my movement is a far cry from the slow plodding valk grind. I get the Warriors best grinding skill next level so I'm looking forward to being able to grind that much better.

Warrior is by far the most fun I've had in BDO grinding, I just hope that the shortcomings that seem to be bothering others wont hamper what is a super fucking cool playstyle.
Zerker for me was the class that drew me to the game as a spiritual successor to my dual wield troll warrior in vanilla, that I wanted to love, and ultimately found boring (at first.) After leveling it to 20 or so as my first character with no fucking idea what I was doing (picking tons of abilities, never ranking shit up properly or focusing on a real build - because I didn't want to googleFU the game) I shelved it and leveled 4 other classes to 25-30.

Two nights ago crying that I'm playing a 13 year old girl (still not a big mangina fan but tamers cool - will wait for ninja) I finally opened a guide, respec'd, and man, I had a blast, gained like 7 levels in a couple hours just loving it now. The key thing that was killing zerker on top of all that for me was as you said, mobility, they don't have a real closer which makes PVE boring as fuck IMO. Lumbering about between mobs. Well that changes at 26 which I found out in the guide and lava piercer is the shit. I can't speak to PVP and until I'm actually 50 I don't care. I play games for the moment anymore and right now this is really fun finally. While the guide doesn't say to get grabs, I still got Corpse Storm move because its fun to pick up an enemy and hit other enemies with it, period.

Anyway this is the guide I used -(GUIDE) Berserker Road to 50 - Berserker - The Black Desert Online

I know you are obviously a bit more knowledgeable on the game but figured I would share my experience as someone who wanted to love zerker but hated it initially compared to everything else.

TLDR; I had to l2p BDO, zerker charge is @ 26.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Playable Dark Elves? About time! I've always been a Dark Elf so looking forward to this... (it's the little things)
Probably be a class specific race I'm assuming, and female only. Which I know for most is cool. Looks like maybe a dark knight type? Hard to tell from the picture. Cool addition either way.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Sometimes I want to strap on a suicide vest and detonate it when I summon the black spirit. That voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Does this game pick up in the higher levels? I've been messing around with a few classes to 15 or so and I've yet to become hooked. The game is undoubtedly interesting with a satisfying "open world" feel. The combat is engaging as well for the most part. However, the quests are incredibly cringeworthy and are turning me away from the game. I'd rather there be no quests or very few (unless they get better later). Also, the game is overwhelming at the outset, although this isn't necessarily a negative quality.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Probably be a class specific race I'm assuming, and female only. Which I know for most is cool. Looks like maybe a dark knight type? Hard to tell from the picture. Cool addition either way.
The description made it sound like Dark Elf is both the race and class. It said it played like a ranger that used some magic...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sometimes I want to strap on a suicide vest and detonate it when I summon the black spirit. That voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Does this game pick up in the higher levels? I've been messing around with a few classes to 15 or so and I've yet to become hooked. The game is undoubtedly interesting with a satisfying "open world" feel. The combat is engaging as well for the most part. However, the quests are incredibly cringeworthy and are turning me away from the game. I'd rather there be no quests or very few (unless they get better later). Also, the game is overwhelming at the outset, although this isn't necessarily a negative quality.
Quests are bad in this game and it's not really intended to be a questing game. I do them all because I like the progression of contribution/energy and knowledge, but you can purely grind up using guides to find good spots if you want. That's the most efficient way to level.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Well, combat becomes a lot better at higher levels due to generally, better mob density in addition to better character skills making combat more fun. In addition pvp starts at 45, and grinding for money becomes an option starting around the same level. If those types of things interest you then yea, it gets better. As far as life skills and such, they don't change much as you level, you simply get more to work with as energy/contribution are advanced.

