Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Succ Lahn is getting some big PvE buffs on the latest Global Lab notes. Just when I thought I was about to tag off this bitch due to her mediocre end game grind, they pull me back in...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice. Not entirely sure how big those changes are, but I've always felt Lahn was a decent grinder (although without much comparison).

Pretty excited for the currents to be gone. Going to be able to shit stomp crocs now. Maybe I'll finally get off my ass and get my blue volante cannons. Been sitting on the 50k crow coins for a while now, I just couldn't be bothered to grind sea monsters anymore.

Molten Core Raider
Ive switched off Succ Lahn back to Awakened for the past few days. Like you mentioned a few pages back, the way Twisting Nether travels through enemies is annoying, but I may just learn to deal with it, it feels like more work to kill things with Awakened.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nice. Not entirely sure how big those changes are, but I've always felt Lahn was a decent grinder (although without much comparison).
Lahn is really good at low (Centaurs, Polly, Potion spots, etc.) and midgame spots (Star's End, Orcs, Bloody Monestary, etc.) - probably top 8-10 or so. So, I think she gets the automatic assumption that she's great everywhere.

But she falls off massively at the "endgame" areas like Trolls, Hexe, Ash Forest, etc. And while I wouldn't normally care all that much since the silver/hour difference between a place like Hexe and Orcs isn't that huge, it really makes me nervous for all the Dekia Lantern spots, the new Southern Mediah region coming, etc.

They basically buffed her entire PVE combo though, outside of Blooming Nether (rmb + lmb) and Fatal Attraction (shift + lmb). They're also giving Salp'uri a -20 DP debuff vs. the -15 it currently has. And while the actual buffed numbers aren't a massive increase, it should help her to maybe climb back in that top 10ish tier at end-game, rather than the 15-16ish she's at now. It might even help Crescent Barrage get use into our rotation, rather than where it is currently and as basically just an "oh shit" heal.
Pretty excited for the currents to be gone. Going to be able to shit stomp crocs now. Maybe I'll finally get off my ass and get my blue volante cannons. Been sitting on the 50k crow coins for a while now, I just couldn't be bothered to grind sea monsters anymore.
Yeah, I'm so fucking thankful for this. I don't do boat content very often and half the reason is because the way the currents/wind system is makes it painfully fucking slow sometimes.
Ive switched off Succ Lahn back to Awakened for the past few days. Like you mentioned a few pages back, the way Twisting Nether travels through enemies is annoying, but I may just learn to deal with it, it feels like more work to kill things with Awakened.
I think Awakened is always going to be the "red-headed" step child because of her ranged grab. I think that PA is nervous about the amount of crying that would happen as a result of buffing Awakened Lahn.

Molten Core Raider
I like the feel of the awakened attacks and combos more than succession, but it's more work and Im lazy. Ive also learned I need to be more indepth with the attacks and abilities and what they can do/offer buff and protection wise cause the Black Shrine stuff is pounding me pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the feel of the awakened attacks and combos more than succession, but it's more work and Im lazy. Ive also learned I need to be more indepth with the attacks and abilities and what they can do/offer buff and protection wise cause the Black Shrine stuff is pounding me pretty good.
Yeah, frontal guards are super important for Black Shrine and a lot of Lahn's frontals are skills that aren't really used in your "typical" combo, aside from Cymbidium.

There are also points where you need to use stiffens and shit too.

Molten Core Raider
Think i may tag the Nova back with the Lahn and try to run the shrine with her. Pretty sure the Nova has an easier time of things

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't gotten too into the shrines. I do my 5 easy bosses and done. Mostly seems to be how many of those orbs you have invested in the aura of the boss you're doing. Knowing the mechanics for some(like that imoogi one is just crazy), and yeah having a FG for some of the huge AEs or room wide stuff.

I basically just do Bari 3 times up to level 3. Then do the legion twice. Not trying to climb any leader boards.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've done the first three levels of all but Imoogi, and 4 on a couple. But I stopped caring and now I'm just running easy ones. The reality is the rng is too shit for me to spend time smashing my head against the wall with those bosses for negligible rewards.

Molten Core Raider
I was wanting to work toward that Girin crystal, so Ive been messing with the pig guy but he just flat wrecks me, but granted, I do not play the game properly. Typically for grinding i know the primary order of buttons to push to make things dead and just do that over and over. When it comes to actually countering mechanics and knowing which of my skills provide which buffs or do certain things, im like "err....nope"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, they're poorly designed bosses. "Instant wipe" mechanics are almost always just lazy. And in this type of game they're just retarded.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, none of the bosses really have true "one-shot" mechanics. You can typically recover on most shit, unless you're running C7 with like 200 DP or something weird like C5 with only 4 orbs or something.

