Borderlands 2

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
2nd event is apparently grenade mods drop rate increased
Oh shit, I better reinstall to get in on some of that action.

What a fucking terrible game. I mean that. I just do not have the fucking heart to put in another 600 hours into that dogshit loot system like I did in BL1.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh shit, I better reinstall to get in on some of that action.

What a fucking terrible game. I mean that. I just do not have the fucking heart to put in another 600 hours into that dogshit loot system like I did in BL1.
Really? I loved it. Granted I didn't play BL1 though. And I've half-assedly played casually (level 35 or something, and just going through first DLC).

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently I'm easy <rimshot>. As long as the tools I've currently got let me do the current content, I don't feel the need to crazy farm things; be it gear or levels. If I get an gear upgrade, or I level up, well that's a bonus. Zero, be him sniper based or melee based, is so obscene that either spec 1 shots most things, even in true vault hunter mode.

As such these really are non-events for me.

Neph_sl

shitlord
~90 hours in, finally hit 50 and I think I'm done with this game. I played Diablo 3 for ~300 hours even though the NPCs were far less interesting and the story in D3 was predicable and overall garbage compared to BL2. The loot system and elemental types in BL2 are just crap. Having the right gun for the enemies you're fighting is essential, and if you don't, then be prepared to take 3x as long to clear the area. Once I hit 50, I cashed in about 15 golden keys hoping for a decent corrosive, but nothing.

Is the Torgue campaign worth $10 or can I just call it quits?

Halucin8_sl

shitlord
Torque campaign is defiantly worth 10 bucks.. Funny storyline, lots of action.. Also if you need gear once you are 50 just farm the "raid" bosses with 4 other people. You'll be geared in no time

sebur

Bronze Squire
Has anybody played the DLC that was released in december? I was looking over the DLCs and I completely missed this one. Was curious if it is any good.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
The 2nd DLC (Mr. Torgue's) was better than Captain Scarlett's. It has great dialogue and a loot pinata for farming after you beat it.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found Scarlet better than Torgue.

Scarlet was pirate witty, Torgue just screams and curses. Scarlet has a good mix of rewards, Torgue has shitty Torgue shit.

But yeh, Torgue's "raid" boss is easier than Scarletts.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Really? I loved it. Granted I didn't play BL1 though. And I've half-assedly played casually (level 35 or something, and just going through first DLC).
See, here's the thing that bothers me. I get that it's supposed to be a loot "farm" kind of game. But after getting to 50, completing all of the quests, killing the warrior half a dozen times, and not owning any oranges other than the grenade mod I got at level 38, it's really getting fucking old.

It's basically a single player game. It's not a MMO. There doesn't need to be a loot grind. It's fine for shit to drop fucking loot. I killed Craw more times than I could count or most people here could imagine, and I have 3 pearlescents to show for it. That's fucking ridiculous, and I have absolutely no interest in doing it all over again to get shittier loot and shittier weapons. Don't get me wrong, it's got a fine story for a playthrough or 2, but the game just gives you no fucking reason to keep going...and that's the entire point of the game. Do it more times to farm better shit. Why? You're gonna kill shit 50 times, throw away all of the shit loot, and maybe you'll find one sidegrade somewhere in the mess.

On top of that, every enemy in the game is basically competing to be the most annoying bullshit to kill ever.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya I enjoyed Torgue's way more simply for the dialogue. Rest was meh.

On the subject of loot, I totally hate it as well. It is the reason I stopped playing D3 and the reason I stopped playing BL2. I absolutely cannot stand the idea that I am suppose to sit here and farm shit for hours and hours on the chance that I might get something I can use. This is probably the reason I have enjoyed traditional MMOs and games like league to the extent that I have. There is a clear goal or path to get to what I want and for the most part I am the only person who stops that.

The DLC I was wondering if anybody played that I passed over is the "Creature Slaughterdome".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Creatuer Slaughterdome came with the preorder addition, I guess that's why I didn't know what you were talking about. It's fun, I mean it's pretty much just how it sounds.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Loot grind is stupid because there's no economy and zero attempts to stop cheating. Why would anyone farm a boss once a day for a month for some weapon that isn't even an upgrade when if you really wanted it you could just download a 80kb save file. Shit isn't a MMO and need stop pretending to be one, I cringe every time I hear Gearbox say 'raid boss'.

Fun game, DLC's have been kinda disappointing. I blame that mostly on the fixed level cap, seriously raise the fucking level cap already.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Event going on now has upped the drop rate of sniper rifles (was grenades yesterday and shotguns the day before).

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm confused then. If you're level 50. And you've beaten all the content in the game. Multiple times. Why are you still playing? Is there some leader-board I don't know (or obviously care) about? How exactly would such a thing be remotely relevant with client side, editable saves; loot drop hacks, etc?

If you're still having fun, then cool. But clearly you're not, or you wouldn't be raging about upgrades. You say it yourself, it's not an MMO. Put it down till the next DLC hits, grab one of the other 80 games you got from the holiday sales, and play them for a while.

Since subscription MMO's have a monthly cost, I can see (but don't necessarily agree anymore) making one of them your main, your only game. Farming EVERYTHING, getting all the achievements, levels, gear, whatever. Spending time BSing with friends, or not.

But BL2 *is* not that beast, it does have an end, no reasonable person will vilify you for putting it down, be it "for a while" or forever.

------
As for the creature slaughterdome DLC, it's just the critter version of the hyperion dome and bandit domes. If you enjoy that game play, give it a go. I'm personally waiting for it to go on sale because dome's really don't give you that many hours of play.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
You're confused why people would be annoyed by the fact that the drop rate for good gear is astronomically low?

I guess we don't have anything to talk about then.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ah, I was unaware it came with the pre-order since I didn't pre-order.

@Cutlery, I believe the point he is trying to convey is that if you have effectively cleared all the content then you obviously don't need to farm some stupid low drop rate items as you have already beat the game with the gear you have. It isn't like you hit a brick wall and need some gear to get through it. In fact, this is the exact reason I stopped playing. I do enough damage to warrant me being need by my friends to make things easier, and what little gear advantage they have makes up for the rest so I see absolutely no reason for me to farm for the chance at some low ass drop rate gear to drop when we beat the content perfectly fine.

Although, maybe if they fixed some of the obvious ways to exploit brand new end bosses then I might need to farm gear but meh (last boss in torque arena is retarded...you can hide under the entrance and not get hit by anything while you kill the t-rex bitch and then when the guy comes out I literally ran circles around him and he couldn't hit me). I probably contradicted myself a bit there but I am too upset with the falcons winning atm to care.

Silence_sl

shitlord
DLC for PC is out.

Witch Doctors MUST DIE.

My poor Siren feels a little UP now.
redface.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just finished the game on normal at lvl 32 or 33. Should I start again on Vault Hunter mode or get the DLC? If the DLC is better should I just get the season pass? Any deals on that?