EDIT: Ignore quests while you level if you want, you can make up for the contribution shortage at 50 with repeatables that are a lot easier to stomach (kill 150 of a monster, etc)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This game doesn't have race selection so it will be it's own class. I think there will be dwarves and those horned deer/elf race too sometime down the line. It'll be interesting to see how fast NA catches up.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Zerker for me was the class that drew me to the game as a spiritual successor to my dual wield troll warrior in vanilla, that I wanted to love, and ultimately found boring (at first.) After leveling it to 20 or so as my first character with no fucking idea what I was doing (picking tons of abilities, never ranking shit up properly or focusing on a real build - because I didn't want to googleFU the game) I shelved it and leveled 4 other classes to 25-30.

Two nights ago crying that I'm playing a 13 year old girl (still not a big mangina fan but tamers cool - will wait for ninja) I finally opened a guide, respec'd, and man, I had a blast, gained like 7 levels in a couple hours just loving it now. The key thing that was killing zerker on top of all that for me was as you said, mobility, they don't have a real closer which makes PVE boring as fuck IMO. Lumbering about between mobs. Well that changes at 26 which I found out in the guide and lava piercer is the shit. I can't speak to PVP and until I'm actually 50 I don't care. I play games for the moment anymore and right now this is really fun finally. While the guide doesn't say to get grabs, I still got Corpse Storm move because its fun to pick up an enemy and hit other enemies with it, period.

Anyway this is the guide I used -(GUIDE) Berserker Road to 50 - Berserker - The Black Desert Online

I know you are obviously a bit more knowledgeable on the game but figured I would share my experience as someone who wanted to love zerker but hated it initially compared to everything else.

TLDR; I had to l2p BDO, zerker charge is @ 26.
Zerkers still lack in this game until their awakening comes which is sometime this summer. However zerkers suck until 48ish when you can awaken your Raging Thunder to return HPs per hit.

Also if you can afford it and can find it, make/buy a blue Infinity Extraction gem. Returns WP per hit. You basically return your WP cost on your spin if you hit at least 3 mobs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Also you should be leveling up alchemy for alchemy stones. I think I just unlocked dailies for them. Gonna give it a whirl tonight.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bought a t3 female on the market today and exchanged it with my freebie t3 horse and got a t4 male. Think i'm gonna have to spend some time taming horses to find a t3 female i can breed and go for a t5. I'm level 43 or 44 now and only have like 107 contribution, I can't connect any more nodes that I find =(.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
EDIT: Ignore quests while you level if you want, you can make up for the contribution shortage at 50 with repeatables that are a lot easier to stomach (kill 150 of a monster, etc)
Yeah, I figured. Ten plus years of WoW has trained me to complete every quest. Still learning how to detach from this OCD behavior. Definitely going to give it another try and maybe stick to one class to the soft cap.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Bought a t3 female on the market today and exchanged it with my freebie t3 horse and got a t4 male. Think i'm gonna have to spend some time taming horses to find a t3 female i can breed and go for a t5. I'm level 43 or 44 now and only have like 107 contribution, I can't connect any more nodes that I find =(.
I've been playing a month now and have not seen a single wild horse =/

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just saw my first wild horse a couple of days ago randomly. Hadn't really been looking for them at all, but I found one in the middle of nowhere, no one else around, and went back to mining rocks.

I'm creeping up on 45, been farming Giants, and I haven't been getting any Black Stone drops for a couple levels now. I have all my nodes connected for higher drop rate, and I haven't seen any except one random Black Armor Stone off a random Rock Spider on route to a quest turn in.

Bought a dog, named it Fenrir, best $10 I've ever spent. Even at level 1, I rarely have to pick up my own loot anymore, at least the way my Berzerker herd farms it seems. May want all 3 on something like a Ranger or Wiztch, but 1 seems to suit me fine.

I see PRX getting called out in chat, a lot. Mostly looks like salty losers trying to be dramafags, never a peep from anyone in PRX, stoic and suave as hell. You guys need to dish on your exploits for us casual chumps, so I can live vicariously.