Blood Bowl 3

Would you be interested in joining a FOH blood Bowl 3 league with 1 game per week.

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Depends on Release Date

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm such a glutton for this series, but usually play offline just so I can make my murder dwarf team and laugh my way to wins. If the other team has more than 3 players on the pitch at the end of the game, it was a loss.

Might give it a shot if/when it comes out

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was big into the Blood Bowl tabletop community for awhile...traveling for tournaments and even hosting my own. I was hyped for the 2016 release, but when they rebooted again just a few years later it killed any remaining desire I had to play. I took a break expecting the desire to re-ignite at some point, but it hasn't yet. Maybe the PC game would get me into it again.

I'd probably give a ReRoll league a shot because I enjoyed the original iteration we had, but I'm still not excited for the game yet.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I was big into the Blood Bowl tabletop community for awhile...traveling for tournaments and even hosting my own. I was hyped for the 2016 release, but when they rebooted again just a few years later it killed any remaining desire I had to play. I took a break expecting the desire to re-ignite at some point, but it hasn't yet. Maybe the PC game would get me into it again.

I'd probably give a ReRoll league a shot because I enjoyed the original iteration we had, but I'm still not excited for the game yet.
Just wait until EA buys Nacon. Then we can have Blood Bowl 23, 24, 25, 26....

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider

I am like this every 3 years with blood bowl. Have a fully painted Skaven team, Get into it hard. burn out hard. Vow never to play and always come back. Both online and in person.

• 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I am like this every 3 years with blood bowl. Have a fully painted Skaven team, Get into it hard. burn out hard. Vow never to play and always come back. Both online and in person.
It's a brutal game with poor RNG due to using d6s for almost everything giving, at best, a 1/36 chance of catastrophe nearly every roll. It's combining chess, sports, and character progression that hooks me, but the gameplay itself is infuriating. I've seen more people ragequit this game (both online and in-person) than anything else I've played.

I have fully painted Norse, Amazon, Slaan, Nurgle, Humans, and was working on Skaven before I quit. Most of the other teams I have unpainted and/or unassembled. Part of what killed it for me was that a lot of these teams that I bought don't even have the correct roster now after the changes and it's hard/impossible to get a suitable miniature since I bought a lot of them from 3rd parties when GW wasn't supporting the game. I also prefer metal and even the best 3rd party manufacturers (like Greebo) are going exclusively to resin now.

Apparently my local league has been thriving since the changes, so I guess it's helped bring people to the game, which is good. I'm still sure I'll get back to it someday...I just expected that pull to happen already and it hasn't.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Love this game so much but it also hurts my soul more then any other game I have played to date. Turn three I complete an amazing pass and next turn I score no matter what. Other team kills one guy and puts 2 others out for at least 1 game...

Bash team in many ways ruin this game for me, passing team matchups have always been more fun and interesting for me. When going for the long run I try to bridge that gap with Ork team with passing perks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love this game so much but it also hurts my soul more then any other game I have played to date. Turn three I complete an amazing pass and next turn I score no matter what. Other team kills one guy and puts 2 others out for at least 1 game...

Bash team in many ways ruin this game for me, passing team matchups have always been more fun and interesting for me. When going for the long run I try to bridge that gap with Ork team with passing perks.
I'm the exact opposite, every time I even try rolling an elf (or whatever agi teams look decent) I hated the passing game aspect. I'm sure its the opposite of rose tinted goggles looking at my memory, but it felt like every time I tried they'd just fumble the ball or fail the throw over and over.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
GW take my money. Again. And again. And. Again. Holding out for the supreme legendary edition.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Game launched in early beta stage. Lots of functionality missing.

No competitive competition (end of may 2023), no single player campaign worth mentioning (not coming either), can't reconnect to game after a disconnect (may 2023), can't pause a game, need to be always online but the servers are slow as fuck.

It was only early access yesterday and their servers already took a crap, extremely slow reaction times in menus, disconnects, and a downed login-server.

Really like blood bowl, but this is dogshit.

