Blackface

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kinda surprised at the consensus reached in this thread. I thought rerolled was populated by a bunch of weeping vaginas. I've always thought that nothing is inherently racist, and anything can be racist in the right context.
Everyone here should have learned by the years they have spent on the internet that you con't beat hate, racism, and bigotry by being sensitive about it.

You beat it by making fun of it and stealing its memes and turning them back upon them.

Being sensitive about it simply gives power to the haters.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
See the thing is white kids are dumb, if we don't "RAGE" over blackface (and by extension chinky eyes, indian red dot, indian mohawk, sleepy mexican sombreros), we're just gonna have Halloween after Halloween of dumb white kids putting shoe polish on their face, slap a pillow on their GF and go as Kanye.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
See the thing is white kids are dumb, if we don't "RAGE" over blackface (and by extension chinky eyes, indian red dot, indian mohawk, sleepy mexican sombreros), we're just gonna have Halloween after Halloween of dumb white kids putting shoe polish on their face, slap a pillow on their GF and go as Kanye.
You see, as dumb as thatcould possiblybe, thats not racism. Racism is not simple words or pictures. Racism is being told to sit at the back of the bus or use a different bathroom or you cant get this job because your xyz color, ethnicity etc.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
You see, as dumb as thatcould possiblybe, thats not racism. Racism is not simple words or pictures. Racism is being told to sit at the back of the bus or use a different bathroom or you cant get this job because your xyz color, ethnicity etc.
Racism has apparently been redefined when nobody was looking. Now it means "anything that even tangentially relates to race, positive or negative, unless its about white people"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cad nails it. Irish could and probably should be offended by St. patty. It's a holiday of the worst stereotypes. Notre Dame's mascot too. Frankly people just need to get their panties out of a bunch and stop being offended except when it actually tramples on your civil liberties.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
can italian people cry racism over the Little Ceasars's mascot (pizza pizza) or Mario from nintendo?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Racism has apparently been redefinedwhen nobody was looking.Now it means "anything that even tangentially relates to race, positive or negative, unless its about white people"
What the hell do you mean "when nobody was looking?" We chronicled this shit in stone over the past 50 years. Racism began as hanging a black man from a tree because he dared to LOOK at a white girl and has turned into disagreeing with the President on policy issues makes you racist. The definition was changed through Affirmative Action, Hate Speech, and Hate Crime laws, and then celebrated on the local news. "When nobody was looking" my fucking ass. If you weren't looking, it's because you didn't want to see what the fuck was going on.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
because if we don't keep moving the goal posts of what racist is, then there won't be any agency as a culture with out a boogeyman to blame. It would appear as though the vocal majority of both the left and right are moving so far away that its just the crazies that you hear about. We need to be moving closer to the middle instead of all of the ism's telling white people (men) you have to walk on egg shells with egg shell shoes on and you better not break a goddamn one you misogynist, racist, privileged, shit lord.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, aside from the whole "racism is everything!" discussion, you have to be an idiot if you don't think going in any kind of black person make up is going to get you shit these days. Rage against the machine all day, but you go out like that you are going to catch shit for it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
because if we don't keep moving the goal posts of what racist is, then there won't be anyagencyas a culture with out a boogeyman to blame. It would appear as though the vocal majority of both the left and right are moving so far away that its just the crazies that you hear about. We need to be moving closer to the middle instead of all of the ism's telling white people (men) you have to walk on egg shells with egg shell shoes on and you better not break a goddamn one you misogynist, racist, privileged, shit lord.
God I fucking hate that word.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
this forum is hilarious at times.

What exactly is the Rerolled definition of racism?

Do you realise that there are different levels of racism and racial insensitivity?

iannis

Musty Nester
Speaking of dirty wops

Is there a proper way to eat pitted olives? I've tried to peel them, but that turns out to be both comical and retarded. So I've taken to grabbing 5 or 6 and just shoving the lot of them in my mouth and working on them for a few minutes. Then you spit out the pits which are much larger than I thought an olive pit would be.

With any luck I'll have an olive grove in the backyard in a couple of years.