black islamist beheads British soldier in London

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it's not like the bystander effect is a well documented aspect of human sociology and behavior or anything.
No shit. People would have stood around and watched in shock if the same thing had happened here in america.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's not like the bystander effect is a well documented aspect of human sociology and behavior or anything.

Awful story all around.
Bystander effect my ass. You stand around while some crazed asshole is hacking off some dudes head in the middle of the road you deserve to be next in line.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Of course a bunch of unarmed civilians should go up against a pair of loons who have just ran over someone, jumped out of their car and hacked their victim to death. They each were dual wielding knives/cleavers (some reports say one of them also had a handgun but until footage appears of it, it doesn't count) and covered in their victims blood. What could possibly go wrong?

If you have seen the ITV footage some of the bystanders have gone over to the victim and are seeing what they can do for him, bugger all no doubt but at least they tried even while the offending pair are milling around shouting their nonsense only 10-20 feet away. That's true courage, not your board warrior bullshit.

Edit: A newspaper speaks to one of the women pictured, she says the one who was willing to talk on film had a gun as well as various knives and butcher toolshttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-tonight.html
Mrs Loyau-Kennett was a passenger on a number 53 bus which was travelling past the scene, and jumped off to check the soldier's pulse.

"Being a cub leader I have my first aid so when I saw this guy on the floor I thought it was an accident then I saw the guy was dead and I could not feel any pulse.

"And then when I went up there was this black guy with a revolver and a kitchen knife, he had what looked like butcher's tools and he had a little axe, to cut the bones, and two large knives and he said 'move off the body'.

"So I thought 'OK, I don't know what is going on here' and he was covered with blood. I thought I had better start talking to him before he starts attacking somebody else. I thought these people usually have a message so I said 'what do you want?'

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Guy wants to talk about how the government doesn't give a fuck about you and fucked "his people" over but then doesn't go after said government....

I'm not blaming the average citizen walking down the street for being unarmed at all...but why are there sworn London police officers that do not carry? Like, really...an unarmed cop in one of the world's largest cities.

At least don't send them to respond to reports of a grisly meat cleaver attack. I'm not going to question the guys with the funny hats on refusing to smile at children in front of the palace, but that shit yesterday was the real thing. Murder in the streets and the first cops that show up have no guns. I guess they're lucky only one person was killed.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm not blaming the average citizen walking down the street for being unarmed at all...but why are there sworn London police officers that do not carry? Like, really...an unarmed cop in one of the world's largest cities.
Last poll the BBC ran showed that a large majority of Police did not wish to be armed if given the option. The vote was then broken down to numerous reasons such as:The Risk of Elevation of Hostilities, The Wrongfulness of Taking life, Being Held to the Same Civil Standards as Citizens.

This was shortly after Aurora or Newtown.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
British cops are so polite. They shot and wounded those 2 guys. If this had occurred in America they'd be riddled with bullets. If it happened in LA 10 more people would have been killed my cops and lab led as suspects.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
British cops are so polite. They shot and wounded those 2 guys. If this had occurred in America they'd be riddled with bullets. If it happened in LA 10 more people would have been killed my cops and lab led as suspects.
Funny, but true(or because it's true).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Because for the most part, it's not necessary. If the UK didn't have a murder rate a quarter of what it is in the US, you might have a modicum of a point. I think if anything it's admirable that many of their police don't need to be armed to the teeth. Even in this particular case, armed police or citizens would have done nothing to change the end result: dude was going to be dead no matter what.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, this certainly steps up the game some. I mean, running a dude down with a car, then jumping out and hacking him to bits for no apparent reason other than "Islam, fuck yeah!" really raises the bar.

Maybe it is time to get that conceal & carry shit done. Fucking A.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is the goal of these terrorists to make everyone in the world hate Islam? I can't figure out what else this bullshit accomplishes.

tOne_sl

shitlord
Their instructions were most likely shoot to wound. They are not the army and therefore don't wish to kill other humans, despite what they may have done.

At least don't send them to respond to reports of a grisly meat cleaver attack. I'm not going to question the guys with the funny hats on refusing to smile at children in front of the palace, but that shit yesterday was the real thing. Murder in the streets and the first cops that show up have no guns. I guess they're lucky only one person was killed.
There is little appetite to have an armed police force, many police don't want them and the public don't want them.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
As a card carrying, hippy liberal faggot, I think I'm at the point where I'm totally OK with completely wiping any trace of Islam off the face of the planet. Think of the children.

Scaffa_sl

shitlord
The people casually walking by with their phones out didn't really look terrorized to me. Perhaps we should stop calling this guy an Islamic terrorist, and just what he is - a maniac.

The people casually walking by with their phones out didn't really look terrorized to me. Perhaps we should stop calling this guy an Islamic terrorist, and just what he is - a maniac.
Didn't you hear him talking about Islam and Allah? I did. I mean just look how brown he is.