Calling all filthy classic beards: need help resolving this conundrum

Notch_sl

shitlord
The map posted seems all sorts of incorrect. Thus, I went searching. . .

There's a site that "preserves" EQ maps. PoH may be found here:EQ Plane of Hate maps

Scroll down a bit and you'll see a map labeled "The Temple of Innoruuk. The Plane of Hate." This map is for the first floor, however the EQ cartographer(?) mapped the upper floors - specifically, "Temple 2", "Organ Hall 2nd Floor", and "Innoruuk Temple." This is how I recall pre-revamp PoH's "second" floor, not the way the Tripod map is drawn.

But, there's more.

Book of Knowledge: Guide to the Plane of Hate - The Safehouse Forumslinks to a Safehouse PoH thread dated August 10, 2000. The post from "Zato" is extremely detailed. It explains every point of interest, mob, mob pathing, and pull strategy for PoH at that time. Nowhere in that post does it reference a port out of PoH. Granted, it's possible to overlook, however doubtful given how thorough the guide. (For reference, Zato's post uses the first map in the above map link for the first floor, and the stylized "Innoruuk Temple" map for the second floor).

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Plane of Fear has a zone out in the pyramid I believe. Most likely patch simply mentioned the wrong zone. People could wander into Fear by accident only way into Hate was a wizard port.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plane of Fear has a zone out in the pyramid I believe. Most likely patch simply mentioned the wrong zone. People could wander into Fear by accident only way into Hate was a wizard port.
They are talking about Plane of Hate not Fear.

Notch_sl

shitlord
I believe the point Siddar was making was that the devs, when writing/posting the Patch Notes, stated "Hate" when they intended to state "Fear."

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
There is no doubt i remember being told to click on a rapier on the ground behind inno during live to zone out. I am not sure exactly when, but pre PoP for sure.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this was resolved on the P99 forums. turns out there was a misworded patch message that made it sound like there was a zone out. there never actually was one.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As a cleric I was always one of the last to leave the zone after rezzing everyone and ensure everyone was good to call it a night. I cannot remember one instance where I zoned out. I was always teleported. Maybe there was one and I never used it but PoH was always one of my favorite classic raids. The zone in was always a blast. As a cleric, I was always pretty busy in PoH more so than I was doing PoF.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sky and Fear had a zone out (temple, jump). Hate never had one. I know the zone like the back of my hand, sadly.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sky and Fear had a zone out (temple, jump). Hate never had one. I know the zone like the back of my hand, sadly.
I feel ya.... I don't know how many zones to this day I could probably still navigate every twist, turn, spawn, and drop.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that solution i mentioned being on the P99 forums:

Crom_sl said:
LOL, looks like the there is a teleporter but not out of the zone : )
Just installed my orginal Kunark CD looking for something else and found this in a patch file on it.

February 17th, 3:00pm
---------------------

There's one minor issue with Paineel that we neglected to mention in the patch message. At the entrance to the city, there is an elevator that must be activated with a key. The "keyhole" in this instance is a rock that is on the ground near the lift. A minor bug exists that does not allow people to click on the rock to activate the elevator. In order to activate the elevator, players will need to hold the key on their pointer, hover it over the rock, and press the "U" key. This will be fixed in a future patch.

In addition, the patch message made reference to a teleporter being placed within the Plane of Hate. The information provided concerning this teleporter was incorrect. The information should read as follows:

- A bug exists within the Plane of Hate that sometimes causes people to be transported to an inactive portion of the zone, from which there is no exit. A teleporter has been placed within this area to transport people who are trapped back to the entrance of Hate.

- The EverQuest Team
Project 1999 - View Single Post - Game Mechanics: PoHate zone out?

Szlia

If it's something you had to click to zone out, wouldn't there be a spell that could be found in the spell database?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
No; world objects, when opened, do not cast spells. Unless they're scripted to do so.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
to this day i still need a map up to make it to the fire giant castle. fuck that zone lol.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
One of the perks of being a monk. You had to actually learn the zones.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of the perks of being a monk. You had to actually learn the zones.
Hell, anyone that actively pulled. It meant the difference between a good pull, or a train in certain situations. Sol B wasnt that hard to learn imo. Upper Guk was the only zone that took me a while to learn. I never grouped in Upper Guk so it was always just a straight shot to lower guk. Once I had that down, the rest of the zone was just scenery.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hell, anyone that actively pulled. It meant the difference between a good pull, or a train in certain situations. Sol B wasnt that hard to learn imo. Upper Guk was the only zone that took me a while to learn. I never grouped in Upper Guk so it was always just a straight shot to lower guk. Once I had that down, the rest of the zone was just scenery.
To this day I can still navigate from Upper Guk entrance to Lower Guk blindfolded. I'm sure I'll be able to 20 years from now as well, without ever logging into the game again. Same with Siren's Grotto to West Wastes and all the others. Crazy how strong EQ memories are for so many of us.