Black Gold Online

Black Gold Online secures $97M in funding from Chinese banks.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...chinese-banks/

Know it be long time before it comes to us, But that is a lot of dam bread- money.

97 Million over there might as well be like 500 million or more US as they can pay them all much lower wages then we would in the West.

Snail Games and publisher Shanda Games will also be chipping in a cool $32.6 million for marketing the steampunk MMO title. Black Gold Online is currently in closed beta in China with a North American launch to come next year.

Cheers.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Primarily a PvP mmo with 2 hard coded factions fighting over resources (black gold) in the center of the map.

Could be fun but my guess is that it will fail in the west pretty hard. 2 faction pvp mmos just never work here. Aion did pretty well in Korea though, so this game may be a success out in that area. Different market forces at work.

I'll wait for the expansion - Texas Tea.
smile.png

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
what the fuck

Wow that's... interesting.

Once upon a time this game had my attention until it announced one of the strangest payment models I'd ever heard of. I can't recall details, I'll have to google it.

I follow their Twitter account only to see if it'll ever actually make it to this hemisphere.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Avril Lavigne. Wow. They're bringing out the big guns for celebrity endorsement. McQuaid needs to get Britney Spears on the phone for Pantheon.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Avril Lavigne. Wow. They're bringing out the big guns for celebrity endorsement. McQuaid needs to get Britney Spears on the phone for Pantheon.
Brad in a gimp suit, Britney slaps him hard across the face. He coughs out the ball gag and says "Hit me baby one more time"?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Azns are fucking weird. I think that advertisement must be for them. Asian culture is all bizarro regurgitated western culture anyways. So maybe that makes sense to Koreans or whoever plays this game.

What North American marketing department thinks "Well uhh, it's a steampunk game... umm lets get that mall-punk chick of 12 years ago to shill it! surely that will draw in punky-nonconformist types!"

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
asians worship celebrities. think of a phase where a young girl worships justin bieber for a while and then moves on. in asia, they don't.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alpha signups on the site. Link gave me a reply in Chinese so no idea if I managed to sign up for the NA Alpha or not.
yep, i have an invite for the alpha test tommorow. might as well give it a try.