Bodies

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Bodies

Genre: Crime, Mystery, Drama

First aired: 2023-10-19

Creator: Paul Tomalin

Cast: Jacob Fortune-Lloyd, Shira Haas, Amaka Okafor, Kyle Soller, Tom Mothersdale, Synnøve Karlsen, Stephen Graham, George Parker, Michael Jibson, Gabriel Howell

Overview: One victim, found dead on a London street. Four detectives, in four different time periods, must solve the mystery to protect Britain’s future.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started watching it today. Story is interesting so far even if they felt the need to include gay stuff and diversity.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I finished this last night or the night before and it was a pretty interesting concept but do believe it fell apart in execution towards the end. I hate harping on it time and again but the relationship you mentioned above was just so out of nowhere and ridiculous. It was just POW GAY STUFF! It wasn't even forecasted or implied in such a way to make it subtle or believable until it happened. Anyways...

It should have ended on the 3rd to last episode or made the last two the intro in to Season 2. They crammed a lot of stuff in to the last two episodes to try and resolve everything, and I think it hurt the series overall.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought this was ok, but kind of stumbled on the last episode.

Iris had a really good point that never really gets addressed - changing the timeline gets Shahara her son back but it erases everyone else from existence; this seems like a pretty shitty tradeoff for everyone else.

The sole thing protecting an open time portal in a totalitarian future is some wire fence ?

One of the few things they actually knew about time travel was that it was person only, no foreign objects, what the fuck did Iris think was going to happen ?

The other two just watch her, and then go, well nothing happened, guess she failed, probably because she can't walk. Oh well, it's not like we could just walk through ourselves or anything, guess we go home.

Having old Shahara take over her younger self's body is a copout that makes no sense, and having Iris there makes even *less* sense.

There's also a huge continuity problem in the first episode that I assumed was time travel related somehow, but appears not to be. ( She finds the body while on duty in full gear, but by the time her boss gets there she is in civilian clothes and it's her 'day off'. )

Still, entertained me enough to watch it, solid 6.5 if you like timetravel shows.

spronk

FPS noob
only 2 episodes in but i'm enjoying it, it has lots of usual diversity shit - lol gays and trannies in the 1880s - but i do like the Lost style "WHAT THE FUCK" pivot in the last minute of each episode.

more shows should try to interweave 3-4 time periods into the narrative, its really neat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed it. A maybe not so small cliffhanger and no idea where they might take it if they continue. But I think it does not need more than this season.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some pretty huge things left unexplained, like how everything started in the first place.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty good show but it definitely rips off Dark and is quite different from the comic other than the 4 main characters in their timelines and there being a body that shows up.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database