Black Mirror

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Going to start this up with my buddy this weekend, will check for mirrors lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I appreciated the Bioshock reference in Ep. 2 Playtest.

"Now would you kindly open the door?"

Season is off to a good start.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah. starting S3.

first episode was decent commentary... But way too long. it had 10min of commentary/story, and 50min run time... good idea, but horrible execution honestly. They told you the point within 3minutes, if it wasn't obvious immediately, 10s into showing her preening for the selfies.

2nd episode, was very good. total nightmare fuel. with a good joke at the end. Perfect episode. much like the xmas special. It took what is a very likely future tech, and took it into a dark direction. Augmented reality tech is marching along. and it IS going to be a great tool. But, their is a real danger of "not being able to tell reality from simulation", the moment we do start bypassing our senses, and going straight into the brain. Even before we get that far, when we start programming our brains to see things, that are not there, it will naturally create dillusions, and hallucinations, in shadows, etc. Then on top of that, poor programming. it layered on top of that first danger, the idea of a computer mining your thoughts for "fears". and as the show, suggests, fears come in many forms.. spiders... aging... debt.. betrayal.

Disagree on both. First episode was pretty good and laughed at the end when they were yelling at each other. Second episode way too predictable and has been done way too many times to be considered a "perfect" episode.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I made the mistake of binge watching all 7(?) episodes from seasons 1 and 2 this morning, culminating in the Christmas episode. Jesus, I think I ruined my weekend. I'm so depressed.

I was going to do season 3, too. But I need a break.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, it's a pretty dark show. If you insist on binge watching, limit yourself to 1-2 episodes per day tops. That way you'll still be done the entire show in 2 weeks at the absolute most.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If you are watching this under the pretense that they are going to create 'new tech ideas' in every episode, you are watching for the wrong reasons. Yes, augmented reality/matrix plug in/brain wave input has been done before, that's not the point. The writer is showing an example of situations that arise from that from of technology. That'd be like watching dr strange and saying 'eh, lord of the rings did the whole 'wizard' thing first, lame.' It's a completely different story, whether the technology used is similar or not.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
was season 3 a different production studio than the first 2? seems like first 2 seasons were BBC or Sky or whatever in UK, and 3rd was netflix? can tell the production values drop off a bit for the 3rd season. Also the writing and stories from season 3 are just weaker than the first 2 seasons.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you are watching this under the pretense that they are going to create 'new tech ideas' in every episode, you are watching for the wrong reasons. Yes, augmented reality/matrix plug in/brain wave input has been done before, that's not the point. The writer is showing an example of situations that arise from that from of technology. That'd be like watching dr strange and saying 'eh, lord of the rings did the whole 'wizard' thing first, lame.' It's a completely different story, whether the technology used is similar or not.

What? Don't think anyone complained that it wasn't a new tech idea. It's the fact that it was all in his head that was so blatantly obvious and had been done 100x before

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
C
What? Don't think anyone complained that it wasn't a new tech idea. It's the fact that it was all in his head that was so blatantly obvious and had been done 100x before
i wasnt referring to that one episode, and Caliane was doing exactly that. Said the military episode was done before by enders game. I see less similarity between ep5 and enders game then i do between my example of dr strange and lotr.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I finally plowed through season 3. It wasn't quite as dark and depressing as seasons 1 and 2, but still overall a major downer.

As soon as I finished I got lost for a couple hours reading about possible connections between episodes and the one universe/one timeline theories. Really cool stuff.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the whole thing thanks to the Netflix download feature. Watched 1-2 episodes per day on breaks. Great show but fuck... makes me glad this place is my only real online presence. I did like how tech bridged between episodes and how it was used in different ways. Season 3 suffered from being too American. Made it feel different.
The entire history of you was pretty messed up, and I watched White Christmas right before Christmas heh.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
She is a shitty actress, though, so I don't know how she keeps landing gigs with her weight problems plus her general terribleness keep.

ron-howard-1.jpg

on topic, I watched the s01 first ep awhile back and found it kinda boring. Will give this show another shot I guess!

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Only watched s3ep1, then watched s3ep2 was bored out of my fucking mind, didn't even try the rest.

Any specific episodes to watch?

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'd avoid season 3 compared to the first 2 seasons really. I didn't like 2 episodes from the first 2 seasons, but enjoyed the rest. Season 3 was meh.

edit- actually going back and looking at the episodes from season 3, I liked shutup and dance and San Junipero. Last 2 were ok at best from what I remember.

• 1Like

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only watched s3ep1, then watched s3ep2 was bored out of my fucking mind, didn't even try the rest.

Any specific episodes to watch?
As mentioned, San Junipero is definitely worth watching.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Holy awesome show. Thanks rerolled. I love this shit.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
'Shut up and dance' was probably (in my opinion) the best episode of Season 3. San Junipero was good, but felt like it belonged to a different show/series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users