Borderlands 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They've been saying since near launch for BL2 that there would be some DLC that was beyond the season pass.

Northerner

N00b
Played a little bit. The new mode seems a bit irritating and I'm pretty much loaded for bear with legendaries.

I mean, it isn't really *that* hard or anything but fuck the new slag mechanic for solo play. Even with a commando using super-quick weapon swaps and/or slagging turret, it is just annoying. You can still kill shit without slag of course but I'm burning through ammo smacking down yard trash for no real reason other than to annoy me with regen mechanics and so on.

I'll play some more for sure but honestly, starting to lose that "fun" aspect. Even with ~55kshields and 100k health using an evolution and plenty of regen perks I have to hide some and eventually get bored and just kill shit, die, kill something to stand up and rinse and repeat. I definitely can progress without too many issues but it is starting to be a bit of a chore.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Hayter's Folly wins the award for most beautiful zone in the game.
I love the grotto atmosphere and those crystal monsters are a lot of fun to kill.

rrr_img_19702.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just bought the season pass for $10. Borderlands 2 is today's Amazon Gold Box deal:http://amzn.to/Xi69XX

You can also get the base game for $20 or game + season pass for $25. Enjoy.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played a little bit. The new mode seems a bit irritating and I'm pretty much loaded for bear with legendaries.

I mean, it isn't really *that* hard or anything but fuck the new slag mechanic for solo play. Even with a commando using super-quick weapon swaps and/or slagging turret, it is just annoying. You can still kill shit without slag of course but I'm burning through ammo smacking down yard trash for no real reason other than to annoy me with regen mechanics and so on.

I'll play some more for sure but honestly, starting to lose that "fun" aspect. Even with ~55kshields and 100k health using an evolution and plenty of regen perks I have to hide some and eventually get bored and just kill shit, die, kill something to stand up and rinse and repeat. I definitely can progress without too many issues but it is starting to be a bit of a chore.
I would agree, the game was awesome for me in the first 2 DLC's however I kept saying, why dont they put in a level increase to make it more worth my effort. Well, they finally did but its to little and to late. I logged on downloaded and played for 10mins on the new legendary mode and logged off...boring. Hoping the last DLC will make it worth playing again. There are too many games out now to grab my attention away from BL2.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Something I noticed about Ultimate Mode is that sniper rifle's, unless there's an incredible damage scale involved towards 61, they're pretty much worthless now. Enemies health has skyrocketed and now it even regenerates, and you can't carry 500+ rounds of sniper rifle ammo. It's what 200? 150? Maybe less? As of now, by the time you kill an enemy solely with a sniper you just might be out of ammo, but I'm not playing as Zero. Either way, I can't see myself using a sniper on Gaige as I once did. Rockets are still worthwhile due to the blast radius and it's almost a gimme going into second wind with a Norfleet. Oh and the sad thing about this is the damage wasn't even worth it with a Bee shield. Oddly enough the only sniper I do lug around is a Vladof rifle that is honestly more of an AR than sniper, 26 round, slags and has a 10+ firing rate. I keep it for the slag backup.

Krieg the Psycho vault hunter addition should be a fun addition and I'm hoping the new DLC will bring back some life into BL2.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Triple shot sniper rifle with zero specced into it insta gibs shit still if you crit, bitching that sniper is weak when not playing the sniper char is odd.

Gunzerker seems to be the siren of bl2, need to level one for sure.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got my Zero to level 38, beat the game, started in true vault hunter mode....and now the game abso-fucking-lutely blows complete elephant ass. In the lucky event I can get a string of headshots on something, the 3 other badasses in the room crush me before I even get a chance to switch targets. It's like I'm made out of paper.

So now I'm working on my level 13 gunzerker, which I had initially made but went with Zero because I loved playing sniper in BL1.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got my Zero to level 38, beat the game, started in true vault hunter mode....and now the game abso-fucking-lutely blows complete elephant ass. In the lucky event I can get a string of headshots on something, the 3 other badasses in the room crush me before I even get a chance to switch targets. It's like I'm made out of paper.

So now I'm working on my level 13 gunzerker, which I had initially made but went with Zero because I loved playing sniper in BL1.
I play my siren as a sniper, and am getting the shit kicked out of me on the gluttonous thresher boss in TVH mode. I can't face tank him, and I explode. I can't snipe him from a distance as he throws those projectiles at me and I can't reliably regen health.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm telling you guys, they made this game a lot less fun going from 1 to 2. Ammo regeneration not being in the game doesn't make it more interesting, it makes it fucking stupid. Health Regen on certain skills only doesn't make it more interesting, it makes it fucking stupid.

There's a lot of these little changes they made and it really makes it way more of a grind than it should. I didn't mind the grind in BL1, I put 600 hours into it. But I absolutely cannot wrap my head around what's required to kill shit where a sniper headshot doesn't do 1% of damage to something, and I only have 96 bullets. From what's being said here with the insane HP values on shit now, I can't imagine that changing either.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Only played Gunzerker and Commando (mostly Commando), so I haven't ran into these problems you guys are having. So far UVHM has been challenging AND fun! Two longbow turrets with rocket pods pretty much do all the work for me after a quick slag spray.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to mention that most of the legendaries and Pearlescent weapons are garbage. Funny? Sure. Interesting? Sometimes. Effective outside of whatever narrow situation they're specifically designed around? Fuck no.

Don't get me wrong, wild effects such as the Sawbar's *should* exist. But at a blue or purple gun level. Then you have room to reuse the effect, but better at the high rarities.

But I'm really the wrong audience for this. While I certainly would love to collect all the pearlies, even all the legendaries like others have, I *will*not* farm a boss for hours and hours of quit, reload, try again. Expecially when, to get the "best" versions of the weapons, I have to beat the game 2 or 3 times *AND* discard lower quality versions of some of them.

The "I've beat the game, why do I care?" trumps the "Must have all the shinies!" for me.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
are most people playing this solo or in groups? BL was great and all but playing alone was ass, when your friends arent on i want to pick this up hows the online community and all that?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
are most people playing this solo or in groups? BL was great and all but playing alone was ass, when your friends arent on i want to pick this up hows the online community and all that?
If you pick this up for PC I will reroll a char with you. I have yet to run into a situation where I was forced to play solo when I didn't want to. Down side is when not playing with friends people are loot whores.

Jayblah_sl

shitlord
If you pick this up for PC I will reroll a char with you. I have yet to run into a situation where I was forced to play solo when I didn't want to. Down side is when not playing with friends people are loot whores.
Add me to the list of PC players looking for Co-Op. I'd love to play with people. I don't find the game all that fun solo. Steam ID: Jayblah