Black Panther (2018)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You think your employer has access to your health records if you use their insurance?
That's exactly what I was thinking. They don't even get to see when you go, when you pay your copay, etc. If they could, millions of people would be fired for falsely claiming to need to leave for appointments, I'm certain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You think your employer has access to your health records if you use their insurance?
Not health records, but i thought there was some kind of tiered type of coverage that if exceded your basic policy you would need to apply for more coverage for something like cancer treatment and your company you work for would be notified.

Fucker

Log Wizard
RDJ should get back into blackface and take over for the guy that died. This would be EPIC.

Fucker

Log Wizard
the guy had cancer for 5 years, had treatments for it and nobody knew? did he pay for his treatments in cash like Walter White? in the age of insurance and company physicals i'm not buying it. unless Mike Obama was right and white people really dont notice blacks.

Privacy laws prohibit doctors and staff from releasing client info. Doing so is an easy way to get sued into the dark ages.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not health records, but i thought there was some kind of tiered type of coverage that if exceded your basic policy you would need to apply for more coverage for something like cancer treatment and your company you work for would be notified.

Negative. If you mean the company would know he has a better health plan, then maybe, but anything saying it's because he has a serious health condition would be a pretty big HIPPA violation

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Negative. If you mean the company would know he has a better health plan, then maybe, but anything saying it's because he has a serious health condition would be a pretty big HIPPA violation
Yeah, i dont know about all that insurance stuff. still its hard to believe that Bozema's illness was unknown to anyone at Marvel. i can believe that they didnt know the extent of his illness, but not knowing about it at all? thats ridiculous.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

HIPAA protects health information. He isn’t required to disclose anything to his employer health wise if it isn’t interfering with his occupational duties or presents a health risk to others.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
HIPAA protects health information. He isn’t required to disclose anything to his employer health wise if it isn’t interfering with his occupational duties or presents a health risk to others.

This only means shit if your employer isn't the one paying for your insurance. Pretty safe to say he probably had his coverage through SAG.

If you work for a large company who operates as an ASO - they absolutely have your health data.

How am I so sure? I setup the data feeds.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This only means shit if your employer isn't the one paying for your insurance. Pretty safe to say he probably had his coverage through SAG.

If you work for a large company who operates as an ASO - they absolutely have your health data.

ok so i dont feel so stupid now. i didnt know SAG offers insurance. i woulda thought Disney provided their own blanket coverage for talent.

rad

Lord of Guk
ok so i dont feel so stupid now. i didnt know SAG offers insurance. i woulda thought Disney provided their own blanket coverage for talent.

They might, as they sure do for park employees and other media arms. You also have private coverage and given the post ADA environment, pre-existing conditions would not disqualify you.

Still very very surprised they were able to keep this hush. It also speaks to his character, such a shame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but then you would have SAG breaking HIPPA if they told marvel.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I saw something about that and it's usually independent movies that do like completion bonds now. Not major blockbusters. Since the bigger studios can abosrb the hit and retool a movie and indie films are basically fucked if something like that happens. Bigger actors all have their own insurance and it's figured into their salaries. I am pretty sure someone like Dwayne Johnson has a hell of a lot better insurance plan than any studio would offer.

rad

Lord of Guk
Yeah but then you would have SAG breaking HIPPA if they told marvel.

I mean more along the supply chain. He was receiving treatment for 4-5 years, that's quite a bit of eyeballs and mouths.

Happily surprised his wish for privacy was respected.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean more along the supply chain. He was receiving treatment for 4-5 years, that's quite a bit of eyeballs and mouths.

There have been a few actors who were sick and not many knew. Gene Wilder, Freddie Mercury, Steve Jobs, Alan Rickman, even Cobie Smulders had cancer, beat it, and then told people like 4-5 years later.

j00t

I mean I get that cancer treatment is expensive. My uncle has had luekemia for like 30 years and they are dirt poor because of it.

But at the end of the day, sag and marvel are two separate companies. If they violate HIPPA they would absolutely cease to exist

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He is fun to watch and a genuine fan of sci fi.
if he was a fan of sci fi he shoulda said

"i'm not gonna go say WOOO" and "WOOO" every time something happens on the screens, the audience aren't idiots and i don't want to be annoying like a wayans brother

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You set up the data feeds??? WOW!! But seriously, nobody gives a shit.

What Chuk's talking about would be a violation of HIPAA

rad

Lord of Guk
You set up the data feeds??? WOW!! But seriously, nobody gives a shit.

What Chuk's talking about would be a violation of HIPAA

You made an incorrect statement, no need to get touchy my boy.

HIPAA! HIPAA! HIP HIP HIIIIPPAAAAAAA!

You think anon_claim_processor_01 gives a fuck about your HIPAA? Haha....

j00t

You made an incorrect statement, no need to get touchy my boy.

HIPAA! HIPAA! HIP HIP HIIIIPPAAAAAAA!

You think anon_claim_processor_01 gives a fuck about your HIPAA? Haha....
i mean... if he wants to keep his job he should...