Black Desert

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
RNG’d my offhand and 3/4 pieces of armor back to PRI. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if getting your hands on hard/sharps wasn’t such a pain in the ass. How and why is this bid/preorder system still a thing?

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Gettin bored lately with shit, I never checked this game but it looks like it needs a key to try it out like a trial? Can anyone hook it up for me and my daughter we have been playing AA off and on but looking for something new I guess lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Gettin bored lately with shit, I never checked this game but it looks like it needs a key to try it out like a trial? Can anyone hook it up for me and my daughter we have been playing AA off and on but looking for something new I guess lol

Check your PM(Conversation here I guess). Sent you two 7 days passes.

Molten Core Raider
Same, I have loads of 7 day passes.

Also, if you play this game sporadically and havent been on recently, make sure you swing in sometime soon, the 2 Year Anniversary event is underway and everyone got a box in the mail with a random piece of boss armor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
If anyone wants to try out the game:

US76ARE-HD3SKO3-PG8QSQL-QOL8G Unused
70LTFLT-MA46AHN-IS3E8ND-B0I2D Unused
D0J2E56-QH5EEVA-3SNAMHG-293D4 Unused
2LLMEM6-I91J69M-2RRQGS8-NQ4H0 Unused
JL86FJD-40HDJ6N-PJACN2O-HOQ19 Unused
VDH42UE-97SJA2P-NHCIBAC-72HEU Unused
HMI9MV4-K7EO0SE-M9NDTVR-BG535 Unused
FGP7GU3-M6L7ENM-7CN5MNE-LANM3 Unused
GB2B5MS-UDRUB01-O8OOBF4-ESSU Unused
MIM0ECB-GCBGHJ8-1SINQV8-9OVIO Unused
CJ9ERKA-0GGJQ9E-VTUKKCR-OMCDB Unused
H0J6MSK-72P62PK-AI64H1B-2FCON Unused

Thank you sir. I used this one: H0J6MSK-72P62PK-AI64H1B-2FCON

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The server migration should allow for better connectivity, I think, Level 3 certainly has more reach than Leaseweb. I doubt it will help as much as people hope in PvP though.

Molten Core Raider
Anyone PM me a trial key? So tired of WoW and wanting to try something new. Thanks.

You don't need a trial key anymore, I think they actually took them out. Just go to Black Desert Online and you're off and running.

If you do decide you like the game, post here again and someone will probably gift the game to you (if no one here bites, someone on the BDO Reddit definitely will). There's in game bonuses (a pet or pearls) for people who gift an account to someone who levels to at least 30.

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Basically you get 7 days free for making a BDO account. You can get 7 days more with an trial key. But Nyx is right, if you get to 30 someone will gift you the base game if you ask (they get a pet that you cannot buy in the in game store, or pearls).

I have been playing BDO for about two months now. I love the game but there are a few things you want to buy from the in game store to enjoy the game - pets for example (auto loot) and some weight.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Trying it now. Cant decide between Musa or Ninja. I like Musa but I see they eventually move to a polearm which I prefer swords. So I'm torn.

Stave

Potato del Grande
2 hours in as a Ninja. This game is definitely an asian mmo. First impressions are that the game is super cluttered. From mob density to ui to icons over npcs heads. Its also very hard to find sidequests as the tiny icon on the minimap seems hard to notice. Hard to tell wtf is going on. Super on rails too. Im level 15 now. Im not liking it so far, but will keep playing to see if it gets better or I learn it more. It looks nothing like the videos I saw so Im hoping it gets better.

• 1Worf

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
2 hours in as a Ninja. This game is definitely an asian mmo. First impressions are that the game is super cluttered. From mob density to ui to icons over npcs heads. Its also very hard to find sidequests as the tiny icon on the minimap seems hard to notice. Hard to tell wtf is going on. Super on rails too. Im level 15 now. Im not liking it so far, but will keep playing to see if it gets better or I learn it more. It looks nothing like the videos I saw so Im hoping it gets better.

It's a bit weird from the start. First off you want to turn off all the stupid notifications that keeps popping up (trade/enchant/marketplace etc) to get some peace and quiet. You want to finish the Black Spirit main quest to unlock gear enchanting (very important) and you'll get access to the fairy pet once you finish the main story up to lvl 50.

I don't like the questing, but the combat and gear system in this game is really what keeps me playing. Ninja is pretty strong 1vs1 pvp and Musa is really strong in PVE. I switched my main from a Dark Knight to a Musa just because I love grinding as one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a lot to take in at first, but getting to lvl52 as a new player is pretty mindless, so that can allow you to branch out and learn the Lifeskill systems which will help you a lot later on. Do all the quests which the Black Spirit gives you, they will take throughout the "old world" showing you various grind spots (which you'll outlvl almost immediately), and give you items (inventory space) and gear. It can get kinda tedious from 48-52 doing those quests, but you need to do them to unlock stuff like Campsites, Fairy, and a couple pieces of gear that will last you a long time (Roaring Chest / Offhand).

Play the Ninja til like 30 or so, if you don't like it, switch to Musa. The Ninja is a pretty technical class after it awakens, while the Musa is pretty much the best grinder class and its fun (if a bit boring). If you think you'll like the game, watch some guides about Worker Empires so you can get some passive income while grinding. If you're still playing after your trial is over, join a Large guild so you can get even more login bonuses (a free pet).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This game without a PVP-focused end-game and a terrible, horrible, no-good gear/enchanting system would be so much more fun.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
This game without a PVP-focused end-game and a terrible, horrible, no-good gear/enchanting system would be so much more fun.

Imagine dungeons with BDO combat.. HNNNNNNNG. It's hard to care about PvP when you lag 900% of the time through it and play Giant but can't do any Giant things because desync. Apparently they just updated to new servers but for some reason I'm sure it doesn't make a difference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
I guess I didn't realize going into this that this game is pretty much all pvp. I'm not much of a pvper so not sure if it's worth the grind for me if theres not much pve.

• 1Like