5/10 because its bloodbowl, 0/10 for the game. They recycled the fuck out of assets and pretty much made everything else worse compared to BB2. What a waste.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game launched in early beta stage. Lots of functionality missing.

No competitive competition (end of may 2023), no single player campaign worth mentioning (not coming either), can't reconnect to game after a disconnect (may 2023), can't pause a game, need to be always online but the servers are slow as fuck.

It was only early access yesterday and their servers already took a crap, extremely slow reaction times in menus, disconnects, and a downed login-server.

Really like blood bowl, but this is dogshit.

5/10 because its bloodbowl, 0/10 for the game. They recycled the fuck out of assets and pretty much made everything else worse compared to BB2. What a waste.
So it's 100% in line with Cyanide's prior development history?

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am out for the simple reason that its using the new GW BB rules which are complete shit on every level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
When I saw the game as a service currency I kind of knew this would be shit. Very sad to see them try and release something in this state. Most of the preview vids and dev blogs was them boasting about how much better the single player campaign will be…WTF happened?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cyanide as a developer, the new shitball money grabbing GW rules, and microtransactions are what happened.

I still play BB2 from time to time, but the last LRB or the first edition post them killing FUMBL will be the only version I play or recognize. The state of the game in tabletop is actually far worse, if you can believe that.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Cyanide as a developer, the new shitball money grabbing GW rules, and microtransactions are what happened.

I still play BB2 from time to time, but the last LRB or the first edition post them killing FUMBL will be the only version I play or recognize. The state of the game in tabletop is actually far worse, if you can believe that.
I own the full (all dlc) BB1. I've been hesitant to get BB2 as it looks like just a graphical upgrade and little else. Am I missing something?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
That's unfortunate. BB2 already worse than BB1.

I don't know how in the age of MMO private servers no one has managed to make FUMBBL a little more graphically appealing so we can have the functionality we need and the graphics we'd want.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Games Worshop legal cease and desist orders is how. They literally attacked the entire community that had been keeping the game alive out of the blue the minute they wanted to wrangle some money out of the IP again. The history is back a ways in the BB thread, but essentially a fan community had been maintaining the rules and running events for years. Then its time to reprint and they just sue the guys out of the blue. These are guys who would have worked with GW to improve the game for literally zero dollars and had been keeping it alive, if not prosperous for a specialty game. Then the same geniuses that brought us Age of Sigmar and the 40k version of the same went to work fucking over the rules and making every team a DLC purchase. This mentality (and shitty rules) has indected BB3. BB2 was still the Living Rulebook, but it had worse AI and less mod options/league tools than BB1. Cyanide has basically made the franchise continually worse, with the only improvement being to give up on their stupidly terrible real time mode.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Games Worshop legal cease and desist orders is how. They literally attacked the entire community that had been keeping the game alive out of the blue the minute they wanted to wrangle some money out of the IP again. The history is back a ways in the BB thread, but essentially a fan community had been maintaining the rules and running events for years. Then its time to reprint and they just sue the guys out of the blue. These are guys who would have worked with GW to improve the game for literally zero dollars and had been keeping it alive, if not prosperous for a specialty game. Then the same geniuses that brought us Age of Sigmar and the 40k version of the same went to work fucking over the rules and making every team a DLC purchase. This mentality (and shitty rules) has indected BB3. BB2 was still the Living Rulebook, but it had worse AI and less mod options/league tools than BB1. Cyanide has basically made the franchise continually worse, with the only improvement being to give up on their stupidly terrible real time mode.
Stick with BB1 it is then.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can get complete collections for BB1/BB2 that contain all their shitty DLC for like 10$ during various Steam sales. If you've got the itch to play again just get one of those - this entry is a complete downgrade in every way and is primarily designed as a vessel for drip-fed cosmetics and roster expansions.

If you wanna play in person you can scoop of old Guildball minis for mega cheap off ebay and shit since the game is dead, but it's a fucking blast to play if you can convince your locals to give it a shot.

• 2Like