Bullet Train (2022)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Bullet Train (2022)

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Brad Pitt, Joey King, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Zazie Beetz, Michael Shannon, Sandra Bullock, Logan Lerman, Hiroyuki Sanada, Brian Tyree Henry, Karen Fukuhara, Bad Bunny, Andrew Koji, Masi Oka, Pasha D. Lychnikoff, Miraj Grbić, Yoshi Sudarso, Julio Gabay, Reut Fish, Jason Matthew Smith, Emelina Adams, Andrea Muñoz, Johanna Watts, Nancy Daly

Release: 2022-07-14

Plot: Five assassins aboard a fast moving bullet train find out their missions have something in common.

Homsar

Yeah this looks very entertaining, surprised no one commented on this

Haus

<Silver Donator>

still feels like a movie i'll just wait for VOD though
I'm kinda in this boat too. Although I saw the trailer before Thor:love&thunder tonight and part of me might give in and see it in a theater. Especially since there are so few decent movies on the horizon and I got a $150 Alamo gift card for my birthday. heh

Homsar

I'm kinda in this boat too. Although I saw the trailer before Thor:love&thunder tonight and part of me might give in and see it in a theater. Especially since there are so few decent movies on the horizon and I got a $150 Alamo gift card for my birthday. heh
I'm going to wait but I feel bullet train is going to be the last fun action film of the year fun. Spiderman and Maverick was great I don't be want to talk about Thor

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
All kidding aside, off the top of my head, the remainder of 2022 has Bullet Train, I guess Shazam 2, and then, solely for trainwreck value, Black Adam, Black Panther 2: Electric Boogaloo, and Avatar 2? We're still not back to a normal movie roster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

All kidding aside, off the top of my head, the remainder of 2022 has Bullet Train, I guess Shazam 2, and then, solely for trainwreck value, Black Adam, Black Panther 2: Electric Boogaloo, and Avatar 2? We're still not back to a normal movie roster.
Shit forgot about Shazam, doubt it will be as good as the first one. I always think about how they can have an actor play Billy over multiple movies. The Umbrella academy struck gold with the actor that's supposed to be stuck in a kids body

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Top Gun has been the only movie this year I felt was worth the theatrical experience - No Way Home was last year. It doesn't help Hollywood that the more and more you see at home the more annoying it is every time you actually go to theaters, especially if the movies are mediocre like Jurassic World or Thor.

Trailer for this movie was great before Thor but again I know in 45-70 days it'll be on 4K VODs, I can wait.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You guys have McMenamins around you? Thats the best way to watch a movie nowadays

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Spiderman and Top Gun only movies I saw this year in theaters, both a few months after they came out (March & July respectively)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
over/under on this being better or worse than Money Plane?

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't seen the trailer for this prior to right now. It looks very entertaining. I'll go see it around the 5th. That's only 2 weeks from now, anyway.

spronk

FPS noob
buddy saw this today and said it was really good and action packed. RT "critics hate it, audiences love it" seems to confirm

1659661085522.png

with a ton of shit dropping on streams i'll probably still wait to see it at home but if I have a few hours to kill i'll go see it sometime, don't think anything big is hitting theaters for a while so no rush

• 2Like

Szlia

This is based on a book and I suspect that it works better as a book, where you can have dark humor and wacky over the top situations and still give weight and substance to the characters. As a movie though ? It did not work for me. There is zero dramatic tension because we don't care about any of the characters, so we are left with a playful exercise in action and storytelling that does not offer many laughs, thrills or surprises. It hits with a good line here and and a clever idea there, it manages to fill it's 2 hours duration without becoming boring, but at the end of the day it feels somewhat mediocre and pointless.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just saw it on Sunday. Overall was pretty entertaining. Wouldn't see it just by myself but with friends it was pretty good.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Why, was it scary?
No. It's just not a type of movie I would enjoy seeing by myself. It's got some comedy with it which is always hit or miss. Most of it was miss with me but the fact they were in Japan and had sword battles was cool. Didn't hold back on blood and gore much either.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database