Borderlands 3

Fadaar

That guy
The game is naturally easier with at least 1 other player owing to how it was designed as a co-op title. The ability to pick your buddy up, split the targeting of a big boss and even run in after dying all make the content smoother.

Plus you have another set of ears to catch all the subtle one-liners spouted by the enemies.

It's funny that we are getting a lot more characterization of the BL2 vault hunters now than we ever did in Borderlands 2 itself. I suppose their previous nature as avatars precluded too much as that might lower player agency. Still I think I know more about Zer0 and Maya from short bits here than I ever did in the many hundreds of hours playing before.

Was the same way in BL2 for the BL1 VH's. Guess it kinda goes with the nature of 4 playable characters and not really being able to tailor the story to each one but the followup lets you do whatever with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I’m old and my vision isn’t so good anymore, but often I struggle to distinguish ennemies from the background in some areas.

I actually logged on to say this. I've been praising the game, but if i had a complaint it would be the mobs get blended into the environment at times.
More than once i had to stand up or move closer to see.
It didn't bother me, but the others didn't like it when i stood (even tho i wasn't obstructing their view)

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I actually logged on to say this. I've been praising the game, but if i had a complaint it would be the mobs get blended into the environment at times.
More than once i had to stand up or move closer to see.
It didn't bother me, but the others didn't like it when i stood (even tho i wasn't obstructing their view)

I have this issue with console games in general now. Big reason I stick to PC. keeps me closer to the screen by default. Couch gaming and i have a hard time reading some of the maps in the corners let alone details in a room.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have this issue with console games in general now. Big reason I stick to PC. keeps me closer to the screen by default. Couch gaming and i have a hard time reading some of the maps in the corners let alone details in a room.

This was kind of an issue on the last couple BL as well but in this game if you get into a group of 3 flaks shit gets a bit busy and it can be hard to spot enemies sometimes. One thing I recommend is get used to doing the ping command if shits really getting crazy. It lets you see the crosshairs through everything so if you need to focus on something its pretty easy to mark it and then you can't lose it.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
As an aside, I reinstalled Borderlands 1 over the weekend, the GOTY edition I never played, and it feels like difficulty progression was changed: I hit several places VERY early where I was getting my ass handed to me - and I do not recall this AT ALL on my many previous playthroughs.

Anyway, I say this to indicate that I may no longer be good enough to actually play Borderlands 3. To my greatest dismay. Makes my wait for non-exclusive release easier, certainly.

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
As an aside, I reinstalled Borderlands 1 over the weekend, the GOTY edition I never played, and it feels like difficulty progression was changed: I hit several places VERY early where I was getting my ass handed to me - and I do not recall this AT ALL on my many previous playthroughs.

Anyway, I say this to indicate that I may no longer be good enough to actually play Borderlands 3. To my greatest dismay. Makes my wait for non-exclusive release easier, certainly.

Try to pick up alcoholism, instead of feeling too old to play a game you'll feel too drunk, which at least leaves you hope that it might improve.

Worked for me, anyway.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Try to pick up alcoholism, instead of feeling too old to play a game you'll feel too drunk, which at least leaves you hope that it might improve.

Worked for me, anyway.

I like weed, blaming the legalization of cannabis for my follies is one of my favorite things to do. I then say "I need to play sober" but I never do, why? Because I know I will play just as bad and not be as relaxed about it.

I lose enemies in the gun effects and explosions all the time, especially when I am using Maliwan guns.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like weed, blaming the legalization of cannabis for my follies is one of my favorite things to do. I then say "I need to play sober" but I never do, why? Because I know I will play just as bad and not be as relaxed about it.

I lose enemies in the gun effects and explosions all the time, especially when I am using Maliwan guns.

Not helped by a bunch of enemies can do big leaps/charges/dash moves so if there is a big explosion the thing that was behind that explosion may have moved pretty far from where you last saw it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do like how this is doubling down on the characterization of the different corporations that make the various weapons.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It took me far too long to recognize Pain's voice.

latest

• 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It took me far too long to recognize Pain's voice.

LOL i heard one of the transports flying around yesterday and heard the voice too and was like "wtf... is that Penn?" -- looked it up and YEP.

Can't wait to see Pain and Terror in game now.

1568760989968.png

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still way behind most at just level 16 so far, but I wanted to tell anyone worried about whether or not SJWs ruined this franchise, they absolutely didn't. Moxxi is still Moxxi, and she tells you to shoot a side quest boss in the dick. When you do, the Critical messages are replaced with "Dicked"

Gotta love Borderlands!

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am not sure if Ava is enough of a cliche or if they could have fit in more before she became a full on parody.

Just jacked a ride and heard a Wilhelm Scream, I would put this on par with Borderlands 1.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The sound for this door was used in Total Annhilation. I can't remember what unit it was, though. Solar collector?

PS Communities_20190917_202648.jpg

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
...oh Borderlands you cheeky son of a bitch, you almost had me!

To be continued in 4...3...2... you dirty muther fuckers

And then I re spawned from a cut scene falling through the world... ahhh, actually bugs have been few and far between and usually quitting to menu fixed it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm still way behind most at just level 16 so far, but I wanted to tell anyone worried about whether or not SJWs ruined this franchise, they absolutely didn't. Moxxi is still Moxxi, and she tells you to shoot a side quest boss in the dick. When you do, the Critical messages are replaced with "Dicked"

Gotta love Borderlands!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf