Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Protesting for vaccine mandates;

Blizzard employees - already known for being unusually lazy and emotionally fragile, even by the pathetically low standards of video game developers - protest having to show up to work and possibly associate with someone who didn't publicly post a "Fauci Ouchy" vaccination pic on Instagram. My heart weeps for them.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Blizzard employees - already known for being unusually lazy and emotionally fragile, even by the pathetically low standards of video game developers - protest having to show up to work and possibly associate with someone who didn't publicly post a "Fauci Ouchy" vaccination pic on Instagram. My heart weeps for them.
Lock the front doors at 9AM and anyone not in the building goes home without a job. People need to stop catering to these worthless piles of human dog shit.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Lock the front doors at 9AM and anyone not in the building goes home without a job. People need to stop catering to these worthless piles of human dog дерьмо.

1000% agree. If you want to walk off the job because someone might not have injected themselves with poison. Then you shouldn't have a fucking job at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
1000% agree. If you want to walk off the job because someone might not have injected themselves with poison. Then you shouldn't have a fucking job at all.
Employees dictating the terms of employment is laughably ridiculous.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This incompetence is the same thing that got them just 18 million in a case that, by comparison to others of similar magnitude, brought hundreds of millions. Yet, I can almost hear the screeching retards saying "The government is just a bunch of right wing corpo CIS white males out to get us!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lock the front doors at 9AM and anyone not in the building goes home without a job. People need to stop catering to these worthless piles of human dog shit.

Bold of you to assume they're not homeworking in MLP pajamas, petting their cats while sipping their $17 Starbucks tree piss.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
WOW may have had 10 k subscribers but half of them were banned Chinese hacker accounts.
This is not too far off. EQ's like 25% or more box accounts at this point. It's a substantial part of their revenue flow when some 6+ boxing MacroQuest user gets banned and decides to re-sub immediately and buy expansions, potions, optional store items, bundles, Krono from other players, etc.

EQ2's probably about the same ratio, if not worse. EQ2 has a majority of raiding guilds run ISXEQ2 for some roles to complete content as the bot plays better than most players in that role.

Between hardcore whales that are racing for world firsts and spending a shit ton of real money on consumables given to them by sponsors/their org, and the amount of base/full game purchases that are made by actual botters, I think it's not far off to say that WoW is in a similar spot, if not a better one since they actively remove them from the game and Daybreak is slower to do so.

WoW classic had a ton of 'suicide botters' where they would harvest / warp for a long ass time post-launch, and I bet you they were getting banned, but the cost of selling WoW classic gold for RL$ offput the cost of those individual accounts getting banned, due to the speed of Blizzard banning them and the price of in-game gold.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This is not too far off. EQ's like 25% or more box accounts at this point. It's a substantial part of their revenue flow when some 6+ boxing MacroQuest user gets banned and decides to re-sub immediately and buy expansions, potions, optional store items, bundles, Krono from other players, etc.

25% seems way too low.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just a reminder: the more active account types are usually perceived as more numerous than they really are. The guy who plays 12h/week, mostly with a few friends, is the guy you never notice.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a reminder: the more active account types are usually perceived as more numerous than they really are. The guy who plays 12h/week, mostly with a few friends, is the guy you never notice.
Don’t forget the guy who can only play 5 hours a week because he’s in a Georgia prison and busy rioting!

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Jonesing

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Around where I live finding someone to just show up, late or not, is a huge problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Around where I live finding someone to just show up, late or not, is a huge problem.
Thats usually a scummy corporate excuse to manipulate their employees to do the work load of two people for just a pittance of a raise. People are looking for a job, find out why no one is applying or why no one is staying in that position.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Employees dictating the terms of employment is laughably ridiculous.
You mean like healthcare workers who think their employers can't tell them to get shots? lol.

Your employer tells you to do something, and you are insubordinate and don't do it, you generally get fired.

• 3Like
  • 2Dislike
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Replacing a significant number of workers in any job that revolves around a complex in-house-built toolchain, and then bringing the new employees up to speed to the point where they're actually useful, is really fucking hard, considering I'm willing to bet that in the last round of layoffs Kotick probably fired most of the people who train people on said toolchain. That's the first thing that companies do when they're moving into a "lets milk this product until it dies a natural death" mode like they've clearly done with WoW.

They would absolutely just fire these people if they could get away with it, so if you don't see these people all get fired, it's because they literally can't replace them because they're already effectively in 'just keeping the lights on' mode and don't have a robust process for bringing new employees up to speed on engineering and product operations.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You mean like healthcare workers who think their employers can't tell them to get shots? lol.

Your employer tells you to do something, and you are insubordinate and don't do it, you generally get fired.

I hope your boss makes you suck their dick then eat shit out of a toilet... and you think to yourself if I don't do this I'll get fired.

• 3Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I have friends who are healthcare works and didnt get the shot and still have their jobs..

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I hope your boss makes you suck their dick then eat shit out of a toilet... and you think to yourself if I don't do this I'll get fired.
I would just get a different job because I'm not worthless.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 1 users