That said, C7 is way too sweaty for the reward. I typically clear Bari and Legion at 6 (for the bonus chance at Duo Debo) and then random ones like Pig and Sangoon at C5. Ended up getting the debo "fragment" this last reward bundle.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

What is the best way to get the sea coins without mass time waste? Do you pre position one boat at ancado harbor with the tier 5 matts or just sail back and forth from LLiya

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have a volante already and do Hark runs and Margoria runs.

Sailies are easy because you don't have to do much, but they're only certain times (think 4 or 5 people run em).
The Pit of the Undying is solid for a few hundred with minimal effort.
And then warhero'ing on other guild's Khan's runs is pretty solid for about 1k a pop (I'm in Masterbait and we run two Khan's every other Sunday).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone tried out the buffed Gahaz? On paper it should earn more than Centaurs for the same amount of Agris spent, but I've never really grinded there. It got the respawn treatment, and trash value is now 20k, with an Agris point value of 2 per kill. So, that is like 600m per 20k agris spent. Not sure there is anything better.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone tried out the buffed Gahaz? On paper it should earn more than Centaurs for the same amount of Agris spent, but I've never really grinded there. It got the respawn treatment, and trash value is now 20k, with an Agris point value of 2 per kill. So, that is like 600m per 20k agris spent. Not sure there is anything better.
BMCs are also going up in value, which I think they also buffed on Valencia spots.

The problem with agris "efficiency" is that it's a silly thing to spend specifically for efficiency purposes. If you're already making 600m+/hour at a place like Orcs, Bloody, Lower Syc, etc. why wouldn't you just burn it there to squeak out a bit extra profit? It doesn't make sense to me to go to agris efficient spots like Cent, Gahaz, Sherekhan Nights, etc. JUST to spend agris efficiently and earn the 600m you were already earning.

Now, if you can't grind one of the mid game spots efficiently enough to get to the silver/h of Cents or Gahaz? By all means, dump that agris. I just don't get the people who go out of their way to be "efficient" with agris and make the same money they were already making.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made 1.1bln in 2hrs on my Season witch at Gahaz, though I did get one Weapon Invasion all to myself. Still though, the rotation I found was too big to really notice the faster respawns. It was more fun than Centaurs though, with the Shadow spawns. Dash classes, at a better (more dense) rotation could probably get that quicker. There were some gaps between mobs where my teleport was down.

Molten Core Raider
Have a volante already and do Hark runs and Margoria runs.

Sailies are easy because you don't have to do much, but they're only certain times (think 4 or 5 people run em).
The Pit of the Undying is solid for a few hundred with minimal effort.
And then warhero'ing on other guild's Khan's runs is pretty solid for about 1k a pop (I'm in Masterbait and we run two Khan's every other Sunday).
This is a good example of why I love this game. I have absolutely no idea what you two are talking about. There's so many different things that can eat up so much of your time and attention that you can completely miss out on them while doing other things that eat up so much of your time and attention.

On another note, has it been stated when Infinite pots will become sellable? I'm about 2/3 of the way toward a second Infinite HP pot from the pity pieces leftover from my first. Im banking on this thing bringing in some big money.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is a good example of why I love this game. I have absolutely no idea what you two are talking about. There's so many different things that can eat up so much of your time and attention that you can completely miss out on them while doing other things that eat up so much of your time and attention.
Yeah, it's amazing how much there is to do and how much "free reign" you have to do it. I also love that everything is balanced against an opportunity cost. You can do "all of the things", but not all at once. If you engage in X activity, you're removing time/investing in Y activity.
On another note, has it been stated when Infinite pots will become sellable? I'm about 2/3 of the way toward a second Infinite HP pot from the pity pieces leftover from my first. Im banking on this thing bringing in some big money.
I honestly wouldn't expect them to be worth much more than 15b. While that's obviously still solid money, I don't think they're going to really be worth grinding, unless you can sell pity pieces, "mini" pots, etc. and not just the completed product. As it is, very few spots outside of maybe Mansham's and Blood Wolves give solid s/hour(and Blood Wolves only because of crystal updates - it used to blow ass also). So even as a "new" or "low gear" player, you're likely still better off grinding shit like Sulfur Mines, Cents, Gahaz, etc. and then just buying extra pots that people farmed.

Molten Core Raider
15-20b is kinda what I was expecting. I still have over 60 of each pity piece from when I farmed up my first HP pot so I decided to finish it out and use it to hopefully pay for my mana pot cause i'd like one, but do not want to farm that thing from scratch. I find that if I have no other reason to grind except to make my silver number bigger, I dont like to do it. Having some sort of goal involved like the compass, map, infinite pot, orzeca costume, accessory cups, etc seems to motivate me to grind more